Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion - "Occupation/Precipice" Ep. 3-1.0/3-1.5 (spoilers)

AprilFox

[81]Oct 7, 2006
    • level: 109

The best season opener by far! Battlestar just keeps bringing it. Makes the other shows look like wannabe's. Acting, writing, directing all brilliant. I also think that Roslin might just be a CYLON. If I were a cylon and saw how much power she had over the people that's what I would do.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MichaelDracon

[82]Oct 7, 2006
    • level: 11
    This series is just getting better and better!

Something I noticed that may be the most important hint yet. Baltar is forced to sign the death list. As soon as he signed the Cylons around him were all in a different position.

My theory: They actually did shoot him and a copy of him signed it.

wedgeantilles54

[83]Oct 7, 2006
    • level: 12

WarGrowlmon15 wrote:
    quazy_qual wrote:
    Obviously Roslin does NOT die. I doubt Tom Zarek dies either.
    I liked the conversation between those two. Zarek acknowledged that she'd be a better President then his canidate and that he'd wished that she'd stolen the election that he'd worked so hard to win. That was really a cool moment when he admited that he wanted Roslin his biggest rival in command.

It shows how much people can change, and how people look back on the past and whish things had come out differently

Formula_50

[84]Oct 7, 2006
    • level: 3

It was a great start. The problem that I had was the naivety of some characters. Jammer basically confessed to Chief and he couldn't figure that out. The Colonel's wife was obviously compromised. She'll spread her legs for a cigarette. It is unfortunate that the cylons knew the rendezvous point because now the insurgents will blame Sharon.

I was expecting Lucy Lawless to overthrow the Cylon council. She is still getting her way slowly, but surely. There was an obnious hint that Lucy's character will fall in love with someone because #6 telling her she hasn't experienced it yet is a future plot turn. I've always suspected Baltar as being #7, but the black guy in the Cylon council threw me off last night. I don't know they are going to explain that since there's supposed to be seven models. The Priest, #6, Sharon, D'Anna, Leoben, Aaron, suspected Baltar, mystery black man.   

123home123

[85]Oct 7, 2006
    • level: 55
    The "mystery" man was Simon, the "doctor" from Caprica in the episode "The Farm." He was the Cylon who was trying to gain Kara's trust when she was in the Cylon baby farm.

They also hinted at his presence on Occupied Caprica in the "Downloaded" episode. Since the actor wasn't available (or they didn't have the budget to bring him back for that episode), a similar-looking man was seen in the background with his face obscured.
    Edited on 10/07/2006 12:13pm
    Edited 2 total times.

123home123

[86]Oct 7, 2006
    • level: 55
    quazy_qual wrote:
    Where is everyone... Don't we usually get like 20 people on here after an episode? Or am I thinking of the Lost board...

The episodes air tonight in Canada so I expect we'll get a lot of posts from our Canadian friends later today.

Rexella

[87]Oct 7, 2006
    • level: 1
    Formula_50 wrote:

It was a great start. The problem that I had was the naivety of some characters. Jammer basically confessed to Chief and he couldn't figure that out. The Colonel's wife was obviously compromised. She'll spread her legs for a cigarette. It is unfortunate that the cylons knew the rendezvous point because now the insurgents will blame Sharon.

I was expecting Lucy Lawless to overthrow the Cylon council. She is still getting her way slowly, but surely. There was an obnious hint that Lucy's character will fall in love with someone because #6 telling her she hasn't experienced it yet is a future plot turn. I've always suspected Baltar as being #7, but the black guy in the Cylon council threw me off last night. I don't know they are going to explain that since there's supposed to be seven models. The Priest, #6, Sharon, D'Anna, Leoben, Aaron, suspected Baltar, mystery black man.

That guy was a copy of the Doctor at the farm who took Starbuck's ovary.

24Titan

[88]Oct 7, 2006
    • level: 13

I question what will happen when Sharon (from Galactica) finds out that her baby is still alive.  I think that that's really going to set her off on Adama and Roslin again.  In a TV Guide interview, Grace Park said that "whn Sharon finds out her baby is alice, some s--- is gonna go down!"

This is a direct quote from her from the October 2-8 issue of TV Guide.  So it may have been a mistake to commission her as an officer.

WarGrowlmon15

[89]Oct 7, 2006
    • level: 8
    Wedo765 wrote:
    WarGrowlmon15 wrote:
    gcswift2 wrote:

Why is it always her using him and not him using her? I mean so what she's a whore; who really cares, but if she is, what is her Frakin' goal in fraking the Enemy. I mean who's side is she on? She could have warned Tigh about the cylon plans they could have set up an ambush? I believe more than before she is a Cylon. There is no other reason for her otherwise. Why is noone else suspicious of her? I understand that Tigh has a blindspot (pun intended) for her, but what about Everyone else?

Ugh they probably thought that she was just a whore and didn't think that she was too harmful their main priorities is something that they should have done long before: killing Baltar.

wow

What's the "wow" for???

WarGrowlmon15

[90]Oct 7, 2006
    gcswift2 wrote:
    WarGrowlmon15 wrote:
    gcswift2 wrote:

Hey I noticed something about that starbuck child.. Its a toddler at least 2yrs old. If it has only been 4 months of occupation how is this child so old. Sharons Baby was born 10-11 months ago, how is this child older?

It's been over a year since the Farm. They said that they got her eggs from that farm so the baby's probably at least a year and a half old maybe even 2 years
    How is that baby older than Boomers? Boomer was pregnant first!!!

Well yes but it is half Cylon so maybe the Cylons somehow excelerated her growth which they never had the chance to do with Hera (Boomer's baby).

