Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion - "Occupation/Precipice" Ep. 3-1.0/3-1.5 (spoilers)

  • Avatar of misha_rocks

    misha_rocks

    [101]Oct 8, 2006
    • member since: 05/27/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 26
    does anyone know how the ratings were?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 123home123

    123home123

    [102]Oct 8, 2006
    • member since: 05/24/02
    • level: 55
    • rank: Bounty Dog
    • posts: 11,760
    The ratings info should be out in a couple days.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GuyV23

    GuyV23

    [103]Oct 8, 2006
    • member since: 11/26/05
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 32
    DygitalNinja wrote:
    First Sharon has no business outside of that cage! EVER she is a Cylon and can't be trusted. She's not even the same Cylon that was originally on the fleet (the one that didn't know what she was). I couldn't blame the inurgenes for blaming that on Sharon. She's the enemy she's a frakking toaster that could be playing Adama in a big way it doesn't really matter how useful she's become her Cylon stauts alone should make a pudent leader toss her out an airlock. There is NO WAY that Baltar is Cylon. If he was , then what was the point of "Caprica Six's" misssion from the miniseies Six said that 12 humanoid Cylon models exist Priest, Caprica #6, Sharon, D'Anna, Leoben, Aaron, ,mystery black man...there still alot more people that could turn out to be Cylons



    What a way to start a season. Great Episode(s) BSG is Better than ever. Also what you say maybe true but then why would she go through all that hell to prove that she is trustworthy knowing that they didn't believe any of the things she did as a benevolent act only as self-preservation? Only to betray them not a smart move.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ozwitch

    ozwitch

    [104]Oct 8, 2006
    • member since: 07/13/06
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 86
    gcswift2 wrote:

    Also you forgot Duck is a cylon. Remember he told the D'Anna Cylon "I'll see you soon". Was I the only one who caught that?


    Actually I think he said "I'll see you soon, Nora." So he was making a pact with his dead wife.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of WarGrowlmon15

    WarGrowlmon15

    [105]Oct 8, 2006
    • member since: 06/22/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 902
    gcswift2 wrote:

    DygitalNinja wrote:
    . There is NO WAY that Baltar is Cylon. If he was , then what was the point of "Caprica Six's" misssion from the miniseies Six said that 12 humanoid Cylon models exist Priest, Caprica #6, Sharon, D'Anna, Leoben, Aaron, ,mystery black man...there still alot more people that could turn out to be Cylons

    Actually if he was a sleeper like Sharon, Six may have been there to guide him.

    Also you forgot Duck is a cylon. Remember he told the D'Anna Cylon "I'll see you soon". Was I the only one who caught that?

    Does it matter if a bunch of Cylons "die" in an attack? This is the problem with the suicide attacks they can kill all they want the'll make more. On the other hand however the Humans die and are gone for good. So in a sense all Tigh is doing is making his own forces weaker while the Cylon force doesn't change. Yeah its annoying for the cylons to go off and regenerate but, they'll just come back, so why is it they feel this overwhelming need to retaliate or stop these attacks? Most of them wanted to just start killing off the humans anyway, so why not let the humans do it for them. Eventually as Civol (Priest) said "They will reduce their numbers to something more manageable"; all by themselves.


    No he said "I'll see you soon Nora" Nora was his dead wife killed in an attack on the Temple in the Web Series: it's why he joined the Secret Police.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of WarGrowlmon15

    WarGrowlmon15

    [106]Oct 8, 2006
    • member since: 06/22/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 902
    [QUOTE="serenity1222"]

    ozwitch wrote:
    missspell wrote:
    I'm wondering if that is the experiment Leoben is performing.

    I really am not sure about an experiment being performed as much as him having one goal and that is to make Starbuck truely love him and THEN they can try again for another baby like Boomer's was suppose to be.  Love was the sole ingrediant to make it work.  I think that's all Leoben is after with Starbuck.  But if she keeps sticking forks in him.....!

