Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion - "Revelations" (U.S. air date 6/13/08) (spoilers)

How would you rate this episode?

123home123

[1]Jun 8, 2008
    • level: 55
    Since this will probably be the last episode this year, I decided to start up the discussion thread early. Many BSG insiders have stated that the mid-season finale would provide some jaw-dropping moments. Since I've been avoiding spoilers (and even the on-air promos), I have no idea what those surprises are. Nor do I want to know until the episode actually airs.

Sci Fi Channel will be showing a preview of the episode on Friday at the official scifi.com website. The live streams begin each hour from 9 am to 4 pm ET. I don't know if the preview is only a 10-min. excerpt like the previews last week or whether Sci Fi is showing the entire episode online again.

[UPDATE: The entire episode will be available on the scifi.com website this Friday. Live streams begin each hour from 9 am to 4 pm ET. The streaming video will only be available to U.S. residents, however.]

If anyone watches the preview (whether it's only an excerpt or the entire episode), please refrain from posting any significant spoilers on this thread and forum until after the episode airs on the Sci Fi Channel. You can post general impressions before that time.

I think this season has been a success so far. There were a couple lulls along the way but we've also had more outstanding episodes than we've had since the 1st half of Season 3. Among my favorites from the season are "He That Believeth in Me," "The Ties That Bind," "Faith," "Guess What's Coming to Dinner?" and "The Hub." In addition to the creative success of the season, the audience has returned, with more people tuning in for Season 4 than for the 2nd half of Season 3.

After the spring episodes end, BSG won't go away completely, nor will this forum go into hibernation. I'm not so sure a Rewatch thread series will work. We tried that last year and interest died out after a couple weeks. Maybe I'll re-pin threads for some of the most important episodes from time to time. We'll also be on the lookout for news about the rumored BSG TV movies that may (or may not) be filmed this summer. The Caprica TV movie is scheduled to air later this year. I'm also going to resume work on my online BSG novel. Hopefully a few of you will have time to read it.

We'll also post news about the 2009 schedule as soon as it becomes available. Keep on the lookout and stick around the forum during the summer. I think it helps to show the broad level of interest in the show when BSG keeps showing up on the Top Ten list of most popular shows on TV.com. TV.com itself has gained more publicity in the past year. Entertainment Weekly named it one of the 10 best TV-related websites in their 2007 year-end edition. And then CBS Corp. announced its intention to pay $1.8 billion for all outstanding shares of CNET, the parent company of TV.com. CNET includes many other websites, including the main CNET website and News.com, but since CBS is primarily a television company, it seems obvious that TV.com's prominence was a significant reason for the CBS purchase offer.

So keeping BSG on TV.com's Top Ten list can provide one more signal to NBC Universal executives that there is a lot of interest in the show, enough interest to justify the production of BSG television movies. Battlestar Galactica: Razor reportedly did very well, with the DVD sales making it a profitable side-project for the franchise. I think this bodes well for more BSG TV movies. Some of the cast may not be available but I don't think that's a deal-breaker. Not all of the primary cast members were included in Razor and most regular episodes leave out some of the main stars and/or recurring stars. All they need are a core group of actors for each of the possible TV movies. They can also sign on new actors for roles like Kendra Shaw as needed. (If they ever need another extra to play one of the journalists in the scenes on Colonial One, I'm available. )

So just one more week to go before the first half of the final season of Battlestar Galactica comes to a close. It's a little sad to consider, but it's not over just yet. I expect we'll have quite a few posts here next weekend.

P.S. I changed the options in the poll this week. It's pretty clear that we have a regular troll who marks every single episode "Bad" and who also votes the same way on the guide. Thus, the last choice is now titled "Other."
    Edited on 06/12/2008 4:47am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

h00plah

[2]Jun 8, 2008
    • level: 10
    I seriously cannot wait for this episode to air. From the promo, it shows that so much is going to happen during the entire episode. Tons of things are due to be revealed. Is this episode a standard length one? Or is it a two-hour Spring/Summer Finale?

MrBovineOrdure

[3]Jun 8, 2008
    • level: 6

This is going to be tough on me. I'll be at a wedding this Friday. Also picking up my mother from there to take to my place so she can have an easier trip to our annual beach vacation. Won't have time to watch this one till Sunday.

She's a fan too, but only sees the episodes when we're togeather. That means, I'll have to show the 2 prior episodes before watching this one.

Gonna be murder on me!

Mr BO

123home123

[4]Jun 8, 2008
    According to the Sci Fi Schedulebot, this will be a standard 1-hour episode.

h00plah

[5]Jun 8, 2008
    Damn, that sucks 123home123. Well, atleast we get one more episode before the extremely long break occurs.

