Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion-"Sine Qua Non" (U.S. air date 5/30/08) (U.S. spoilers)

How would you rate this episode?

123home123

[101]Jun 3, 2008
    • level: 55
    I put spoiler tags around the possible spoilers from the next episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Idbeolderifiwas

[102]Jun 3, 2008
    • level: 20
    hazelnut144 wrote:
    yup, only a couple more days, and thanks, I just know that a lot of people on this forum find the teasers way to revealing.

Yep, When I read one post that gave away the main point of the next episode I was devastated

MichaudMR

[103]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 17

The more I think about the more I believe Tigh was just as shocked at the allegation he was fracking the Caprica Six as Adama (talk about waking up next to the wrong wife, whew).

The only question remains is if she was actively taking advantage of him like Lot's daughters in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, or he was hallucinating all on his own and she was just going along with it.

ophee

[104]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 2
    MichaudMR wrote:

The more I think about the more I believe Tigh was just as shocked at the allegation he was fracking the Caprica Six as Adama (talk about waking up next to the wrong wife, whew).

The only question remains is if she was actively taking advantage of him like Lot's daughters in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, or he was hallucinating all on his own and she was just going along with it.

That's a good point - he's certainly seeing Ellen and not 6.

alllstarz

[105]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 4

was a good episode;

it gave everyone a more human side to thier character and made me feel like i was able to relate and or

feel for the individuals.

btw i called adama being president since the first episode.

123home123

[106]Jun 6, 2008
    • level: 55
    While checking on a couple of quote submissions, I rewatched most of the episode again, for the third time. I rarely watch an episode (of anything) more than once or twice. For some reason, this episode is pulling me in each time I start to watch a couple minutes. It definitely gets better with repeated viewings.

I'm picking up on the overall theme of family in this story. Not just Adama's desire to complete his family with Roslin (whether he marries her or not) but the other stories too. Lampkin comes to terms with leaving his family behind on the Colonies during the Cylon attack. Athena is reunited with her daughter, Hera. I just didn't pick up on a lot of this the first time I watched it. Maybe I was too tired. BSG is definitely a show that you need to pay attention to while watching. Not just because of the complex story lines but also the emotional and thematic nuances.

(I got back too late tonight to watch "The Hub" live so I decided to let the DVR record it completely before watching it later on tonight. That's why I was watching "Sine Qua Non" again tonight instead of "The Hub.")
    Edited on 06/06/2008 8:37pm