    Speaking of the fork scene I found it on youtube today.  It looks like someone is in the progress of downloading the first ep of season three which I think is a no no on youtube but then I looked at the top favorites for the day on that site and saw others doing the same with The Office and Supernatural so I thought....why not BSG?  Might get it some more viewers???  Anyway...for the Uker's it's good cause they don't even have an air date for season three yet i dont think.... Heres the link if you want to check it out

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX47_wAFyhg

     

    Yeah that was a pretty cool scene. I was wondering why she didn't just run away afterwards instead of eating dinner but I guess she must've been locked in with no way out.
    Edited on 10/08/2006 12:02pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of WarGrowlmon15

    WarGrowlmon15

    [107]Oct 8, 2006
    • member since: 06/22/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 902
    guidryp wrote:
    WarGrowlmon15 wrote:
    wedgeantilles54 wrote:

    WarGrowlmon15 wrote:
    quazy_qual wrote:
    Obviously Roslin does NOT die. I doubt Tom Zarek dies either.
    I liked the conversation between those two. Zarek acknowledged that she'd be a better President then his canidate and that he'd wished that she'd stolen the election that he'd worked so hard to win. That was really a cool moment when he admited that he wanted Roslin his biggest rival in command.

    It shows how much people can change, and how people look back on the past and whish things had come out differently


    Yeah or he was just admiting he liked her more than Baltar.




    Actually I think that was just hindsight, if she had won the election, they wouldn't have be occupied by the Cylons, so NOW he wishes she had pulled it off.

    Hell they never would have settled there if she'd won that was his idea that he gave to Baltar so it is sort of his fault also.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of WarGrowlmon15

    WarGrowlmon15

    [108]Oct 8, 2006
    • member since: 06/22/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 902
    DygitalNinja wrote:
    Formula_50 wrote:

    It was a great start. The problem that I had was the naivety of some characters. Jammer basically confessed to Chief and he couldn't figure that out. The Colonel's wife was obviously compromised. She'll spread her legs for a cigarette. It is unfortunate that the cylons knew the rendezvous point because now the insurgents will blame Sharon.

    I was expecting Lucy Lawless to overthrow the Cylon council. She is still getting her way slowly, but surely. There was an obnious hint that Lucy's character will fall in love with someone because #6 telling her she hasn't experienced it yet is a future plot turn. I've always suspected Baltar as being #7, but the black guy in the Cylon council threw me off last night. I don't know they are going to explain that since there's supposed to be seven models. The Priest, #6, Sharon, D'Anna, Leoben, Aaron, suspected Baltar, mystery black man.   



    First Sharon has no business outside of that cage! EVER she is a Cylon and can't be trusted. She's not even the same Cylon that was originally on the fleet (the one that didn't know what she was). I couldn't blame the inurgenes for blaming that on Sharon. She's the enemy she's a frakking toaster that could be playing Adama in a big way it doesn't really matter how useful she's become her Cylon stauts alone should make a pudent leader toss her out an airlock.

    There is NO WAY that Baltar is Cylon. If he was , then what was the point of "Caprica Six's" misssion from the miniseies

    Six said that 12 humanoid Cylon models exist

    Priest, Caprica #6, Sharon, D'Anna, Leoben, Aaron, ,mystery black man...there still alot more people that could turn out to be Cylons

    Well while I do agree with you about the Baltar thing I don't agree about Sharon. She has proven herself trustworth saving the fleet several times and helping the rescue team get back to Caprica. As for the known Cylons their names are in the order you put them in: Cavil (the Priest), Sharon, D'Anna Biers, Leoben, Aaron Doral, and Simon. Simon's identity is not a mystery we've encountered him before. In the Farm he was Kara's doctor the one who removed her ovary and she killed that one of him because she got suspisous. As she broke out she ran into another Simon which proved her suspisons and the Resistance killed him as well moments later.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of WarGrowlmon15

    WarGrowlmon15

    [109]Oct 8, 2006
    • member since: 06/22/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 902
    gcswift2 wrote:

    DygitalNinja wrote:
    . There is NO WAY that Baltar is Cylon. If he was , then what was the point of "Caprica Six's" misssion from the miniseies Six said that 12 humanoid Cylon models exist Priest, Caprica #6, Sharon, D'Anna, Leoben, Aaron, ,mystery black man...there still alot more people that could turn out to be Cylons

    Actually if he was a sleeper like Sharon, Six may have been there to guide him.

