Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion - "Revelations" (U.S. air date 6/13/08) (spoilers)

How would you rate this episode?

mateo82p

[41]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 9

danharr wrote:
    Well that was a great episode the tension with how the standoff would be resolved was more than enough action. Adama's reaction to his best friend being the "enemy" was his best turn this season.

Yeah, I didn't really get that. I can understand that he would be upset that his best friend is a cylon. I get that. But he acted like they could no longer be friends. Like his friend was dead. I never get how they can be so accepting of Athena, to the point where you forget that she's a cylon until someone mentions it, but when they discover someone else on the fleet is a cylon they have the same reaction as when they first learned about Boomer.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

maxmouse2099ad

[42]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 4
    Oddly enough I saw the end coming. However I thought the colonials would witness the destruction of Earth. Of course is it in the future or the past is the question. Well done all around!

flyinsquirrel92

[43]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 9

I thought the episode was totally amazing, especially the last 10 minutes. I was extremely disappointed that the final cylon wasn't revealed (I've been waiting for it all week) but I was still completely amazed. I loved Lee really having to step up and make a decision without constantly questioning himself. Personally, I thought the end had a huge cliffhanger. I mean, the entire show has been about finding Earth and they finally do, but now what? They've spent years searching for a place they envisioned as a paradise and arrive only to discover that it's anything but. Furthermore, they still have to deal with the enemy cylons, the friendly cylons, finding living inhabitants on Earth, the inevitable death of their leader, and the revelation of the final cylon.

2009 is too far away. Give me more nowwwww......

Canada_Champ

[44]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 14
    Bah, Earth is fine, the crew just accidentally landed in L.A.

But seriously, what the hell were they all expecting? Were the Colonials expecting to see a giant button that says "Push to kill Cylons"?

Femvamp

[45]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 11

One of the most interesting things for me is that they found Earth before the final cylon. What is the identity of the Final Cylon a bigger revelation then the fact that humans can SO kill earth. It's all happened before ya know.

Loved this episode. Loved Evil Tory. I think I'm her biggest fan. Loved Saul Tigh. Loved the other final fivers.

Run! Starbuck Run!

Loved everything about the episode.

Now I have to wait unti.....2009? Frak!

Polar_lord

[46]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 1

They did the contrast at the ending pretty well. Can anyone say wow, how did this thread predict the outcome of earth so well - http://www.tv.com/battlestar-galactica-2003/show/23557/when-they-eventually-find-earth./topic/11046-555092/msgs.html?page=0

Hoeech

[47]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 66
    As soon as I saw the fleet approaching Earth, the first thing that went through my mind was "Why are there no orbiting satellites?" and "How can such a huge number of ships just appear in the sky and no nation is reacting?". They were either arriving during the time of the dinosaurs or post World War 3. Since Kara spent only a few hours (according to her) in her viper, yet months went by on Galactica, some degree of time manipulation must be in play. Since we still have half a season left in January 2009, I'm going to make the safe bet that the human fleet and the Cylons are not going to spend their time duking it out over a burned out ball of radioactive dirt.

Canada_Champ

[48]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 14
    So what the hell are they gonna do now for the next 10 episodes? I think the race will change from "Where is Earth" to "When is Earth and how can we get back in time to when the 13th Tribe can help us".

higdon95

[49]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 1

That was a great episode. Although I will say I'm surprised to see so many people hate on the slower episodes of the show. I don't usually do the whole forum thing, but I'm seeing all people want is action. To me it's the slower episodes that act as the meat of the show, I love them all. They really have done a fantasic job with this entire show.

However why are the Cylons in such a dire need of earth? Obviously the humans are looking for a home, but the Cylons have a home. They took Caprica. Is all of this just to fullfill they're religous curiosity? It seems like they want it a little too much. Or maybe I'm just missing something.

Hoeech

[50]Jun 13, 2008
    Femvamp wrote:

OK who killed earth?

We still don't know what the militant Cylons were up to during this D'Anna / Galactica standoff. They could have been shadowing everything that was going on and struck Earth before the human fleet got there. The fifth Cylon could still be anyone and could have fed them the information they needed to strike at the last human colony. They may have figured out how to use the time distortion in the nebula that Starbuck flew through to get to Earth before the human fleet did. We may have done it to ourselves. The possibilities are far too numerous to start speculating. Have faith that the writers of this show know exactly where this is going and how it will end. There are still 10 episodes (and maybe a few movies) left before this wraps up for good.

Gentoo

[51]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 3

I had to come to this message board to see that the show indeed is not over. My friend and I watching it were both VERY disapointed thinking the show had ended and ended very badly, wihtout explaining a LOT. We were pretty pissed before seeing this notice board and that the show isn't really over. But we thought it was, and I will guarantee you we were not alone. Many fans will tune out now I think and have a sour taste in the mouth and maybe not want to watch the rest of the series.

