Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion - S4 Webisodes: The Face of the Enemy (12/12/08) (spoilers)

psychickiller

[41]Dec 15, 2008
    • level: 9
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:

OMG! GAETA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O.k. i'm over here so excited i'm about to frakking explode!!! ...3...2....1....BOOM!

Alright, i'm o.k. now. I just watched both webisodes and there were great and I cannot wait till the 17th for the next one. I also have a spoiler, but I dont know how to do the spoiler thingie that everyone does.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

When the 8 was asking if Gaeta recognizers her I know why. PM me if you wanna know. Its just too juicy to ruin it for some of you.

This convinces me even more that Gaeta should be a serious candidate for the final cylon, but I still think it's my girl D. Poor Felix looked so haggard and worn, but is that because he is addicted to the meds or is he using the meds to sleep or to stay awake? The kiss with his new BF was sweet and not a biggie. I hope the new BF doesnt eat it in the webisodes. what a waste that would be. Maybe Gaeta goes crazy or he has to kill the others? I dont know, but I dont want sweet Felix to be made out as some nutjob villian.

If you want to put a spoiler, just write *spoiler* and */spoiler* (Replace the * with brackets) and write what you want in between.

I have to say the webisodes are looking pretty good so far. I just wonder how can people start dying on that tiny Raptor and no one knows why.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

123home123

[42]Dec 16, 2008
    • level: 55
    I completely forgot about the new Webisode. I'll have to go over to scifi.com and check it out.

Lei_K

[43]Dec 17, 2008
    • level: 11
    Does anyone know around what time sci fi puts the new webisodes up on there website? I haven't been checking till around 23:00 the day they're set to air.

MrBovineOrdure

[44]Dec 17, 2008
    • level: 6

I thought it would be around noon on the day of each release.

More on the first webisode. I mentioned the counter. I don't think it's a jump clock, as the second webisode showed, that's how many minutes of exygen that's left in the raptor. Gaetta seems to be the last one concious, bloodied, and using his last 23 minutes to write down the following (as clearly as I can see it on my laptop..)

Blue

Roe

Hichcock

Kim, Phillip

Mahm G2-ping 1524-043

Ehle, Zohef 2432-036

Mayoth Shauns 0456-532

Blue, Steven 3449-943

Fish, Stacy 1967-037

Rox, Lioythe 0133-429

There are likely typos. As I said, paused little screen and Gaetta's handwriting (which is better than my chicken-scratch) Still intriguing. Wonder what that list means?

Also in the 2nd webisode, it's apparant that both 8s are pretty agitated about Cavil's fleet finding them. This infers there are Cavil models left and they're chasing them. Do you think that the Cavils know that 4 of the final 5 have been discovered. Do they care? They still seem to me to be acting the role of Captian Ahab.

Mr BO

ebony_kunoichi

[45]Dec 17, 2008
    • level: 13

Didnt Gaeta have a list or something when they were on New Caprica? Is that the list of resistance fighters?

MrBovineOrdure

[46]Dec 17, 2008

The third webisode seems to infer that. It doesn't seem that way to me though. Why would Gaetta spend the last minutes of his life recording that info on paper?

Then again, we're shown that the 8 that recognizes Gaetta was the same one that handed him a list on New Caprica. Gaetta was able to get most of his information just from his proximity to Baltar's office. I would have assumed at this point, rebel leaders, those on a death-list, would have been gotten from there without the benefit of some clandestine relationship with a Cylon.

Why would an 8 on New Caprica be handing any kind of information to this human? Could it be they recognized Baltar as an ineffectual leader and some among the Cylon community were grooming Gaetta for the position or recognized in him something that would improve the chances of their mission? That list, whatever it is could be (and most probably is) something else.

Is that Boomer?

I just love the speculation!

Mr BO

AndreasOS

[47]Dec 17, 2008
    MrBovineOrdure wrote:

The third webisode seems to infer that. It doesn't seem that way to me though. Why would Gaetta spend the last minutes of his life recording that info on paper?

