Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion - "Occupation/Precipice" Ep. 3-1.0/3-1.5 (spoilers)

quazy_qual

[21]Oct 6, 2006
    • level: 12
    I knew Geata was the informat from the moment he was shown on screen. The hair is a total give away.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

WarGrowlmon15

[22]Oct 6, 2006
    • level: 8
    gcswift2 wrote:

Whoa! That was intense. Whats up with that kid and Starbuck? Ellen Tigh and the Reverend? Is Rosalind ok? Is Balthazar a Cylon? Oh yeah, Sharon WTF?!?!?!? IS that kid with starbuck a cylon or 1/2 cylon or human? Damn, I've got so many questions. I dont know where to begin.

Outstanding. This was the best Episode ever. This is why I love sci-fi

The girl is half and half like Hera, Helo and Sharon's daughter. Sharon's reinstatment (or instatment at least) was a show that the Admiral truts her now I mean he spurced up her brig apparently in the last year so it was apparently much more comfortable for her. I also found it ironic that the Sharon who was killed by Cally was trying to help free her I guess she held no grudge against her. Number 6 is dead again but she'll be back like Cavil said. Poor Duck though I was starting to like that charchter. Didn't see it coming though that that copy of Diana Biers was the same one 6 killed in Downloaded though.

trackstarbuck

[23]Oct 6, 2006
    • level: 10
    i knew it too. it was kinda easy to figure it out.

trackstarbuck

[24]Oct 6, 2006
    WarGrowlmon15 wrote:
    gcswift2 wrote:

Whoa! That was intense. Whats up with that kid and Starbuck? Ellen Tigh and the Reverend? Is Rosalind ok? Is Balthazar a Cylon? Oh yeah, Sharon WTF?!?!?!? IS that kid with starbuck a cylon or 1/2 cylon or human? Damn, I've got so many questions. I dont know where to begin.

The girl is half and half like Hera, Helo and Sharon's daughter. Sharon's reinstatment (or instatment at least) was a show that the Admiral truts her now I mean he spurced up her brig apparently in the last year so it was apparently much more comfortable for her. I also found it ironic that the Sharon who was killed by Cally was trying to help free her I guess she held no grudge against her. Number 6 is dead again but she'll be back like Cavil said. Poor Duck though I was starting to like that charchter. Didn't see it coming though that that copy of Diana Biers was the same one 6 killed in Downloaded though.

it is NOT her child! i refuse to believe such evil!

WarGrowlmon15

[25]Oct 6, 2006
    quazy_qual wrote:
    I knew Geata was the informat from the moment he was shown on screen. The hair is a total give away.

I knew it was him the moment that I heard that there was an informant.

trackstarbuck

[26]Oct 6, 2006
    WarGrowlmon15 wrote:
    quazy_qual wrote:

ok, so we all knew. how fascinating.... didn`t expect the Ellen/Cathol thing though! *shudders*

WarGrowlmon15

[27]Oct 6, 2006
    gcswift2 wrote:
    wedgeantilles54 wrote:

All i have to say is wow.
    The Premire of Season 3 was awsome, and the ending well wow leaving the fates of several major characters in limbo i thought they only did that in season enders

I have to say the fat apollo is kinda odd but oh well

And how did Jammer survive the explosion at the police graduation

And the preview of the rest of the season well it opens up some interesting possiblities as who is and is not a cylon

Oh yeah Jammer was a cylon all along, DAMN!!!! I love this show!

Don't think that he was. I mean Doral called him human in the web-series so I think he just got lucky I mean he was closer to the back so maybe he was far enough away to survive the explosion I mean Biers said the 33 people died but it looked like there was a lot more in there. I did like how he kinda redemed himself in the end by saving Cally who apparently was his friend.

danharr

[28]Oct 6, 2006
    • level: 45
    Wow Mrs.Ty screwing a Cylon to free hubby, Starbuck being held captive by a love crazed Cylon, and scary parallels to real events with the Caprica insurgency ending in a suicide bombing and that was just the first hour!  Starbuck has a baby which i'm not sure I want to see after the Boomer baby saga of last season.  Back to Mrs. Ty after the talk of her being a Cylon it was great to see she just plain loves her hubby despite her skanky ways.  Then another surprise Starbuck allegedly indoctrinated thanks to her earlier mentioned baby but thanks to those all too much telling previews the greatest question being what happend to Rosalyn.  A great start hope it doesn't bog down like last season.

WarGrowlmon15

[29]Oct 6, 2006
    trackstarbuck wrote:
    WarGrowlmon15 wrote:
    gcswift2 wrote:

I don't get it: Sharon blew the hell out of that Farm and Kara killed all of the known Cylons inside so how did they get her ovary from there if the place was destroyed???

quazy_qual

[30]Oct 6, 2006
    WarGrowlmon15 wrote:
    quazy_qual wrote:

Fine you beat me by like two seconds.

WarGrowlmon15

[31]Oct 6, 2006
    trackstarbuck wrote:
    WarGrowlmon15 wrote:
    quazy_qual wrote:

ok, so we all knew. how fascinating.... didn`t expect the Ellen/Cathol thing though! *shudders*

First it's Cavil and second I'm not surprised since she is kinda a harlot. I knew she was going to betray them somehow thanks to information I dug up on future episodes.

