Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion - "Islanded in a Stream of Stars" (spoilers) (3/6/09)

How would you rate this episode?

BSG2006

[61]Mar 9, 2009
    • level: 2
    Adama sure did Bogart that joint.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dragon755

[62]Mar 9, 2009
    • level: 7
    ilee1990 wrote:
    dragon755 wrote:

I have to say this is one of the reasons i love BSG. No its not something we should be showning in a good light...but their not. They are showing wat happens when people get as depressed as they are. they are showing that it (just adultry, torture, revenge and other trends we as the human race use daily) is not something. it is asking the question why do we humans deserve to survive. BHS i dont direct this next line at you, but for those arent who are being all 'what about the children?' get over it. ur the reason why censorship is so over used these days

Have you heard of spell check? Hard to understand anything you have to stay.But I get the idea. You are among the intolerent tolerent in society. You are fine with other people's opinions as long as you agree with them.

yeah i know. Sorry i was very tired that night...i didnt realise all the mistakes i was making....Sorry. Ok try this:

I have to say this is one of the reasons why i love BSG. No drugs, suicides and etc. are not something we should be showning in a good light...but BSG is not. It is not trying to hide all the 'bad things' and show a lovely image of the world. And why should it? Adultry, torture, revenge, sucide, drugs, terrorism all of these things happen everyday. The entire point of BSG is to ask the question: 'why do we humans deserve to survive?' I for one think we don't but i'll continue to anyway as long as i can. But people who worry too much about harming innocent minds or such similar and then complain that their opinions aren't being heard, or we are being intolerant to them...well that sounds like intolerent tolerent to me. Your ok with other peoples opinions so long as they don't damage little child, or hide the reality of life...But seriously, censorship ruins lives, i grew up with less censorship and i turned out fine, as well as most of the people reading this have as well. It just gets to me.

For the records sake, people can have what ever opinion they want. I am in my right to agree or disagree with them and argue with them however i choose. I dont see how that makes me 'fine with other people's opinions as long as you agree with them'... but whatever, i will defend your right to have that opinion of me. Its called free speech, one thing we are losing track of these days.

Anyway Enough about that, this episode really got me geared up for the finale. I cant wait to have everything finally explained.

hoobydictator

[63]Mar 9, 2009
    • level: 4
    dragon755 wrote:

I have to say this is one of the reasons why i love BSG. No drugs, suicides and etc. are not something we should be showning in a good light...but BSG is not. It is not trying to hide all the 'bad things' and show a lovely image of the world. And why should it? Adultry, torture, revenge, sucide, drugs, terrorism all of these things happen everyday.

It isn't all the big things, there are lots of smaller more mundane things that just get edited out of most science fiction shows that turn them into slightly surreal worlds. It's like the old question about where the toliets are on the starship Enterprise. Yes, sure we got a couple of scenes in Babylon 5 with Sinclair and Garibaldi discussing the events of the day in the gents, but here we get Starbuck and Baltar discussing his little speech about angels whilst he shaves and she takes a jimmy with the door open. And there's that thing in the previous episode about the last tube of toothpaste in the fleet...

One of the things that is currently under development is the continuation of the Stargate franchise. As I understand the premise of Stargate Universe, a team of people get stranded on a ship in deep space having fled a facility where they were being attacked. Now that suggests to me that they will have, given that they left in a hurry, limited supplies and no opportunity to call home to send someone out to do the shopping for them. Yet I suspect that week after week the team will wander around the ship in their immaculately clean clothes with perfectly quaffed hair, and (where applicable) a face full of slap, and no one will complain about anyone elses BO. "OK, first things first, team. Search the ship. Locate the laundry and a supply of hair gel".

Revel in the realities of BSG while you can; it's back to unreality and no consequences for a while ofter this!

mialza

[64]Mar 9, 2009
    • level: 14

Can we please stop debating the the effects of drugs and alcohol on society and actually discuss the episode? I agree that its a touchy topic and great for debate, but is this the place for it? Plus are were sure it was even a joint. It could have been a nice cigar or something, and they've been in space for four years. Even if it was grown on New Caprica that weed would be between 18 months and four years old. It would be terrible. Plus if it was grow hydroponically on a ship that gear would have confiscated and used to grow something a little more useful like food. I can't believe that after everything this show has thrown at us the one thing I'm thinking about now is how they got a joint in space. I really need to see the next episode.

mialza

[65]Mar 9, 2009
    • level: 14
    P.S. I agree. Adama bogarted the hell out of that joint

scififan12921

[66]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 6
    psychickiller wrote:
    I don't know what about you guys, but watching this show and smoking a joint at the same time is awesome.

/Sarcasm

Not a bad episode, and not a shocking one either. Just the sort of episode we can all enjoy before the finale. It's right behind the corner now...
    The glimpse of the Cylons' home was nice. That will be the setup for the final showdown, I presume?

I agree, the colony is going to be pivotal. Especially since it can be moved. My guess is Cavil somehow forces Hera to give him the notes she gave to kara. I think they are going to end up being some kind of map.

Both fleets arrive and a showdown ensues

oddbodd72

[67]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 4

I haven't seen or read any spoilers, and this is just a gut feeling but I'll tag it in case you don't want to see speculations:

***SPOILER***

MetaLuna

[68]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 5
    oddbodd72 wrote:

I haven't seen or read any spoilers, and this is just a gut feeling but I'll tag it in case you don't want to see speculations:

***SPOILER***

Wow, you totally didn't read any of the other forum posts did you?