Then again, we're shown that the 8 that recognizes Gaetta was the same one that handed him a list on New Caprica. Gaetta was able to get most of his information just from his proximity to Baltar's office. I would have assumed at this point, rebel leaders, those on a death-list, would have been gotten from there without the benefit of some clandestine relationship with a Cylon.

Why would an 8 on New Caprica be handing any kind of information to this human? Could it be they recognized Baltar as an ineffectual leader and some among the Cylon community were grooming Gaetta for the position or recognized in him something that would improve the chances of their mission? That list, whatever it is could be (and most probably is) something else.

Is that Boomer?

Mr BO

Ok, pardon me folks. I haven't seen the 3rd webisode, but from the second,
    ***SPOILER***

I guess I should just watch the episode when it comes on youtube....

sheli20

[48]Dec 18, 2008
    • level: 8
    MrBovineOrdure wrote:

Is that Boomer?

Mr BO

I don't
    I want to see a full episode and understand what the frak is going on.

UnionLords

[49]Dec 18, 2008
    • level: 1

I should better put these in the spoiler...

***SPOILER***

Edited on 12/18/2008 5:09am

zukiki

[50]Dec 18, 2008
    • level: 10
    I agree with AndreasOS, that the "soft" 8 is probably the 8 that was used alot towards the end of season 4.0, but the 'Hard' 8 isn't Athena. She's wearing a cylon flightsuit, not a colonial uniform.

psychickiller

[51]Dec 18, 2008
    • level: 9
    In the 3rd webside however it is shown that the "soft" 8 and Gaeta were connected back on New Caprica.

AndreasOS

[52]Dec 19, 2008

psychickiller wrote:
    In the 3rd webside however it is shown that the "soft" 8 and Gaeta were connected back on New Caprica.

That still kind of fits with this. She told Helo that she got curious about Athena and him, so she copied one of Athenas downloads. Maybe she's been sympathetic to the humans from way back when. We know that not all the Cylons wanted to pursue the Fleet. Caprica Six and Boomer started a movement within the Cylon hierarchy to stop chasing the fleet and concentrate on their own destiny (Downloaded - Season 2). Maybe the "Soft 8" is a follower of that train of thought.

With all this "Hard 8", "Soft 8" talk going on, I can't wait to see the "Hard Six" that Adama used to talk about rolling...

Kondix

[53]Dec 19, 2008
    With all this "Hard 8", "Soft 8" talk going on, I can't wait to see the "Hard Six" that Adama used to talk about rolling... Big LOL for this

ebony_kunoichi

[54]Dec 19, 2008
    I roll the hard 6 at all times....boy we are dorks!

rflem16

[55]Dec 19, 2008
    • level: 3
    yeah, with way too much time on our hands!

Lei_K

[56]Dec 20, 2008
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:

And you can buy the "Sometimes You Have to Roll The Hard 6 - Adama" t-shirt on cafepress.com like I did to cement BSG geek status

AndreasOS

[57]Dec 20, 2008

Lei_K wrote:
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:
    And you can buy the "Sometimes You Have to Roll The Hard 6 - Adama" t-shirt on cafepress.com like I did to cement BSG geek status

That's simply fantastic. What a store. I'm getting one of the "What would Adama do" t-shirts. and I will wear it proudly...

ebony_kunoichi

[58]Dec 22, 2008
    I still don't know what the hard 6 is!!!

tripping82

[59]Dec 22, 2008
    • level: 14
    A Hard 6 in Craps: The player wins if the dice show 3 and 3. The bet is lost if the dice show 4, 2 or 5, 1 the bet is also lost if any combination that makes 7 is rolled. A hard 6 pays 9 to 1.

MrBovineOrdure

[60]Dec 22, 2008

episode 4

So that list was a list of prisoners and the 8 in the raptor was an 8 on new caprica offering her help to release them. Can she be trusted?

She also said on the raptor "I know how to get us back, I'll tell you (gaetta) how when the rest of them are asleep"

Hmmm

(Sorry, I won't put the text in "Spoilers" partly because I don't know how to do that but because the title of this denotes a discussion of the S4 webisodes. Don't mean to be mean, but you shouldn't be looking here if you don't want to see a discussion upon which the subject is all about!)

Mr BO

Edited on 12/22/2008 6:35pm