Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion - "No Exit" (2/13/09) (spoilers)

How would you rate this episode?

  • Avatar of Daxx00004

    Daxx00004

    [101]Feb 17, 2009
    • member since: 02/05/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 1,263
    slowblink wrote:
    No bites on parallels with BSG and the Asimov universe, but why stop now...?

    In "Foundation and Earth" our heroes find earth, only to discover that it is a radioactive wasteland. Furthermore, Daneel, the robot in human form, is dwelling on earths moon waiting for our heroes in order to continue humanities evolution.

    Most of that has panned out so far in BSG.

    Daneel Olivaw was not the first humanoid robot, but rather, one that was built with an anomaly that made him a little more intuitive than his peers.

    Daniel will have been born in BSG with some trait that made him different/better than the others and Cavill will have destroyed him to avert the threat. The original model of Daniel will still be alive, regenerating himself somehow and dwelling on the research facility orbiting earth. It might be the moon, or with a tip of the hat to the original series, it might be the ship of light.

    Daneel was nearly immortal so that could be true of Daniel as well. Daneel also took a leap of imagination and programming to develop the zeroth law that overrode the 1st law that prevented robots from harming humans and Daneel reasoned that protecting humanity as a whole was a greater calling than protecting any single human. Thereby allowing him to sacrifice the life of a single being if it saved a greater number of humans. He discovered that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kbluebig

    kbluebig

    [102]Feb 17, 2009
    • member since: 01/30/04
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 24

    This may have already been said here (there are over 100 frakin posts on this thread alone) but are people forgetting or maybe people did not notice but there was a ship, slightly off camera but you could see it, right when Starbuck's Viper exploded. You could barely see it but I saw it. I assumed that was suppose to be a mini resurrection ship. Which made me assume, even before she came back, that she was one of the final five but now that she is back, I knew that would be too obvious to make her a final cylon.

    I definately agree that Daniel is Kara's father and that he is now dead but that she was downloaded to that mini resurrection ship belonging to the final five, taken to earth, out into her "new" viper and to orbit earth then it took her back since I assume it now has jump capabilities. She was only awakened after that mini resurrection ship left her.

    Which means she is the original huma/cylon hybrid.

    At first I agreed with the ghost in the shell theory, that Daniel was just a software based cylon that was in their heads or hard drives. And that would explain vison six and vision baltar but that would mean Baltar is a human Cylon or at least a hybrid and I really do not think he is.

    And speaking of vision six, does anyone else find it weird that Baltar stopped seeing vision six right after he accepted to believe in the one God and be the cult leader. Its like everything that vision six has done was just to get him to that point and since he is there, she does not need him to do anything else... For now.

    This last information episode really made BSG my favorite show of all time. Now only if LOST could just have an episode like that.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Libaax

    Libaax

    [103]Feb 17, 2009
    • member since: 07/26/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 1,074

    Its bit simplistic, and I havent analyzed it in relation the whole plot, but it was my first instinct WHILE watching the actual scene of when the 7th/Daniel was mentionned (Man, Cavil turned into an epic character btw...). When Ellen mentionned Daniel is sensitive, docile and intuitive artist as a personality. The first name to have popped immediately, of characters we know and fits somewhatl with the description, was Felix Gaeta (farfetched, I know). That he was a gentle guy is obvious, despite his confused ways in the end with his obbssessive notions of good, and noble ideas (bit naive in his effort to do good, to the point sinister characters like the Cylons in New Caprica, Zarek, takes advantage of that need to do good), but mainly it just got triggered because of his touching last dialogue with Baltar (how this dialogue was made, struck me as a very vital, instead of dying words only), of how he in his heart he seen himself as an artist since childhood, dreamt of creating things, doing something beautiful with his life etc.

    As I said, prolly doesnt fit in the general scheme of things (prolly several holes in this notion), and perhaps they wont opt for resurrecting yet another Galactica character whom we thought was dead, as a Cylon, now that they did it with Ellen, cheap to re-do same twist (plus, she would have mentionned she met Daniel in the fleet to Cavil prolly?). But as I said, if the criteria of a gentle soul (I know several of you may not agree with this, considering what he did, but genuinly think Gaeta even thoughlost/bitter, was really essentially a nice dude who got corrupted) who is an "artist", and if one who has to be a character we know, then you can perhaps understand why my first instinct when watching that scene, was directly thinking of Gaeta. This series like to keep things simple with certain matters, and also like twists now and then, so perhaps this may be semi plausible in some realm. Or Daniel/7th might just be not that important character at all, who knows.

