Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion - "Occupation/Precipice" Ep. 3-1.0/3-1.5 (spoilers)

vinsfins

[121]Oct 9, 2006
    • level: 11
    I refuse to believe that Kara has been indoctrinated over the appearance and injury to her daughter!!!!!!! I sincerely hope that she's just lulling Leoben by playing complacent until she can escape the hospital, which is easier to escape from then the prison that she was in! And so help me, is she becomes indoctrinated, I will stop watching the show!!! (I say this half-heartily, cause I won't actually stop watching the show)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

123home123

[122]Oct 9, 2006
    • level: 55
    Writer2000, welcome to the BSG forum. There will be 20 episodes this season, if you count the 2-hr. premiere as 2 separate episodes.

Writer2000

[123]Oct 9, 2006
    • level: 17
    123home123 wrote:
    Writer2000, welcome to the BSG forum. There will be 20 episodes this season, if you count the 2-hr. premiere as 2 separate episodes.

Thanks for the information. I really appreciate your help. I thought that the third season was going to be 20 episodes, but I wasn't sure. I'm really looking forward to coming back to the BSG forum because I've always found the discussions about the show to be very interesting.

WarGrowlmon15

[124]Oct 9, 2006
    • level: 8
    mini2z wrote:
    123 you were right, us Canadian fans are starting to pop in and HOLY FRAK. I had to send my dd out of the room a couple of times because of the sex scenes.

Ok, so is Apolalo the same person? He looks like CRAP as a fat guy.

Is the Dr. guy with Kara a Cylon but not in the group of them for the major meetings?

So what happened in the prequels that Sci-Fi aired that we didn't get in Canada?

Yeah that guy is Leoben Conroy he was identified as a Cylon in the Miniseries the first Human-Form Cylon identified and he's not a doctor.

WarGrowlmon15

[125]Oct 9, 2006
    RedXian wrote:

There is one thing I try to remember when watching TV shows.  If we didn't see it happen then it's not likeky what it seems.

When I saw Kasey limp on the steps in a small pool of her blood.  The natural assumption is that she fell down the steps.   Then I thought about the mechanics of a little girl like that falling down the staris.  I have a feeling that it was no accident and the Cylon (can't remember is name) purposely injured her to get that response out of Kara.  It's much more chilling to think that this Cylon purposely injured his own child just to form a bond with it's mother.

I have this image in my head of that Cylon smashing the childs head on the steps.  I hate my overactive imagination.

Actually I think she either fell down the stairs or just fell and hit her head at the bottom of the stairs from the position she was in.

WarGrowlmon15

[126]Oct 9, 2006
    vinsfins wrote:
    I refuse to believe that Kara has been indoctrinated over the appearance and injury to her daughter!!!!!!! I sincerely hope that she's just lulling Leoben by playing complacent until she can escape the hospital, which is easier to escape from then the prison that she was in! And so help me, is she becomes indoctrinated, I will stop watching the show!!! (I say this half-heartily, cause I won't actually stop watching the show)

I think her motherly instinct just kicked in when she saw her daughter hurt.

garinungkadol

[128]Oct 9, 2006
    • level: 3
    An intense start to season 3 and I love the direction BSG is heading.

Given the age of Kasey, I don't think she's really Kara's daughter. The suggestion that maybe Kasey is another Cylon model doesn't make sense - what use is a kid Cylon? I think she's just a human kid that Leoben has had waiting in the wings to make Kara accept and love him.

But I don't think it's going to work - I don't buy Kara holding Leoben's hand in the hospital - it could be her ruse to make him think she trusts him.

I know people are slagging off Ellen Tigh but she did what she did for her love of Saul - She sleeps with Cavill in order to get Tigh out of detention and then again when Cavill threatens to take more than Tigh's eye she gives him the information on the meet with Galactica crew and the resistance.

The person I'm so disappointed with is Lee - what the frak happened to him? I don't get why he's so quick to abandon the people of New Caprica when previously he would have been fighting tooth and nail to do something. Is it the pressure of command? Is he afraid of failure that he would rather turn tail and run?

I have a question regarding Gaeta. We all know that he's the informant but no one knows who he is - the discussion between him and Tyrol made me what to shake Tyrol and scream "He's on your side idiot!!" But when Gaeta's running to the drop point and he leaves the note that Baltar won't be at the graduation - who is the person who sees the note?