Yes, its that bad a "cliffhanger". They could have at least put "To Be Continued..." at the end so you'd realize the show isn't over. Where I'm at there was no "Next time on Battlestar Galacitca..." either.

As for the ending, I expected something similar. I actually more expected earthlings though to be around and say something like "Who are you? What do you want? Go away!" and then a fight to start between earth and galactica

Edited on 06/13/2008 8:32pm

Vincent2013

[52]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 7

Okay I liked th episode as a whole but the ending for me was a drag, thats what happens when they build speculation about the final cylon and then dont show them. It was a letdown, but Im sure that when I watch the episode again I will love it.

Did anyone notice that D,Anna said the the fifth was not with the fleet, it could only mean that they were on the baseship already, and I think its Baltar for the simple fact that every time D,'Anna sees him her eyes light up. Oh and was the six on earth Caprica Six, and what will Baltar do when he finds out that she is pregnant with Sauls baby, Well at least my fall shows will tide me over until it returns.

Hoeech

[53]Jun 13, 2008
    higdon95 wrote:

That was a great episode. Although I will say I'm surprised to see so many people hate on the slower episodes of the show. I don't usually do the whole forum thing, but I'm seeing all people want is action. To me it's the slower episodes that act as the meat of the show, I love them all. They really have done a fantasic job with this entire show.

However why are the Cylons in such a dire need of earth? Obviously the humans are looking for a home, but the Cylons have a home. They took Caprica. Is all of this just to fullfill they're religous curiosity? It seems like they want it a little too much. Or maybe I'm just missing something.

I wouldn't say that the fans want nothing but action, but they do get frustrated at times when the storyline seems to meander and not really go anywhere. As for the Cylons looking for Earth, almost everything they do is to fulfill religious obligation. They started trying to breed with humans since they could not conceive naturally. They wiped out the human colonies because they believed in the many Gods instead of the one God (they've since come to the conclusion that this was a bad idea but they're stuck with the consequences of that act now). They started a civil war amongst themselves based on disagreements on how to proceed based on their interpretations of religious doctrines (sound familiar).
    Edited on 06/13/2008 8:54pm

ISpeakTheTruth

[55]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 33
    Wow so much to go over so little time... I'd like to say that I loved this episodes even though it did have its slow points but my favorite part had to be between Adama and Tigh. It was sort of painful to see Bill try so hard to convince himself that Saul couldn't be a cylon and then when he accepted it it nearly killed him. I knew that when it finally came out it would hurt Bill but man it was a painful scene to watch him go from angry, drinking, heart break all in a few moments.

And wow again the ending of the episode isn't what I thought but then again if it was there wouldn't be much left to do. And if the way each character was arranged in that final shot it would seem that Caprica Six may actually want to be with Tigh because she went to him instead of Baltar.

starwolf99

[56]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 12
    All you needed was Adama screaming: "YOU BLEW IT UP! YOU MANIACS!!! DARN YOU!!! DARN YOU ALL TO HECK!!!

123home123

[57]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 55
    Gentoo wrote:
    Many fans will tune out now I think and have a sour taste in the mouth and maybe not want to watch the rest of the series.

Actually, at the end of the episode there was a promo for the last half of the season along with the words "COMING SOON." I think that would be a clear sign that the series wasn't over.

For long-time viewers, note that they used the words "COMING SOON" instead of "COMING IN 2009." At the end of Season 3 in March 2007, they showed a promo for Season 4 with the words "COMING IN 2008." Could this mean that we won't actually have to wait until 2009? I don't know. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Onto the episode itself: This was a completely messed-up episode, but I mean that in a completely positive way. This was messed up the way that "Crossroads, Part 2" was messed up. Well, maybe I should say that it messed with my brain (or frakked with my brain). I was in complete awe during those final 10 minutes, from the time that Lee and D'Anna shook hands to the moment they reached Earth, to the final scene.

I think that scene confirmed that the fleet has arrived in our future. Ancient human societies did not use steel girders for construction. We saw a twisted grid of steel beams among the wreckage on the planet's surface.

It is interesting that despite showing the fleet landing on Earth, there are still so many dramatic possibilities for the last 10 episodes. Cavil and his base ships are still out there in space, on the hunt for D'Anna and the rebel Cylons. (True, the "leader" Cavil was killed by D'Anna and he probably didn't have time to revive before the hub was destroyed, but maybe not. The hub was still operational for at least a few minutes after he was killed. Could we see that specific Cavil again?) The Final Cylon is still unknown. Will the alliance between the Colonials and D'Anna (who seems to have taken command of the rebel Cylons) last? What happens on Earth? Do they stay there? Or do they leave?