    Or wait...Just thought of a little thing that may help this psuedo random thought of mine, that may make this farfetched instinctive of mine tiny tiny bit more credible. The whole thing with New Caprica. Ellen established that Cavils whole deal with New Caprica was nothing but a vicious experiment to **** with, and brutally screw around the final 5 in various sinister ways. Assuming Gaeta is one single copy of the 7th (doesnt make sense, but know knows), and Cavil put him in there with the humans like with Boomer, and Cavil REALLY hates Daniels guts as was explained, then perhaps what happend to Gaeta in New Caprica would fit in with Cavils cruel experiment quite well. Gaeta totally changed from the nice loyal guy he was, and was basically extremelly corrupted in New Caprica (fits in to want to corrupt him, if he is the "nice" and loyal, favourite model of Ellen, that Cavil hates and is jealous of, to a bitter deluded man who dethrones his beloved and sacred commander), was royally set up in a way that his whole self was tested as in what he would do in the name of "good" (to the point he became a bitter broken man later). Was put in an impossible position of being a traitor or not, walking thin line of that its a necessary evil to cooperate with cylons to save humans etc.

    Cavil orchestrated all the final 5 like pawns (deliberately picked roles for all of them with this whole New Caprica charade), but if you think in similar to what happend to Gaeta, an 8th was directly involved with corrupting Gaeta, having an affair with him, mentally terrorising him for a long time (as I said TOTALLY changed man), if you consider it, why would they go through the elaborate trouble to single out and physchologically torture a normal human (because they really didnt need his lists, didnt make sense whatsoever, but with the 8ths speeches in "the face of your enemy" little webisodes, the interest seemed to be the "human psyche" and playing doctor with it, why Gaeta in particular?).

    Cavil directly screwed with the 5 final in New Caprica (indirectly harmed lots of humans, but didnt single out humans in a special way as Gaeta was), but didnt care much for any of your typical humans (except as collateral damage so to speak). But Gaeta, Gaeta was having an 8th going through the elaborate double agent routine of seducing him, and not only physically ****ing him (lucky gimp...), but mentally raping him. Why go through all of that? For what? Only human we know of who got special attention like that from Cylons is Kara from Leoben, and we know Kara isnt an ordinary human...

    Sorry for being long winded, thinking of Gaeta as the gentle intuitive artistic soul that was desribed, is a very in the moment random thought from my part (that I really dont think makes alot of sense, other then similar characteristics). But then this brainstorm of New Caprica happend, and I find it corious how Gaeta was singled out by the Cylons (and his peculiar and interesting talks, with the Cylon lover and expert himself, Gaius Baltar. Had a special connection with him, Baltar who seems to give very little regard for the other humans, took special interest in Gaeta), and why they chose him in particular to screw around with, like the final 5 were. Cavil having quite a grudge against the 7th/Daniel, could perhaps make this understandable, with Cavils sinister and cruel games that Ellen described to have occured in New Caprica. Over and out with the random thoughts. Perhaps New Caprica means jack **** in overall storyline of it all, and I'm reading too much into it. Probably.

    Edited on 02/17/2009 7:11pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BHSWorkstation

    BHSWorkstation

    [104]Feb 17, 2009
    • member since: 01/17/09
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 35

    I'm not surprised that this episode and the emergence of the final revelations seem to be generating a bit of controversy and even animosity. It is pretty clear that a number of major plot points, especially the "Reveals," were not originally thought out in a way that allows them to make logical sense within the current framework of the story. I don't think anyone here is implying that watching "Dallas" is a better alternative (but it is funny that Ron D. Moore has cited "Dallas" as a model at least in part for "Caprica"). I think we all agree that "BSG" is by far one of the best shows on TV period. That said, I think it is fair for those of us who find the latest "twists" to be credibility stretching to be able to express some level of disappointment. Again, it is not to negate any of the incredible achievements of the show but simply to share what aspects we do or don't enjoy. Who knows, maybe some of the powers that be will listen in and use that feedback to improve (if that's possible) future projects such as "Caprica." Some of us enjoy the gritty drama and others the Cylon mythology. Either way, this is a forum for us to share our ideas and opinions.