It's definately not the Chief because he sure as hell would have stopped Duck from going through with the bombing. My feeling is that Tigh found the note but didn't share - knowing how loopy he's become he definately wanted the bombing to push through. If it is Tigh I hope that once everyone is on Galactica he'll do the right thing by Gaeta so that poor Gaeta won't be "strung up".

123home123

[129]Oct 10, 2006
    • level: 55
    The ratings are out for Friday's double episode premiere. It averaged a 1.8 rating, or about 2.2 million viewers. This is a slight increase (2%) from the 2nd half of last season. Moderately good news, although a bigger increase would have been better.

Keep on telling your friends about the show and hopefully the numbers will increase even more for the next episode.
    Edited on 10/10/2006 4:01am

RizNYC

[130]Oct 10, 2006
    • level: 5
    It's ridiculous that Starbuck woudl rub Leoben's hand. COme on. That was just sad. She would never do that.

DrLar

[131]Oct 10, 2006
    • level: 10
    OMG I absolutely loved the premiere! Lots of things changed, lots of new plots, I like the Starbuck new hair she looks so sweet but she's the same dangerous Starbuck ever (killing the same cylon over and over).

The fat Apollo just cracked me up! ROFLMAO! I guess the pressure of "you are weak" will make him at least workout or not pig out.

Is Six still in love with Baltar? nice! She has sure stopped the other cylons from murdering Baltar, but no more scenes between them? mmmmm.

So I think the baby is farmed, took Kara's ovary, grew it up in a tube or something and place it back fully born with her, I still wonder is that he's fully human or not. If hybrid this will be the second hybrind baby out there.

I can't wait for more episodes! bring them on!

Nethicus

[133]Oct 10, 2006
    • level: 6
    123home123:

Where do you get the ratings info for Battlestar? Is it a PD site, or something on the inside?

Rexella

[134]Oct 10, 2006
    • level: 1
    garinungkadol wrote:
    An intense start to season 3 and I love the direction BSG is heading.

Given the age of Kasey, I don't think she's really Kara's daughter. The suggestion that maybe Kasey is another Cylon model doesn't make sense - what use is a kid Cylon? I think she's just a human kid that Leoben has had waiting in the wings to make Kara accept and love him.

But I don't think it's going to work - I don't buy Kara holding Leoben's hand in the hospital - it could be her ruse to make him think she trusts him.

I know people are slagging off Ellen Tigh but she did what she did for her love of Saul - She sleeps with Cavill in order to get Tigh out of detention and then again when Cavill threatens to take more than Tigh's eye she gives him the information on the meet with Galactica crew and the resistance.

The person I'm so disappointed with is Lee - what the frak happened to him? I don't get why he's so quick to abandon the people of New Caprica when previously he would have been fighting tooth and nail to do something. Is it the pressure of command? Is he afraid of failure that he would rather turn tail and run?

I have a question regarding Gaeta. We all know that he's the informant but no one knows who he is - the discussion between him and Tyrol made me what to shake Tyrol and scream "He's on your side idiot!!" But when Gaeta's running to the drop point and he leaves the note that Baltar won't be at the graduation - who is the person who sees the note?

It's definately not the Chief because he sure as hell would have stopped Duck from going through with the bombing. My feeling is that Tigh found the note but didn't share - knowing how loopy he's become he definately wanted the bombing to push through. If it is Tigh I hope that once everyone is on Galactica he'll do the right thing by Gaeta so that poor Gaeta won't be "strung up".

The Chief does pick up the notes, but only after the bowl has been turned over. When he checked the bowl it was unturned, thus he didn't check the toolbox next to the create. Geata did not know he was too late, so he turned the bowl over and left the note. I assume he went back and got it, or that someone checked it later, but they don't show us the recovery or receipt of the note by humans. I hope the cylons didn't get that; it would futher damage Geata's already tenuous position. Baltar and Number Six clearly suspect him as a spy, or they wouldn't have made that scene so damn tense. While no one seems to know the source of the leak in the President's office (i.e. Geata) right now, it will come out soon, I think. While I want him to have the recognition he deserves, it seems more likely that he'll either disappear to a Cylon detention center or be publically executed by the Cylons as a spy. Also likely, and worse in so many ways, he could be killed by the resistance using their recently displayed inhuman tactics. Someone said this already (sorry, after reading 7 pages of posts I don't remember who!) but I echo the sentiment wholeheartedly: why should the Cylons do anything when they can just sit back and let the humans kill each other off?

