Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion - "Six of One" (U.S. air date 4/11/08) (spoilers)

How would you rate this episode?

123home123

[1]Apr 8, 2008
    • level: 56
    Summary: The Cylons learn that the Final Five are in the Colonial fleet. Some of the Cylons want the Cavil model to stop lobotomizing the Raider ships.

Starbuck desperately tries to convince the others that the fleet is going the wrong way in their search for Earth.

-----------------------------------

After a spectacular start to Season 4, the series continues with "Six of One" this Friday at 10 pm ET on the Sci Fi Channel. (Last week's episode will be shown again, this Friday at 9 pm, immediately before the premiere of "Six of One.")

Do not post major spoilers in this thread until after the episode has aired on the Sci Fi Channel. After the episode has premiered, any spoiler from this episode may be discussed here. Please try to direct all discussion of the episode to this thread instead of opening separate threads, unless you have a specific question that relates to multiple episodes.

From the Sci Fi Channel promos, it looks like we'll get our first in-depth look at the Cylons this season. Don't forget to rate the episode over on the guide. You can also vote on the poll in this thread, but please wait until after you've seen the episode. Thanks.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SgtStryker

[2]Apr 9, 2008
    • level: 6
    Can't wait, the season looks really exciting

123home123

[3]Apr 10, 2008
    This episode will be streamed on SciFi.com this Friday at noon ET. If you miss it, or you don't like watching BSG on a small computer monitor screen, then just wait a few hours until "Six of One" airs that night, at 10 pm ET.

tripping82

[4]Apr 10, 2008
    • level: 14
    so it airs online BEFORE it airs on TV? Sweet.

rslade70

[5]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 8
    That is sweet that it is airing on SciFi.com Before on Tv. Of Coarse I cant watch it since if I were to see it without my hubby, it would be just wrong I will be back tomorrow though

Lei_K

[6]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 11
    Saw most of it online while at work. Stupid work, got interrupted and didn't catch it all. Will be back tonight after watching on t.v!! From what I saw... oh... save that for when everyone else sees it!

jakestevens

[7]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 13
    Cant wait for this

wedgeantilles54

[8]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 12

Do you have to have an acount to watch the new ep on the sci-fi site cause i don't see it listed when i go to the site

Edited on 04/11/2008 12:50pm

MrBovineOrdure

[9]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 6

No login needed. I just went to www.scifi.com at 11:57, clicked on BSG and was given the "feature will start shortly" screen.

Absolutly wonderful episode. I think this one answeres as many questions as it creates.

Y'all'r gonna love it!

Mr BO

clos_vf

[10]Apr 11, 2008
    MrBovineOrdure wrote:

No login needed. I just went to www.scifi.com at 11:57, clicked on BSG and was given the "feature will start shortly" screen.

Absolutly wonderful episode. I think this one answeres as many questions as it creates.

Y'all'r gonna love it!

Mr BO

Awesome cant wait. its 7 so i got about 3 hours til its on in california.

aidorrocks

[11]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 10
    i think there's subliminal messages in bsg that brainwash you into craving more! i'm addicted & need my fix. once a week is not nearly enough!!! hurry up!

Vincent2013

[12]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 7
    Are you freakin kidding me, freakin awesome, and next week looks like the four are getting in touch with their cylon roots. I cant wait

Idbeolderifiwas

[13]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 20
    Another great episode tonight. I always love it when we get to see the Cylon side of life, and it was certainly nice to finally find out the Model numbers of all of the known seven. The revelation of the Centurians finally having a say in things is big too. I also loved how conflicted the Adama's are, with the Admiral not knowing what to do about Kara, and Lee possibly having doubts about leaving. I couldn't believe that Lee still left after they saluted him and started cheering. I know I would have given in and gone back to being a pilot if I got that kind of respect. It was good to see Adama give Kara a chance too. Now we get to see if Kara really is telling the truth which is going to be interesting to see.