    That said, I am one of those that enjoy the stories that focus on the "gritty drama" exploring the depths of human nature. IMHO, "The Oath" and "Blood on the Scales" were two of the best episodes of the series because they were both action-packed and character driven while making complete sense. Same goes for the "Pegasus" arc. I also enjoy these episodes because they made me realize that other than the initiial attack on the colonies, the humans have killed far more of themselves than the Cylons. Now that has something to say about human nature. I do find the obvious inconsitencies in the Cyon mythology to be somewhat distracting and even worse, simply boring. But it is a great show and I am more than willing to accept it. And if it can be mostly done in single episodes, I am more than willing to take my medicine so we can get back to some meaty character development.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hoobydictator

    hoobydictator

    [105]Feb 18, 2009
    • member since: 01/17/09
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 83
    kbluebig wrote:

    This may have already been said here (there are over 100 frakin posts on this thread alone) but are people forgetting or maybe people did not notice but there was a ship, slightly off camera but you could see it, right when Starbuck's Viper exploded. You could barely see it but I saw it. I assumed that was suppose to be a mini resurrection ship. Which made me assume, even before she came back, that she was one of the final five but now that she is back, I knew that would be too obvious to make her a final cylon.

    Yes, I spotted that. It looked like one of the Cylon heavy raiders. My guess at the moment is that the five found a way to save one of the Daniel prototypes who has control of the ship they brought from Earth. This ship may well have had to have been hidden whilst it was orbiting Earth, so it could have some form of stealth technology and thus could have been following the fleet all along (assuming it had been retrofitted with FTL drives). If a ship in orbit was sufficiently close for the memory transfer process to work, then it would not have required a ship in close proximity to the subject. I think the raider was there to rescue the remains of the Viper so it could be dumped on Earth later. The Viper clearly did not crash there as you would expect there to be some sort of crater; it was just lying there which would suggest that it was put there, although the reason for that beyond placing the transponder on Earth I cannot explain.

    As for Kara's resurrection, it might well have been done using genetic material from the ovary that one of the Simon's took in the farm on Caprica. She may or may not be Cylon. Daniel may have gotten the memory transfer process to work on humans passing into cloned bodies.

    Actually, something has just occurred. What if to protect Daniel, the five gave him the ability to jump models? If he was able to resurrect undetected as one of the other models (or even as a centurian) he would have free movement amongst the general Cylon population and access to information and resources he would not ordinarily have if he resurrected to one of his own bodies which would have been easily identifiable as a rogue model.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of guyroy1971

    guyroy1971

    [106]Feb 18, 2009
    • member since: 04/18/08
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 87
    BHSWorkstation wrote:

    I'm not surprised that this episode and the emergence of the final revelations seem to be generating a bit of controversy and even animosity. It is pretty clear that a number of major plot points, especially the "Reveals," were not originally thought out in a way that allows them to make logical sense within the current framework of the story. I don't think anyone here is implying that watching "Dallas" is a better alternative (but it is funny that Ron D. Moore has cited "Dallas" as a model at least in part for "Caprica"). I think we all agree that "BSG" is by far one of the best shows on TV period. That said, I think it is fair for those of us who find the latest "twists" to be credibility stretching to be able to express some level of disappointment. Again, it is not to negate any of the incredible achievements of the show but simply to share what aspects we do or don't enjoy. Who knows, maybe some of the powers that be will listen in and use that feedback to improve (if that's possible) future projects such as "Caprica." Some of us enjoy the gritty drama and others the Cylon mythology. Either way, this is a forum for us to share our ideas and opinions.

    That said, I am one of those that enjoy the stories that focus on the "gritty drama" exploring the depths of human nature. IMHO, "The Oath" and "Blood on the Scales" were two of the best episodes of the series because they were both action-packed and character driven while making complete sense. Same goes for the "Pegasus" arc. I also enjoy these episodes because they made me realize that other than the initiial attack on the colonies, the humans have killed far more of themselves than the Cylons. Now that has something to say about human nature. I do find the obvious inconsitencies in the Cyon mythology to be somewhat distracting and even worse, simply boring. But it is a great show and I am more than willing to accept it. And if it can be mostly done in single episodes, I am more than willing to take my medicine so we can get back to some meaty character development.



    I agree, I wrote a review pointing out what I didn't like about the episode and got 18 negatives on it..lol I think the fun point of message boards like this are arguing about your favorite shows (nicely of course) rather than reading 100 post of people saying BSG is awsome..that's boring. If your going to rip the show every time or make fun of the people that watch it that's different, but if you simply don't like an episode and write why, you shouldn't get dumped on. The person who wrote it is obviously a fan and watched the episode after all.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jmac4ever

    jmac4ever

    [107]Feb 18, 2009
    • member since: 11/12/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 756
    Okay, can someone please explain how they survived a 1000 year voyage? Repeated ressurrections? Also, at what age point do they ressurect? For instance, can Helen age now? There's still a lot we don't know.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mialza

    mialza

    [108]Feb 18, 2009
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 119

    jmac4ever wrote:
    Okay, can someone please explain how they survived a 1000 year voyage? Repeated ressurrections? Also, at what age point do they ressurect? For instance, can Helen age now? There's still a lot we don't know.