Lee's speech was very telling. He was the first to say that the mantra of "all this has happened before and will happen again" is not necessarily true all the time. He said that they aren't trapped by a predetermined outcome. Was that just bluster? An attempt to motivate the fleet? Or does he really believe in that sentiment?

I really thought they were going to kill off Tigh for a few moments there. Maybe Tigh would get airlocked and Kara would storm into the control room a few seconds too late. In hindsight, that would have taken the focus off of the discovery of Earth. The death of a major character would have detracted from the main story of the episode, which was the alliance with D'Anna and the discovery of Earth.

I'll have to watch this one again a few more times. Besides, it's not like there's a new episode coming up next week anyway. This episode brought the first half of Season 4 to a mind-boggling close. The Final Four were revealed to the humans and despite their close call, they have now been granted "pardons," even though they never participated in the Cylon attack on the homeworlds. All of those Sixes and Eights are now mixed in with the fleet. That will make life even stranger for Helo... and for Athena. Baltar might get confused too, although I suspect that he might be happy for the opportunity to sleep with dozens of different Six copies.

A final note: Did you notice that none of the Head entities appeared in this episode? Is that significant? Or were they left out merely because there wasn't enough time to fit them into the broadcast hour (44-45 min. actual episode time)?
    Edited on 06/14/2008 8:36pm
    Edited 2 total times.

ISpeakTheTruth

[58]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 33
    Actualy it would be more like this: "You blew it up! You maniacs! Gods damn you! Gods damn you all to Hades!"

brain05

[59]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 15
    Gentoo wrote:

I had to come to this message board to see that the show indeed is not over. My friend and I watching it were both VERY disapointed thinking the show had ended and ended very badly, wihtout explaining a LOT. We were pretty pissed before seeing this notice board and that the show isn't really over. But we thought it was, and I will guarantee you we were not alone. Many fans will tune out now I think and have a sour taste in the mouth and maybe not want to watch the rest of the series.

Yes, its that bad a "cliffhanger". They could have at least put "To Be Continued..." at the end so you'd realize the show isn't over. Where I'm at there was no "Next time on Battlestar Galacitca..." either.

As for the ending, I expected something similar. I actually more expected earthlings though to be around and say something like "Who are you? What do you want? Go away!" and then a fight to start between earth and galactica

But they showed a fraking preview for the next season after the episode ended. What more do they really need to do for people to understand that this wasn't the ending of the whole show? Do they really need to plaster "TO BE CONTINUED" onto it at the end for people to understand? The whole season has been one continued episode after another and they didn't need to plaster that on the screen for people to understand it in any of those episodes. I really doubt that any real fan of the show will think this is the complete ending and then get bitter and quit watching and never find out the show is coming back at some point in the next 7 months.

I thought it was a great cliffhanger. I was not expecting that at all and personally I thought it was really ballsy of them to do that. I'm just really confused right now, but in a good way. We're supposed to not know what the frak is going on.

hazelnut144

[60]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 8

So I'm pretty sure that my jaw is dislocated at the moment...

As everyone else is saying, WOW. The last ten minutes were absolutely intense. During the final ad break, me and my friend were talking, and he was saying "I think they are going to find Earth..." and I was saying that they couldn't possibly find Earth in 15 minutes. But I was wrong. And Earth seems to be post-apocalyptic? Why do I have a feeling that it probably won't be quite that simple? Also the way that the whole cheering scene was done was beautiful.

Roslin walking in and just touching Adama's arm, and him getting back into his uniform was amazingly acted. Pretty much all of EJO's scenes were amazing in this episode. His reaction to Tigh being a cylon was pretty heart wrenching. I had wondered if he had any idea, but I guess not.

I was sure that Lee was going to hit the airlock button just before Kara ran in. It would have been interesting, and they haven't killed anyone off since Pike. I

loved how Tory went over right away. It's consistent with how she was last time we saw her. Laura and Baltar's reactions were amazing, especially Baltar insisting that he knew all along.

The look on Kara's face when Sam admitted to being a cylon? Amazing. I bet she was having flashbacks to the conversation in "He That Believeth in Me". I know I was.

Lee's speech, as always, was great. I am really starting to like this character change a lot more now that he gets to make a nice speech every few weeks.

A lot to look forward to next season; what happened with the 13th tribe, how is the human/cylon alliance going to work out, what about the ones, fours, and fives? What about Boomer? What about the opera house, and Hera, and maybe Nicky and CapriSaul child? How did Kara get to Earth? Who is the final cylon? What are the head people? I really hope that 123Home123 isn't being overly optimistic and that maybe we DON'T have to wait until 2009.

Edited on 06/13/2008 9:31pm