TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion - "Revelations" (U.S. air date 6/13/08) (spoilers)

How would you rate this episode?

alllstarz

[21]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 4

I agree with you copy on how it may seem the series just ended.

I felt it wasn't so much a cliffhanger (unlike crossroads part 2) or as good but had it moments.

It almost felt as it was rushed ( im trying not to do any spoliers) but overall great epsiodes sure as frack

beats some of the lesser episodes Cough *3-4-5* Cough but at the same time

leaves you with mixed emotions you cry, laugh, stunned, surprised, and overall leaves you with the

impressions of amazment.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

luvnumbah6

[22]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 6
    WoW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was an awsome episode.... and I agree it felt like it just ended not really a cliffhanger. Nontheless was probably the best episode of the first half along with "Faith", "The Hub", and "Guess What..." If the series did end with this episode.... I have to say I'd be amazed, shocked, and all other emotions I can't type.... Cannot wait untill the last 10

alllstarz

[23]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 4

I do not think I'd be to impressed if it did end on this note;

becuase there are way to many unanswered questions that if a show did leave on this note;

the fans would be in uproar.

h00plah

[24]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 10
    Aw, man. I really can't wait to see this episode tonight. It sounds so ... epic.

psychickiller

[25]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 9
    Argh... I want to watch it already. Too bad I live on the other side of the globe

palpatine19

[26]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 5
    Can we start a discussion thread for those of us who did watch the live stream?...and mark SPOILER ALL OVER IT??, as i am dyeing to have a chat about it

nottynotme

[27]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 3

This thread is marked spoilers, and there are spoilers in this message. I watched the webcast a couple times on Friday. They do a good job with this, full 1.85 widescreen when outputed to 42". Resolution on webcast is 640x360 700kbs bitrate about vhs quality. No stuttering. This episode will still be more enjoyable in High Definition. Ok overall this episode is great, but I am left wanting more. There is no seemingly life or death cliffhanger but there is something more than meets the eye on earth. I can't help but get the feeling that episodes and episode previews are getting a little twisted. When you watch this episode you can spot the teaser points from the preview the week before. I personally don't always watch the preview and after this week I am going to stop. Things pretty much happen different than what they purport in the preview. In this episode it is driven home just how "human" Admiral Adama is, brought right to the emotional edge. Tory is a Biatch, she's got issues. There is a great Kara moment where she discovers her hubby and friend are cylons. Her overreaction with her body language and huge eyes are priceless. So you are left strangely forfulled, but we don't know who the "final" is yet, and closely watch the reactions of the ship In CIC the celebrating, then their emotions once on the planet. Not one smile, the mood is dark. It is like early morning on some ocean coast and their appears to be ruins and or wreckage they might all be looking at something even more grimn? Adama throws down earth after a radiation check? You guys like me will eat this one up and its gonna be a long 7 months. Mack *

Oh Yeah, I am so focused on events the last two episodes, I almost forgot about the rest of the newly mortal "bad" cylons. I would have to think they might be hot on our trail.

Edited on 06/13/2008 3:58pm
    Edited 3 total times.

guyroy1971

[28]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 12

SPOILER

I watched the episode online and it was great, but other than the mystery of who the final cyclon is, the last two episodes really felt like the end of the series. This might have been the emergency end point people were talking about because of the writer's strike. It was a really great episode, but I am wondering what is left to answer other than the last cyclon. Last episode Balter admitted his part in the cyclon attack (finally) Adama and Roslyn admitted they loved each other, and they found what they think is you know what...lol, and the final four admitted what they are, what is there left I wonder?

MistaC87

[29]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 18

ok here i go on a rant

***SPOILER***

Hungry_Homer111

[30]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 26
    Since we're not supposed to post anything big about the episode, I'll try to keep this as vague as possible while posting my opinions about what happened.

I thought that it was a very good episode, which kind of felt like what most shows would have for a series finale, but left it open for the second half of the season. And by "left it open," I really mean that. I have no idea what they're going to do with the rest of the series after that episode, besides, of course, answering a few of the questions that are still left open. That ending was not what I was expecting at all. It was like a cliff-hanger without being a cliff-hanger. The show could take any direction from here on out, and they didn't even give the slightest hint of what that direction might be.

