Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion - S4 Webisodes: The Face of the Enemy (12/12/08) (spoilers)

123home123

[21]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 55
    I think the allied Cylons only have one base ship. The list in the flashback included names of individuals. Maybe it's people who die in some kind of accident or attack. Maybe it's people that Gaeta remembers from the past.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MichaudMR

[22]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 17
    Right now I'm leaning towards the thought that they've discovered Earth in the middle of a nuclear winter. There is no point to landing the fleet on a desolate, radioactive, ball of rock, locked in perpetual winter, so the chase goes on. Only this time humanity doesn't have the hope of finding salvation. Wow - bleak

psychickiller

[23]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 9
    The webisode only makes me more eager for season 4.5 to begin. What happened over the last three days? Did most of the major characters stay on Earth? If so, why the fleet isn't orbiting Earth? And how did the Cylons once again found their location?

I'm glad the kiss between Gaeta and Hoshi was such a small issue (Sounded much bigger from the previews). I don't think Athena is one of the 8's aboard the Raptor.

US outsiders (like me) can watch the webisode on YouTube.

MrBovineOrdure

[24]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 6

I wonder about why the Cylon fleet is still chasing them. There's no hope of ressurection. Though their base stars outnumber the Galactica, previous encounters should show them that our Battlestar can inflict heavy (Now PERMANENT) casualties. Plus, unless they went ahead with lobotomizing the raiders, they won't have any close fighter support. Have they all turned into Captian Ahabs? (Funny that a fella named Starbuck was his first mate)

Things are still tense with the rebel cylons, but it's good to see they're still accepted among the crew. I wonder if the "Sharon" model accompaning Athena was Boomer?

Mr BO

hazelnut144

[25]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 8
    I was watching it again, and I didn't see any indication that one of the eights was specifically Athena. One of them looked to be wearing the cylon pilot outfit (the all black), but from what I can tell they could just be any two random eights.

martymcflyjb

[26]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 10

Considering the press release says he's trapped with a "group of strangers", I would think that the 8's are random and not Athena or Boomer. But maybe that was just the OP's wording.

As far as Gaeta's condition, I assumed he was just being a workaholic after coming off his time in sick bay or whatever they call it on Galactica.

123home123

[27]Dec 13, 2008
    I thought one of the Sharons was wearing the Colonial flight suit. I doubt a regular Number Eight would be issued such a uniform. But maybe I need to check that again.

martymcflyjb

[28]Dec 13, 2008
    Maybe it is Athena then. Hopefully not Boomer too though. I would hope any extensive "confrontation" between them would be saved for the actual show.

MrBovineOrdure

[29]Dec 13, 2008

You're right, she was wearing a Cylon black-suit. My mistake.

A little frame by frame observation;

Raptor near something gassious

Felix's Face is bloodied

Timer at 21:33 (Jump timer?)

Unwrapping of a sheet of paper

Names on a sheet of paper, none recognizable

Needle-nose plyers

Cutting into the hand like Sharon did to insert the Fiber optic cable

Tweezers on the floor?

8 in black suit welding something in the raptor

Injection into a neck

8's neck sliced

8 kissing someone. Not gaetta or another sharon

Lee Adama grimmacing at Tigh?

Bloody hands

One interesting thing. Tigh is still acting as XO 6 days after discovery of earth. Observing that Gaetta is seeing ghosts on the dradis and to take a break. Booze it up. The one guy who's a genius at spotting cylons and making jumps is now unavailable. How soon will it be before someone said Tigh planned it that way. Sort of fits in the general paranoia of the show...

Mr BO

Edited on 12/14/2008 5:26am

hazelnut144

[30]Dec 13, 2008
    I thought that the one not in the civvy clothes was wearing one of those all black cylon flight suits...

martymcflyjb

[31]Dec 13, 2008
    Another specific not mentioned is that it appeared they had the wrong jump coordinates and jumped to a different place from the rest of the fleet.

123home123

[32]Dec 13, 2008
    123home123 wrote:
    I thought one of the Sharons was wearing the Colonial flight suit. I doubt a regular Number Eight would be issued such a uniform. But maybe I need to check that again.

Yeah, she wasn't wearing a Colonial flight suit. It was the all-black flight suit so it probably wasn't Athena.

sheli20

[33]Dec 14, 2008

123home123 wrote:
    It's not clear whether Tigh or the others even know what is down there on Earth. I don't think we're going to see Adama, Roslin or most of the other main cast members in the Web series.

Tigh was down on the planet with Roslin and Adama as far as I remember, so he definitely knows what happened to earth

123home123

[34]Dec 14, 2008
    I guess I need to rewatch the Season 4.0 episodes again.

psychickiller

[35]Dec 14, 2008
    123home123 wrote:
    I guess I need to rewatch the Season 4.0 episodes again.

How could you forget? Shame on you. It was so shocking I watched the final scene like 4 times in a row (Ahem... Rewindable TV? ).

AndreasOS

[36]Dec 14, 2008
    Folks, I need assistance. I got into BSG in 2005 when I was working in Oregon. Now, as the series nears it's climax, it feels like fans outside of the US (I'm currently in Switzerland) are being, well, but left out of the loop. It's really quite frustrating. So basically, does anyone know where I can watch these webisodes from outside the States?

123home123

[37]Dec 14, 2008
    You're probably out of luck, unfortunately. I don't see why NBC Universal doesn't work out an arrangement with broadcasters and official websites in the UK, Canada and other TV markets so that fans worldwide can get legal access to the Webisodes.

When does Season 4.5 start in Europe?

AndreasOS

[38]Dec 14, 2008
    123home123 wrote:
    You're probably out of luck, unfortunately. I don't see why NBC Universal doesn't work out an arrangement with broadcasters and official websites in the UK, Canada and other TV markets so that fans worldwide can get legal access to the Webisodes.

When does Season 4.5 start in Europe?

Not sure. I think it starts on Sky in the UK fairly close to the US airdate though. The UK did get the first season before SciFi aired it, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was within a day or two.

psychickiller

[39]Dec 15, 2008
    AndreasOS wrote:
    Folks, I need assistance. I got into BSG in 2005 when I was working in Oregon. Now, as the series nears it's climax, it feels like fans outside of the US (I'm currently in Switzerland) are being, well, but left out of the loop. It's really quite frustrating. So basically, does anyone know where I can watch these webisodes from outside the States?

You should look for them on YouTube.

For the first webisode:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlvx4LD6lgA

ebony_kunoichi

[40]Dec 15, 2008
    • level: 13

OMG! GAETA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O.k. i'm over here so excited i'm about to frakking explode!!! ...3...2....1....BOOM!

Alright, i'm o.k. now. I just watched both webisodes and there were great and I cannot wait till the 17th for the next one. I also have a spoiler, but I dont know how to do the spoiler thingie that everyone does.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

When the 8 was asking if Gaeta recognizers her I know why. PM me if you wanna know. Its just too juicy to ruin it for some of you.

This convinces me even more that Gaeta should be a serious candidate for the final cylon, but I still think it's my girl D. Poor Felix looked so haggard and worn, but is that because he is addicted to the meds or is he using the meds to sleep or to stay awake? The kiss with his new BF was sweet and not a biggie. I hope the new BF doesnt eat it in the webisodes. what a waste that would be. Maybe Gaeta goes crazy or he has to kill the others? I dont know, but I dont want sweet Felix to be made out as some nutjob villian.