    Also you forgot Duck is a cylon. Remember he told the D'Anna Cylon "I'll see you soon". Was I the only one who caught that?

    Does it matter if a bunch of Cylons "die" in an attack? This is the problem with the suicide attacks they can kill all they want the'll make more. On the other hand however the Humans die and are gone for good. So in a sense all Tigh is doing is making his own forces weaker while the Cylon force doesn't change. Yeah its annoying for the cylons to go off and regenerate but, they'll just come back, so why is it they feel this overwhelming need to retaliate or stop these attacks? Most of them wanted to just start killing off the humans anyway, so why not let the humans do it for them. Eventually as Civol (Priest) said "They will reduce their numbers to something more manageable"; all by themselves.


    He didn't tell D'Anna he'd see her soon he said it to his dead wife Nora. As for the bomb it was to target Baltar as well as all of those people bu Baltar decided not to go at the last moment and they didn't get the message until it was too late if they got it at all.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of WarGrowlmon15

    WarGrowlmon15

    [110]Oct 8, 2006
    • member since: 06/22/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 902
    gcswift2 wrote:

    DygitalNinja wrote:
    . There is NO WAY that Baltar is Cylon. If he was , then what was the point of "Caprica Six's" misssion from the miniseies Six said that 12 humanoid Cylon models exist Priest, Caprica #6, Sharon, D'Anna, Leoben, Aaron, ,mystery black man...there still alot more people that could turn out to be Cylons

    Actually if he was a sleeper like Sharon, Six may have been there to guide him.

    Also you forgot Duck is a cylon. Remember he told the D'Anna Cylon "I'll see you soon". Was I the only one who caught that?

    Does it matter if a bunch of Cylons "die" in an attack? This is the problem with the suicide attacks they can kill all they want the'll make more. On the other hand however the Humans die and are gone for good. So in a sense all Tigh is doing is making his own forces weaker while the Cylon force doesn't change. Yeah its annoying for the cylons to go off and regenerate but, they'll just come back, so why is it they feel this overwhelming need to retaliate or stop these attacks? Most of them wanted to just start killing off the humans anyway, so why not let the humans do it for them. Eventually as Civol (Priest) said "They will reduce their numbers to something more manageable"; all by themselves.

    He didn't tell D'Anna he'd see her soon he said it to his dead wife Nora. As for the bomb it was to target Baltar as well as all of those people but Baltar decided not to go at the last moment and they didn't get the message until it was too late if they got it at all.  And it's Cavol not Civol.
    Edited on 10/08/2006 1:47pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bradleybradley

    bradleybradley

    [111]Oct 8, 2006
    • member since: 05/26/03
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 6
    Who else thought this episode and the next seemed more like a holocaust movie then a sci fi show, I felt myself trying to figure out more what the film makers were trying to say then what was happening in the show, I mean clearly they are commenting on the war on terror and the things that are happening in iraq but they are also are commenting on things that the nazis did to the jewish people now that's all well and good and putting the humans in the roll of iraqi insurgents is a good twist and I felt myself actually more on the side of people who wanted to work with the cylons because the human response was just way over the top instead of trying to work out a way to live together they are only interested in fighting which I think is a bad choice considering there numbers and there situation. and I feel that the best netrual points or the people who seem to have there heads on are the cylons like boomer that want to live with the humans and the rest of the cylons are more like nazis and the humans are more like mulism fenatics

    Now me being canadian I don't feel directly offended but it does raise my eyebrow to them comparing americans with nazis because in one scene they will show people getting thrown in jail and talking about torture which is direct comentary on what is happening in iraq but then in another scene they are talking about publicly executing people. now what I'm trying to figure out is are they saying that the war on terror needs to be careful because that is what it could lead to? or are they making direct comparision between the two? which I see as unfair because the two are so drasticly far apart.