WarGrowlmon15

[135]Oct 11, 2006
    DrLar wrote:
    OMG I absolutely loved the premiere! Lots of things changed, lots of new plots, I like the Starbuck new hair she looks so sweet but she's the same dangerous Starbuck ever (killing the same cylon over and over).

The fat Apollo just cracked me up! ROFLMAO! I guess the pressure of "you are weak" will make him at least workout or not pig out.

Is Six still in love with Baltar? nice! She has sure stopped the other cylons from murdering Baltar, but no more scenes between them? mmmmm.

So I think the baby is farmed, took Kara's ovary, grew it up in a tube or something and place it back fully born with her, I still wonder is that he's fully human or not. If hybrid this will be the second hybrind baby out there.

I can't wait for more episodes! bring them on!

I agree.

StelingMB

[136]Oct 11, 2006
    • level: 5
    RizNYC wrote:
    It's ridiculous that Starbuck woudl rub Leoben's hand. COme on. That was just sad. She would never do that.

I agree that was pretty hard to take! I'm working hard to have an open mind about that part of the storyline to date!

In general this episode was incredibly frusterating, but generally that leads to some kind of satisfying release; specially with BSG!

Tigh and Ellen's relationship is quite fascinating. I can't help wondring about their history, how did they hook up and what do they see in each other? That sorta thing...

And well, I think Lee is finally showing his true colours. I knew there was a good reason I never quite liked him...spoiled brat!

FTPiDont

[137]Oct 11, 2006
    I greatly enjoyed the premiering episodes. I have one major issue though. The suicide bombing was a hard political jab. It doesn't offend me that someone justifies suicide for the greater good, and it doesn't offend me that people feel that a person blowing themselves up to kill innocent men, women, and children is an acceptable act, although it repulses me.

I just feel that no matter how rational or emotional the feeling toward an issue such as suicide bombings are, the forum to voice your opinion is NOT a show. The argument between Tai and the Ex-President was not neccesary for the outcome of the show, wether or not the suicide attack took place. The circumstances in Battlestar in which a suicide attack took place is in no way similiar to the suicide attacks that take place in our real times. I feel that someones opinions on the matter can be blogged. Please, leave political arguments at the door when writing our TV shows. Thank You.

Pedroff

[138]Oct 12, 2006
    Wow, just wow, that was brilliant writing for a sci-fi show, kudos to the writers, I thought it was extremely good and it kept me intrigued all the way.

WarGrowlmon15

[139]Oct 14, 2006
    StelingMB wrote:
    RizNYC wrote:

I agree that was pretty hard to take! I'm working hard to have an open mind about that part of the storyline to date!

In general this episode was incredibly frusterating, but generally that leads to some kind of satisfying release; specially with BSG!

Tigh and Ellen's relationship is quite fascinating. I can't help wondring about their history, how did they hook up and what do they see in each other? That sorta thing...

And well, I think Lee is finally showing his true colours. I knew there was a good reason I never quite liked him...spoiled brat!

Good point.

WarGrowlmon15

[140]Oct 14, 2006
    FTPiDont wrote:
    I greatly enjoyed the premiering episodes. I have one major issue though. The suicide bombing was a hard political jab. It doesn't offend me that someone justifies suicide for the greater good, and it doesn't offend me that people feel that a person blowing themselves up to kill innocent men, women, and children is an acceptable act, although it repulses me.

I just feel that no matter how rational or emotional the feeling toward an issue such as suicide bombings are, the forum to voice your opinion is NOT a show. The argument between Tai and the Ex-President was not neccesary for the outcome of the show, wether or not the suicide attack took place. The circumstances in Battlestar in which a suicide attack took place is in no way similiar to the suicide attacks that take place in our real times. I feel that someones opinions on the matter can be blogged. Please, leave political arguments at the door when writing our TV shows. Thank You.

Mmmm.