123home123

[6]Jun 8, 2008
    BSG is no. 1 today on the TV.com Top Ten list again. I've also received far more submissions for the guide than I normally do. Hopefully we can continue to keep interest in BSG high throughout the summer.

Normally I don't have a problem with waiting for the Friday broadcasts but I'm a little impatient to see what is going to happen in the mid-season finale. Still five days away.

h00plah

[7]Jun 9, 2008
    Yeah, people are going to have to be kept busy during the break, or there will be a large loss of viewers, which will not be good for the show at all. It has just started to get good, and from the promo I saw after last weeks episode, the mid-seasson finale looks action packed, and it seems that tons will be revealed in as little as 44 minutes.

Hungry_Homer111

[8]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 26
    I can't wait for this one. I've just recenly caught up with the series, and then I found out that it was going to end with this season. But this one should be great, since not only is it going to be a mid-season finale (possibly a 2-part episode that continues after the show comes back), but starting to pull everything together for what is sure to be a great second half of the season.

h00plah

[9]Jun 10, 2008

Homer, I'm actually hoping that it's not a two parter, and instead the story is wrapped up for this one segment of the series, and another is opened up. You know what I mean? But, knowing galactica, it won't happen. There's always been a terrible cliff hanger after each season.

***SPOILER***

The above spoiler is nothing major, just: if you haven't watched the first three seasons, I recommend you don't look at the above spoiler.

Edited on 06/10/2008 5:13am

sheli20

[10]Jun 10, 2008
    • level: 8
    I can't wait any longer!!!!
    And I don't know how I'm going to handle a 6 month wait (or more) after this episode!!!!!!

zukiki

[11]Jun 10, 2008
    h00plah wrote:

Homer, I'm actually hoping that it's not a two parter, and instead the story is wrapped up for this one segment of the series, and another is opened up. You know what I mean? But, knowing galactica, it won't happen. There's always been a terrible cliff hanger after each season.

If I remeber correctly, a few months ago RDM was quoted as saying that this episode would end in a huge cliff hanger. And frankly it wouldn't be BSG if it wasn't.

h00plah

[12]Jun 10, 2008
    zukiki wrote:
    h00plah wrote:

If I remeber correctly, a few months ago RDM was quoted as saying that this episode would end in a huge cliff hanger. And frankly it wouldn't be BSG if it wasn't.

Yeah, Knowing Battlestar Galactica, the season's going to go in to a break with a huge bang.

123home123

[13]Jun 12, 2008
    I've verified that the entire episode will be shown on the scifi.com website this Friday. Live streams start each hour between 9 am and 4 pm ET. The streaming video will only be available to U.S. residents.

If you choose to watch the live streams, please avoid posting any major spoilers on this thread and forum until after the episode airs on the Sci Fi Channel later that night (at 10-11 pm ET). Thanks.

ekleven

[14]Jun 12, 2008
    • level: 3
    The Hub episode was out this time last week, now it looks like I have to wait until tomorrow. Is this because this weeks episode is not aired earlier in Britain, and the hub episode was?

h00plah

[15]Jun 12, 2008
    123home123 wrote:
    I've verified that the entire episode will be shown on the scifi.com website this Friday. Live streams start each hour between 9 am and 4 pm ET. The streaming video will only be available to U.S. residents.

If you choose to watch the live streams, please avoid posting any major spoilers on this thread and forum until after the episode airs on the Sci Fi Channel later that night (at 10-11 pm ET). Thanks.

Wow, really? I wish I was a US citizen then. I would much rather watch the episode an hour ahead then have to wait an extra hour. Especially for such a promising looking episode. Any chance that this same offering will come on spacecast.com for Canadians?

Idbeolderifiwas

[16]Jun 12, 2008
    • level: 20
    h00plah wrote:
    123home123 wrote:

Wow, really? I wish I was a US citizen then. I would much rather watch the episode an hour ahead then have to wait an extra hour. Especially for such a promising looking episode. Any chance that this same offering will come on spacecast.com for Canadians?

Absolutely not. Space woudn't be able to get their act together in time to make it work.

peprmpati

[19]Jun 13, 2008
    Holy FRACK!!! That was the best episode yet. My dog is trying to pick up my mouth as I type.

copygeek

[20]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 13

peprmpati wrote:
    Holy FRACK!!! That was the best episode yet. My dog is trying to pick up my mouth as I type.

Maybe it's because I watched the previews for the episode, but I was sort of let down by this episode. Without giving the plot away I can only say that the pacing of the episode seemed a tad slow to me, and I just didn't feel like the "cliffhanger" was really a cliffhanger.

It feels like the series just ended. I'm concerned that people who aren't obsessed enough about the show to check out message boards will think that BSG did just end and won't return for the second half of the season.