    What it seems like here is there can be no happy medium seeing as both sides are so entrenched in there views which also is a comment on society
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GuyV23

    GuyV23

    [113]Oct 8, 2006
    • member since: 11/26/05
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 32
    bradleybradley wrote:
    Who else thought this episode and the next seemed more like a holocaust movie then a sci fi show, I felt myself trying to figure out more what the film makers were trying to say then what was happening in the show, I mean clearly they are commenting on the war on terror and the things that are happening in iraq but they are also are commenting on things that the nazis did to the jewish people now that's all well and good and putting the humans in the roll of iraqi insurgents is a good twist and I felt myself actually more on the side of people who wanted to work with the cylons because the human response was just way over the top instead of trying to work out a way to live together they are only interested in fighting which I think is a bad choice considering there numbers and there situation. and I feel that the best netrual points or the people who seem to have there heads on are the cylons like boomer that want to live with the humans and the rest of the cylons are more like nazis and the humans are more like mulism fenatics

    Now me being canadian I don't feel directly offended but it does raise my eyebrow to them comparing americans with nazis because in one scene they will show people getting thrown in jail and talking about torture which is direct comentary on what is happening in iraq but then in another scene they are talking about publicly executing people. now what I'm trying to figure out is are they saying that the war on terror needs to be careful because that is what it could lead to? or are they making direct comparision between the two? which I see as unfair because the two are so drasticly far apart.

    What it seems like here is there can be no happy medium seeing as both sides are so entrenched in there views which also is a comment on society




    In this season the show is concentrating more on what ethical and moral boundaries we shouldn't cross in time or war. The Nazi killed hundreds of thousands of people but we dropped the A-Bomb on Japan killing an chance of having habitable life in that region. After 9/11 we bombed the hell out of Afghanistan and now Iraq given they hit us first but does that make us out to be any more righteous doing the same to them but worse.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mini2z

    mini2z

    [114]Oct 8, 2006
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 835
    123 you were right, us Canadian fans are starting to pop in and HOLY FRAK. I had to send my dd out of the room a couple of times because of the sex scenes.

    Ok, so is Apolalo the same person? He looks like CRAP as a fat guy.

    Is the Dr. guy with Kara a Cylon but not in the group of them for the major meetings?

    So what happened in the prequels that Sci-Fi aired that we didn't get in Canada?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 123home123

    123home123

    [115]Oct 8, 2006
    • member since: 05/24/02
    • level: 55
    • rank: Bounty Dog
    • posts: 11,760
    Hi mini. Yeah, the show is definitely not for kids. Some scenes like the rape scene in "Pegasus" might be very traumatic for children.

    Fat Apollo is definitely a little strange. Hopefully he'll remember the way to the gym soon and we won't have to look at Mr. Couch Potato any longer.

    Leoben Conoy, the Cylon holding Kara captive, is a Cylon who's made appearances in a few previous episodes (the miniseries, "Flesh and Bone" from Season 1).

    As for the prequels, if you're talking about the Web series, I've written a recap of all 10 parts. It's in the episode guide at the end of Season 2 listed under Battlestar Galactica: The Resistance (Web series) or you can just click on the link.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RedXian

    RedXian

    [116]Oct 8, 2006
    • member since: 10/27/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 56

    There is one thing I try to remember when watching TV shows.  If we didn't see it happen then it's not likeky what it seems.

    When I saw Kasey limp on the steps in a small pool of her blood.  The natural assumption is that she fell down the steps.   Then I thought about the mechanics of a little girl like that falling down the staris.  I have a feeling that it was no accident and the Cylon (can't remember is name) purposely injured her to get that response out of Kara.  It's much more chilling to think that this Cylon purposely injured his own child just to form a bond with it's mother.

    I have this image in my head of that Cylon smashing the childs head on the steps.  I hate my overactive imagination.