    In physics if you move fast enough, but are below the speed of light time actually slows down around you. Anders said they didn't have FTL drives 2000 years before when they left Earth, but could move fast enough to get to the colonies in a few years. The problem of course was that for them time was normal but outside 2000 years went by. From what I know this is actually a correct byproduct of incredibly advanced speeds. I think Einstein thought it up. My guess is the FTL drives offer almost instantaneous movement through space and as a result there is no time dilation. Had they know Earth's location in the beginning it might have only taken a month or so to get there with a fraction of the jumps they actually used.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jmac4ever

    jmac4ever

    [109]Feb 18, 2009
    • member since: 11/12/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 756
    mialza wrote:

    jmac4ever wrote:
    Okay, can someone please explain how they survived a 1000 year voyage? Repeated ressurrections? Also, at what age point do they ressurect? For instance, can Helen age now? There's still a lot we don't know.

    In physics if you move fast enough, but are below the speed of light time actually slows down around you. Anders said they didn't have FTL drives 2000 years before when they left Earth, but could move fast enough to get to the colonies in a few years. The problem of course was that for them time was normal but outside 2000 years went by. From what I know this is actually a correct byproduct of incredibly advanced speeds. I think Einstein thought it up. My guess is the FTL drives offer almost instantaneous movement through space and as a result there is no time dilation. Had they know Earth's location in the beginning it might have only taken a month or so to get there with a fraction of the jumps they actually used.

    Thank you for that. I wasn't sure if that was a science thing I didn't get or simply an answer we hadn't recieved. Still doesn't answer the whole aging question though. Odds are that they ressurected at the same age they were when Earth went bye-bye when they left to find the 12 colonies. But that still doesn't explain if they keep aging from that point or not or how Cavil/John managed to make Sol and Ellen young again.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MrBovineOrdure

    MrBovineOrdure

    [110]Feb 18, 2009
    • member since: 06/03/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 411

    A small inconsistancy.

    A Sharon model a few episodes back creeped out Helo stating that she learned the art of massaging from accessing the memories of his Sharon downloading. She remembered the warmth and love etc.

    Ellen downloaded. Cavil wanted the information on resurrection. Why then didn't he avail himself to the same download memory?

    One answer could just be that he really IS a sadist.

    Of course another question is, they have "blank" bodies. When the resurrection ship blew up, we saw a bunch of "Blank" Sharons. This implies that the blanks are designed before-hand. Much like manufacturing bullets. They're all bullets, but some are 22s, others are 38s etc. Why would Cavil have a "Blank" Ellen body?

    Mr BO

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Daxx00004

    Daxx00004

    [111]Feb 18, 2009
    • member since: 02/05/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 1,263
    MrBovineOrdure wrote:

    A small inconsistancy.

    A Sharon model a few episodes back creeped out Helo stating that she learned the art of massaging from accessing the memories of his Sharon downloading. She remembered the warmth and love etc.

    Ellen downloaded. Cavil wanted the information on resurrection. Why then didn't he avail himself to the same download memory?

    One answer could just be that he really IS a sadist.

    Of course another question is, they have "blank" bodies. When the resurrection ship blew up, we saw a bunch of "Blank" Sharons. This implies that the blanks are designed before-hand. Much like manufacturing bullets. They're all bullets, but some are 22s, others are 38s etc. Why would Cavil have a "Blank" Ellen body?