But overall, it was a good episode, with some very good moments throughout, even if it wasn't what I had expected from a mid-season finale which is supposed to be setting up for the second half of the season.

mateo82p

[32]Jun 13, 2008
    One of the things BG does poorly is create expectations. It happens frequently but tonight is a good example. The "big reveal" of course being that Earth kind of sucks. Except they never created an expectation that it wouldn't. I guess they assumed the audience would expect a thriving planet. Like today but more technologically advanced. Personally, I never expected this at all. I would have probably been more surprised if it were a thriving planet. But the show doesn't do a good job of creating expectations so the "big reveal" was a bit of a let-down for me personally.

Tsanii

[33]Jun 13, 2008
    That was kinda a 'WTF' ending.

h00plah

[34]Jun 13, 2008

This [episode] was simply amazing.

Best episode of the season, one of my all time favorites episodes in the entire series. I'm simply ... speechless after watching the episode. I mean, it would have been twice as better if I would have avoided going in to this thread and watching the promos, but still. It was simply amazing.

So Kara Thrace isn't the final cylon. Neither is anybody else in the fleet, which means that the final cylon is either dead, or on earth. The final scene of this episode was the one that sent shivers down my spine and my jaw was dropped. Is the planet radioactive? That would really, really suck if it actually were.

But seriously: January 09' until the rest of the series continues? That's simply way too long. I have no idea where the show is headed right now, but things are getting so dark, imagine how shocking the series finale is going to be. There are so many questions that have been left unanswered.

Simply amazing.

[Editor's note: Off-topic sections removed from this post because of the extended off-topic discussion on this thread.]
    Edited on 06/14/2008 8:40pm

danharr

[35]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 45
    Well that was a great episode the tension with how the standoff would be resolved was more than enough action. Adama's reaction to his best friend being the "enemy" was his best turn this season. It was nice that for once Balthars words didn't make everybody melt D'anna still did her own thing. The question of whether it would be a pre-civilization Earth, present or future was answered beautifully and now I'm left wondering what now. You have two opposing culture facing a planet where humanity left unchecked destroyed itself or since apparently they landed in New York is all of humanity dead? That's the cliffhanger and the best of the series imo great job.

mateo82p

[36]Jun 13, 2008

h00plah wrote:
    But seriously: January 09' until the rest of the series continues? That's simply way too long. I have no idea where the show is headed right now, but things are getting so dark, imagine how shocking the series finale is going to be. There are so many questions that have been left unanswered.

Yeah, I agree with that. Saying that this is the final season doesn't really mean anything of seasons don't have time constraints. For all practically purposes this was season 4 and next year is season 5. Episode count is meaningless. This was not the final season. Next year is.

parallax207

[37]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 15

That final scene would make an awesome poster with all of the important characters walking around on the desolate ground. It reminded me of one of the Sopranos' teaser posters.

Femvamp

[39]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 11

OK who killed earth?

Idbeolderifiwas

[40]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 20
    Ok wow, one of the best episodes of BSG ever IMO as so many things were answered, yet we are still left wondering what the frak happens next. I was freaking out at the beginning of the episode because my satellite signal went down right at 7 PM and I missed the first 11 minutes or so, but I caught up and the rest of the episode was incredible. One thing I've noticed that people haven't mentioned yet, is that the "Harbinger of Death" plot may have been subtly revealed this episode. She has led them to their end because they probably wont be able to survive for long on Earth. From what they show, it looks like many of the natural resources have been used up already to build cities and such, and the dirt may be irradiated and not able to grow anything, although that hasn't been clarified just yet. I was expecting them to reveal the final Cylon this episode, but finding Earth is a worthy substitute to tide us over. Now we have the grueling task of waiting for who knows how long, all the while speculating on who is the final cylon, and what the hell are they going to do on Earth. BTW, was anyone else trying to find out who the final cylon was by their reactions to finding Earth? The final 4 were shown as not to extatic, and I was trying to look and see who else wasn't too excited about it. Hot Dog looked kind of ho-hum about the whole thing but I don't think he's the one, as it would kind of be a let down if it turned out to be him.