WarGrowlmon15

[32]Oct 6, 2006
    quazy_qual wrote:
    WarGrowlmon15 wrote:
    quazy_qual wrote:

Fine you beat me by like two seconds.

No I knew the second that they mentioned it before they showed him walking along at night: he was the only one that made sense and he did seem like the type of person to do that Duck though (sighs) well at least he's with Nora now.

trackstarbuck

[33]Oct 6, 2006
    WarGrowlmon15 wrote:
    trackstarbuck wrote:
    WarGrowlmon15 wrote:
    gcswift2 wrote:

I don't get it: Sharon blew the hell out of that Farm and Kara killed all of the known Cylons inside so how did they get her ovary from there if the place was destroyed???

exactly! NOT HER CHILD!

trackstarbuck

[34]Oct 6, 2006
    WarGrowlmon15 wrote:
    trackstarbuck wrote:
    WarGrowlmon15 wrote:
    quazy_qual wrote:

First it's Cavil and second I'm not surprised since she is kinda a harlot. I knew she was going to betray them somehow thanks to information I dug up on future episodes.

yeah... but didn`t think ANYONE would be that low!

WarGrowlmon15

[35]Oct 6, 2006
    24Titan wrote:

Wow.  They really lay on the allegorical stuff in this one.  All of the suicide bombing stuff is filled with parallels to the war in Iraq.  Really makes you question the morality of war in general.  A very interesting viewpoint on the subject.

I guess everyone got married during our little 16-month gap.  Anders married Kara (who's now being "seduced", I guess you could say, by Leoben), Lee married Dee (still don't really like that), Galen married Cally, and Helo married Sharon (definitely in support of that one).  It's a little surprising.

Even more surprising is the commissioning of Sharon into the Colonial Fleet.  I wonder how that will go over with the rest of the population if they ever get back to the Galactica.  Also interesting to see was how open the new crew, I guess you could say, of the Galactica is with Sharon.  She has a bed, a couch, and a coffee table (that yes, is still inside a cell) and she gets visits with Admiral Adama without seventeen guards all pointing machine guns at her.

Best scene of the episode was the signing of the execution order.  Oh, my God.  That scene was beyond insane.  It was so crazy how they were forcing Baltar to sign the document at gunpoint.  Raises my sympathy for Baltar slightly.  Slightly, but not but not by too much.  And Doral shot her in the head!  He just shot her!  It was just crazy.

Overall, a great continuation and definitely not a disappointment after seven months.  But now, who lives and who dies?  I guess we'll find out next week on Galactica.

Actually they never said that Helo married Sharon but I'm glad that the Admiral released her she's been nothing but helpful and she seemed to be his advisor on things to do with the Cylons and somewhat spiritual. As for 6 she will be resurected eventualy I think Doral just had had enough of her. Roslin will live they won't kill her off the show and commercials showed her in future episodes I hope she gets the Presidency back again.

quazy_qual

[36]Oct 6, 2006
    They called her Sharon Ageathon...

trackstarbuck

[37]Oct 6, 2006
    quazy_qual wrote:
    They called her Sharon Ageathon...

i know! i clapped for that...

123home123

[38]Oct 6, 2006
    • level: 55
    To tell you the truth, I kind of got scared for a bit in "Precipice" because I thought Kara was actually going to kill Kacey herself. Yeah, I really thought that was going to happen. That would have been awful to watch so I'm glad they didn't go down that path.

As for the forum, I was a little worried about how quiet everyone was this week leading up to the season premiere. I thought maybe everyone had left our little corner of the BSG fandom universe. Now it seems that all it took was some new episodes to get people talking again.

WarGrowlmon15

[39]Oct 6, 2006
    123home123 wrote:
    Tigh has really gone off the deep end, but I think his character was key to the whole suicide bomber storyline.

Tigh has gone into a deep, dark place and I don't think he's going to come out whole. The loss of his eye symbolizes that. If and when the people on New Caprica are rescued, how will people react to Tigh? His personal rage has grown into an uncontrolled killing spree on New Caprica and I'm sure some human will later want personal revenge on Tigh for his atrocities. Though I don't agree with Tigh's tactics, I certainly find him the most intriguing character right now. Great job on the part of Michael Hogan and great storyline. He's a cross between a Hamas leader in the West Bank and Captain Ahab from Moby-Dick. He even looks like a beaten down ship captain with the scruffy beard, the eye patch and the wool knit cap.

I think that Tigh is just loosing it. At least Jammer is starting to reedem himself: he freed Cally and seemed to realize what he was doing was wrong and is now trying to help.
    Edited on 10/07/2006 12:29pm

trackstarbuck

[40]Oct 6, 2006
    123home123 wrote:
    To tell you the truth, I kind of got scared for a bit in "Precipice" because I thought Kara was actually going to kill Kacey herself. Yeah, I really thought that was going to happen. That would have been awful to watch so I'm glad they didn't go down that path.

As for the forum, I was a little worried about how quiet everyone was this week leading up to the season premiere. I thought maybe everyone had left our little corner of the BSG fandom universe. Now it seems that all it took was some new episodes to get people talking again.

kara`s wouldn`t do that! she would never HURT a child on purpose!