    Mr BO


    Possible that only a cylon of the same model can access that models memories. Example would be that both Sharon's have the same memories.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of scififan12921

    scififan12921

    [112]Feb 18, 2009
    • member since: 09/29/08
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 131
    good point about the "blanks", it's possible the five don't need them the way the others do. They may have kept one secret about resurrection to themselves so the next series of models would be remain dependent on them. They also could have used the hybrids to hide their "blanks" somehow.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CesarinPillin

    CesarinPillin

    [113]Feb 18, 2009
    • member since: 05/07/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 38
    eurokomitet wrote:
    ummhaniyyah wrote:
    Daniel - He died. His fetus' amniotic fluid was poisoned and his DNA corrupted - so his fate would have been more final than boxing.
    I think Ellen only said that the copies' amniotic fluid was poisoned. The original Daniel model might still be alive, or at least have survived and escaped. Ellen said that he was a sensitive artist type, and I'm presuming that meant she had actually met him (not just designed him and then saw the product destroyed). So I think one (the original) would have survived at least the fetal poisoning.
    actually Im wondering the same. but if you remember how the Leoben model keep pushing Kara a lot during the "occupation". to draw, to get with him. and then doing the weird drawings. Im honestly buying that "Kara's father was the Daniels model"
    kbluebig wrote:

    This may have already been said here (there are over 100 frakin posts on this thread alone) but are people forgetting or maybe people did not notice but there was a ship, slightly off camera but you could see it, right when Starbuck's Viper exploded. You could barely see it but I saw it. I assumed that was suppose to be a mini resurrection ship. Which made me assume, even before she came back, that she was one of the final five but now that she is back, I knew that would be too obvious to make her a final cylon.

    I definately agree that Daniel is Kara's father and that he is now dead but that she was downloaded to that mini resurrection ship belonging to the final five, taken to earth, out into her "new" viper and to orbit earth then it took her back since I assume it now has jump capabilities. She was only awakened after that mini resurrection ship left her.

    Which means she is the original huma/cylon hybrid.

    At first I agreed with the ghost in the shell theory, that Daniel was just a software based cylon that was in their heads or hard drives. And that would explain vison six and vision baltar but that would mean Baltar is a human Cylon or at least a hybrid and I really do not think he is.

    And speaking of vision six, does anyone else find it weird that Baltar stopped seeing vision six right after he accepted to believe in the one God and be the cult leader. Its like everything that vision six has done was just to get him to that point and since he is there, she does not need him to do anything else... For now.

    This last information episode really made BSG my favorite show of all time. Now only if LOST could just have an episode like that.

    do you have any screenshot that shows said ship?

    Edited on 02/18/2009 7:36pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hoobydictator

    hoobydictator

    [114]Feb 19, 2009
    • member since: 01/17/09
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 83
    CesarinPillin wrote:
    do you have any screenshot that shows said ship?

    There's an image here: http://mensnewsdaily.com/2007/03/14/battlestar-galactica-spoiler-kara-starbuck-thrace-definitely-not-dead/

    and another from a few frames earlier here: http://westkarana.com/index.php/2007/03/07/battlestar-galactica-frame-by-frame/

    (sorry the links ain't clicky; this is the fourth time of trying and it don't seem to be working right any other way)

    On DVD,the ship only appears from 00:37:59 to 00:38:00 after the cut from a cockpit closeup on Lee to an external shot. Before it disappears into the clouds, all three ships are visible in the same frame with the third ship having a very different silhouette, so it is definitely not a Viper and not one of the two ships everyone is concentrating on. I spotted it the first time I saw Maelstrom and had to rewind to take a slower look just to be sure what I saw.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Daxx00004

    Daxx00004

    [115]Feb 19, 2009
    • member since: 02/05/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 1,263
    hoobydictator wrote:
    CesarinPillin wrote:
    do you have any screenshot that shows said ship?

    There's an image here: http://mensnewsdaily.com/2007/03/14/battlestar-galactica-spoiler-kara-starbuck-thrace-definitely-not-dead/

    and another from a few frames earlier here: http://westkarana.com/index.php/2007/03/07/battlestar-galactica-frame-by-frame/

    (sorry the links ain't clicky; this is the fourth time of trying and it don't seem to be working right any other way)

    On DVD,the ship only appears from 00:37:59 to 00:38:00 after the cut from a cockpit closeup on Lee to an external shot. Before it disappears into the clouds, all three ships are visible in the same frame with the third ship having a very different silhouette, so it is definitely not a Viper and not one of the two ships everyone is concentrating on. I spotted it the first time I saw Maelstrom and had to rewind to take a slower look just to be sure what I saw.


    Did you read some of the commentary at the bottom of the first link. Some guys with serious insecurity, they sure don't like Kara. LOL
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hazelnut144

    hazelnut144

    [116]Feb 19, 2009
    • member since: 05/01/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 365
    Daxx00004 wrote:
    hoobydictator wrote:
    CesarinPillin wrote:
    do you have any screenshot that shows said ship?