    Edited on 10/08/2006 4:50pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AnimateZoe32

    AnimateZoe32

    [117]Oct 8, 2006
    • member since: 05/22/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 53
    RedXian wrote:

    There is one thing I try to remember when watching TV shows.  If we didn't see it happen then it's not likeky what it seems.

    When I saw Kasey limp on the steps in a small pool of her blood.  The natural assumption is that she fell down the steps.   Then I thought about the mechanics of a little girl like that falling down the staris.  I have a feeling that it was no accident and the Cylon (can't remember is name) purposely injured her to get that response out of Kara.  It's much more chilling to think that this Cylon purposely injured his own child just to form a bond with it's mother.

    I have this image in my head of that Cylon smashing the childs head on the steps.  I hate my overactive imagination.

    See, what I can't get is the way her body was positioned. Did they want us to think she fell up the stairs or what? Why I say that is because if she fell down the stairs wouldn't there be more blood or wouldn't there be more of a...err...splatter?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tim_Bronx

    Tim_Bronx

    [118]Oct 8, 2006
    • member since: 06/25/06
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 37

    Loved the episode, but I just have one question that's been lurking in my mind for some time...

    Does the Sharon on Galactica at the moment have "Boomer"'s memories?  She acts like she does, but the Sharon that got shot on Galactica by Callie is on New Caprica.  So how is it possible that two Shannon's have the memories of one?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Celestra9

    Celestra9

    [119]Oct 9, 2006
    • member since: 12/14/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 193
    AnimateZoe32 wrote:
    RedXian wrote:

    There is one thing I try to remember when watching TV shows. If we didn't see it happen then it's not likeky what it seems.

    When I saw Kasey limp on the steps in a small pool of her blood. The natural assumption is that she fell down the steps. Then I thought about the mechanics of a little girl like that falling down the staris. I have a feeling that it was no accident and the Cylon (can't remember is name) purposely injured her to get that response out of Kara. It's much more chilling to think that this Cylon purposely injured his own child just to form a bond with it's mother.

    I have this image in my head of that Cylon smashing the childs head on the steps. I hate my overactive imagination.

    See, what I can't get is the way her body was positioned. Did they want us to think she fell up the stairs or what? Why I say that is because if she fell down the stairs wouldn't there be more blood or wouldn't there be more of a...err...splatter?



    Totally agree, it was definitely a set up. Whether Leoben did it or not, it was orchestrated to make Kara feel something for her. And I don't think she is her child anyway, that's another set up for some unknown reason at this point.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Writer2000

    Writer2000

    [120]Oct 9, 2006
    • member since: 08/27/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 428
    I'm a new BSG fan. I didn't have cable until early September, but I really wanted to see BSG, so I bought the first season on DVD with a gift card from WallMart that I got at my senior high school prom, and I absolutely loved it. I bought the 2.O. DVD set immediately after I finished watching season 1. I became extremely addicted to this show, and I was worried that I wouldn't get to see season 3 until it came out on DVD, but luckily my brother said that he wanted to get cable. My dad, my brother and I decided to get cable and we split the bill. When we decided to do that, I told him that I would chip in for the cable as long as we got the SciFi channel so I could watch BSG. I'm glad that we have cable now, because from the looks of things, season three is going to be awesome. I thought that the season premiere was really, really good. Part of what got me interested in BSG (2003) is the fact that Ronald Moore is the executive producer for the show, and I am also a huge Star Trek fan. Ronald Moore is doing an excellent job with BSG. I have to say that I like BSG a lot more than Star Trek. Thank god BSG is on DVD, because otherwise I might not have discovered the show and gotten so into it.

    As for who dies, I know it's not Roslin, and I hope that Roslin is never killed off. She's one of my most favorite characters. Before I go, can anyone tell me how many episodes there will be for season 3? I would greatly appreciate any information that anyone may have regarding this question. Now that I will be able to watch the show on the SciFi channel every week. I'm going to try to start joining the discussion on the BSG forum every week. This is my first post for the BSG forum.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.