WarGrowlmon15

[91]Oct 7, 2006
    wedgeantilles54 wrote:

WarGrowlmon15 wrote:
    quazy_qual wrote:
    I liked the conversation between those two. Zarek acknowledged that she'd be a better President then his canidate and that he'd wished that she'd stolen the election that he'd worked so hard to win. That was really a cool moment when he admited that he wanted Roslin his biggest rival in command.

It shows how much people can change, and how people look back on the past and whish things had come out differently

Yeah or he was just admiting he liked her more than Baltar.

WarGrowlmon15

[92]Oct 7, 2006
    Formula_50 wrote:

I was expecting Lucy Lawless to overthrow the Cylon council. She is still getting her way slowly, but surely. There was an obnious hint that Lucy's character will fall in love with someone because #6 telling her she hasn't experienced it yet is a future plot turn. I've always suspected Baltar as being #7, but the black guy in the Cylon council threw me off last night. I don't know they are going to explain that since there's supposed to be seven models. The Priest, #6, Sharon, D'Anna, Leoben, Aaron, suspected Baltar, mystery black man.   

Oh that's Simon. He was identified in the Farm and he was the one who removed Kara's ovaries: she killed him and the Resistance killed another one of him as she escaped. There's 12 human form Cylon models and I think that they made the Cylon Council up out of the ones we know so that it won't ruin the surprise of who the other 5 are.
    Edited on 10/07/2006 1:37pm

WarGrowlmon15

[93]Oct 7, 2006
    Formula_50 wrote:

Also the Priest's name was Cavil. Tyrol went to him for spiritual advice then identified him as a Cylon (which I had already suspected) when the Cavil from Caprica came and joined the fleet.

briantw

[94]Oct 7, 2006
    Great episode. This show just keeps getting more and more amazing.

ozwitch

[95]Oct 7, 2006
    • level: 2
    missspell wrote:

Kara's human/cylon child, Kacey, was unexpected, though Kara's behavior wasn't. Who could actually go through with hurting or killing a child?

I thought the interesting part of this was that Kara didn't want to turn out like her own mother, who abused and hurt her as a child.
    If so, then it shows that Kara has accepted that the child is in fact her daughter, because you don't feel that kind of guilt and wish to reverse history for a machine. So it was a way of establishing that she accepted that she was a mother, even a mother of something that is not entirely human, the point being that humans can love and defend a hybrid. I'm wondering if that is the experiment Leoben is performing.

serenity1222

[96]Oct 7, 2006
    • level: 2

[QUOTE="ozwitch"]

missspell wrote:
    I'm wondering if that is the experiment Leoben is performing.

I really am not sure about an experiment being performed as much as him having one goal and that is to make Starbuck truely love him and THEN they can try again for another baby like Boomer's was suppose to be.  Love was the sole ingrediant to make it work.  I think that's all Leoben is after with Starbuck.  But if she keeps sticking forks in him.....!

Speaking of the fork scene I found it on youtube today.  It looks like someone is in the progress of downloading the first ep of season three which I think is a no no on youtube but then I looked at the top favorites for the day on that site and saw others doing the same with The Office and Supernatural so I thought....why not BSG?  Might get it some more viewers???  Anyway...for the Uker's it's good cause they don't even have an air date for season three yet i dont think.... Heres the link if you want to check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX47_wAFyhg

guidryp

[97]Oct 7, 2006
    WarGrowlmon15 wrote:
    wedgeantilles54 wrote:

WarGrowlmon15 wrote:
    quazy_qual wrote:

Yeah or he was just admiting he liked her more than Baltar.

Actually I think that was just hindsight, if she had won the election, they wouldn't have be occupied by the Cylons, so NOW he wishes she had pulled it off.

DygitalNinja

[98]Oct 7, 2006
    • level: 11
    Formula_50 wrote:

First Sharon has no business outside of that cage! EVER she is a Cylon and can't be trusted. She's not even the same Cylon that was originally on the fleet (the one that didn't know what she was). I couldn't blame the inurgenes for blaming that on Sharon. She's the enemy she's a frakking toaster that could be playing Adama in a big way it doesn't really matter how useful she's become her Cylon stauts alone should make a pudent leader toss her out an airlock.

There is NO WAY that Baltar is Cylon. If he was , then what was the point of "Caprica Six's" misssion from the miniseies

Six said that 12 humanoid Cylon models exist

Priest, Caprica #6, Sharon, D'Anna, Leoben, Aaron, ,mystery black man...there still alot more people that could turn out to be Cylons

gcswift2

[99]Oct 8, 2006
    • level: 9

DygitalNinja wrote:
    . There is NO WAY that Baltar is Cylon. If he was , then what was the point of "Caprica Six's" misssion from the miniseies Six said that 12 humanoid Cylon models exist Priest, Caprica #6, Sharon, D'Anna, Leoben, Aaron, ,mystery black man...there still alot more people that could turn out to be Cylons

Actually if he was a sleeper like Sharon, Six may have been there to guide him.

Also you forgot Duck is a cylon. Remember he told the D'Anna Cylon "I'll see you soon". Was I the only one who caught that?

Does it matter if a bunch of Cylons "die" in an attack? This is the problem with the suicide attacks they can kill all they want the'll make more. On the other hand however the Humans die and are gone for good. So in a sense all Tigh is doing is making his own forces weaker while the Cylon force doesn't change. Yeah its annoying for the cylons to go off and regenerate but, they'll just come back, so why is it they feel this overwhelming need to retaliate or stop these attacks? Most of them wanted to just start killing off the humans anyway, so why not let the humans do it for them. Eventually as Civol (Priest) said "They will reduce their numbers to something more manageable"; all by themselves.

Edited on 10/07/2006 11:58pm