    There's an image here: http://mensnewsdaily.com/2007/03/14/battlestar-galactica-spoiler-kara-starbuck-thrace-definitely-not-dead/

    and another from a few frames earlier here: http://westkarana.com/index.php/2007/03/07/battlestar-galactica-frame-by-frame/

    (sorry the links ain't clicky; this is the fourth time of trying and it don't seem to be working right any other way)

    On DVD,the ship only appears from 00:37:59 to 00:38:00 after the cut from a cockpit closeup on Lee to an external shot. Before it disappears into the clouds, all three ships are visible in the same frame with the third ship having a very different silhouette, so it is definitely not a Viper and not one of the two ships everyone is concentrating on. I spotted it the first time I saw Maelstrom and had to rewind to take a slower look just to be sure what I saw.


    Did you read some of the commentary at the bottom of the first link. Some guys with serious insecurity, they sure don't like Kara. LOL


    Wow. Am I the only one who finds it depressing that people like that still exist??
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of scififan12921

    scififan12921

    [117]Feb 20, 2009
    • member since: 09/29/08
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 131
    hazelnut144 wrote:
    Daxx00004 wrote:
    hoobydictator wrote:
    CesarinPillin wrote:
    do you have any screenshot that shows said ship?

    There's an image here: http://mensnewsdaily.com/2007/03/14/battlestar-galactica-spoiler-kara-starbuck-thrace-definitely-not-dead/

    and another from a few frames earlier here: http://westkarana.com/index.php/2007/03/07/battlestar-galactica-frame-by-frame/

    (sorry the links ain't clicky; this is the fourth time of trying and it don't seem to be working right any other way)

    On DVD,the ship only appears from 00:37:59 to 00:38:00 after the cut from a cockpit closeup on Lee to an external shot. Before it disappears into the clouds, all three ships are visible in the same frame with the third ship having a very different silhouette, so it is definitely not a Viper and not one of the two ships everyone is concentrating on. I spotted it the first time I saw Maelstrom and had to rewind to take a slower look just to be sure what I saw.


    Did you read some of the commentary at the bottom of the first link. Some guys with serious insecurity, they sure don't like Kara. LOL


    Wow. Am I the only one who finds it depressing that people like that still exist??


    no, not only is it depressing but somewhere out in cyberspace there's a record that I actually went to that sight. That's really depressing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of martymcflyjb

    martymcflyjb

    [118]Feb 20, 2009
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 318

    I thought they did a great job filling in the gaps, including the question of who the 7 model was. No, of course that detail wasn't planned from the beginning but it's not the kind of detail that would be. I'm sure they have always had an idea of how it would all end, what Kara's destiny is, and probably what the Cylons' actions were motivated by (Cavil's vengence). I think they've done a great job filling it in as they go along.

    MrBovineOrdure wrote:

    Of course another question is, they have "blank" bodies. When the resurrection ship blew up, we saw a bunch of "Blank" Sharons. This implies that the blanks are designed before-hand. Much like manufacturing bullets. They're all bullets, but some are 22s, others are 38s etc. Why would Cavil have a "Blank" Ellen body?

    Mr BO

    Cavill probably kept a blank copy of each of the Final Five in a safe place in case any of them needed to download. It was clear that he enjoyed torturing them, but not letting them die. It was also clear that wherever Ellen resurrected and was being "kept" was not accessible by the general Cylon population.

    Edited on 02/20/2009 7:35pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of anthem47

    anthem47

    [119]Feb 21, 2009
    • member since: 02/18/08
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 345

    A quote from that website:

    Toubrouk said,

    I din't even tried to watch BSG, not my style. I have heard of Starbuck by friends who watch the show. We can resume the character as "The girl who's always right".

    If a TV series got such a character, then it's not worth watching.

    March 15, 2007 at 3:48 pm

    =O Never in my life did I think I would be exposed to that kind of opinion.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Daxx00004

    Daxx00004

    [120]Feb 21, 2009
    • member since: 02/05/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 1,263
    anthem47 wrote:

    A quote from that website:

    Toubrouk said,

    I din't even tried to watch BSG, not my style. I have heard of Starbuck by friends who watch the show. We can resume the character as "The girl who's always right".

    If a TV series got such a character, then it's not worth watching.

    March 15, 2007 at 3:48 pm

    =O Never in my life did I think I would be exposed to that kind of opinion.


    There were a lot of male chauvinist comments on that page. Disturbing that so many of the opinions mirrored the feel of the above statement. Some of them were actually much cruder. Besides Starbuck has never been always right. She is probably one of the saddest, most screwed up characters on television.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.