EDIT:Oh yeah, and Baltar seeing himself was great stuff. I was laughing with that "fragile, handle with care" stuff

Edited on 04/11/2008 8:19pm

danharr

[14]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 46
    Great episode I loved how the hypocrisy of Roslyn was pointed out. Yea Ros I guess your the only one that gets prophetic visions and is guided by the gods. I liked the whole process of Balthar being infiltrated by the five but I would've preferred if she really didn't end up on her back to do so. Can't wait to see where civil war among the cylons is going the six's always bring great stories. I figured Starbucks story would go that way didn't think they would kill her or just turn around on her word. So the ship secretly looking for a way was the inevitable and best way to go another good episode.

ISpeakTheTruth

[15]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 33
    Finally! I've waited four seasons but finally the Centurians are starting to take the center stage in the cylon story. Now that they're no longer held back and are now fully centient I think we're going to see the irony start happening. If you look at the previews for the next episode it looks like the Centurians don't like being bossed around any more. Possible Centurian take-over? Wouldn't that be ironic the cylons killed us for 'enslaving' them and then the Centurians kill the other cylons for 'enslaving' them.

Can't wait for the next episode.

Vincent2013

[16]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 7
    i think seeing the six as a brunette really turned me on to the whole difference between blondes and brunettes. I definitely like her better as a brunette, she just seems so much more in charge and serious compared to her blonde counterpart who seems sensual and unsure.

tribalchic

[17]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 17

This was a visually stunning beautifully directed/executed episode.This is the first time i've noticed them puting artistic value into each scene instead of their usual hard-hitting edgy ****that consumes most episodes.The acting was yet again amazing mostly due to Sackhoff's emotionally grueling scenes(I seriously got chills during the adama scene where he slammed her to the ground).The stuff with natalie was just ok, It felt like they were just buying time argueing with each other till the takeover which we all knew was coming although there were some good pieces of information in those scenes too so it wasn't complete filler.

Oh, i almost forgot so apparently Baltar is now seeing Caprica six's 'head baltar' while the scene being extremely entertaining you gotta wonder does this work both ways? can Caprica six see herself too?

Lei_K

[18]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 11
    I love the attention on how hypocritical certain aspects are in the BSG univerise. Cylons point to humans killing each other, their flaws and weakness. Now those very flaws are coming full circle for the Cylons - they too are killing their own, committing the 'sins' they despise humanity for. Once individual cylon models decided they didn't like what the others thought, they are now eventually just doing what they wanted anyway! They chose to mimic human form, and it seems whether they like it or not, they are becoming like humans in all the ways the despise as well. Greatest strenghts and weakness I suppose. And then with Roslin and Kara... Roslin sticking to her belief that only she gets visions and follows them, no no the same couldn't be true for Kara - she has to be a cylon. I love how Kara pointed out that she is no more of a cylon than Roslin is. The scenes with those two were exceptional. On another note, I was sad to see Lee go. Anyone heard who the new CAG is? Maybe Athena? I like the way the show is going but man, I'm sure going to miss Kara and Lee jabbering away in their Vipers. Oh and the scene with Adama and Roslin in his room was really powerful. Potent. Real. The line Adama says "And you are afraid to die alone.. afraid your death will be as meaningless as all the others." Wow, that was powerful. Eddie and Mary are tremendously talented, it is such a pleasure to watch. Okay, can't wait for next Friday! I think I'm going to skip watching them online at noon, its more fun to just wait and watch them at night on the telly.

wedgeantilles54

[19]Apr 11, 2008
    so who exactly does lee now represent and is how now a poitical ally of tom Zareck?

123home123

[20]Apr 11, 2008
    This episode is almost like the real-life goodbyes that the cast will be saying soon, as they wrap up the show this summer. I think those goodbye scenes had much more meaning because of the show's approaching end. The cast and crew have been working together for 5 years now, going through a lot of emotional struggles with the deep, dark storylines and the emotional highs of seeing the praise and success of the series. I'm betting some of those tears weren't just acting.

Now onto the story itself...

I wasn't sure where Kara's story was going even until the very end. (Glad I didn't read any spoilers ahead of time.) This is a masterful plot development. I was wondering how they would be able to keep Kara on the Galactica and maintain interest in her story. It would have gotten boring quickly just to see her in a cell screaming "We're going the wrong way" every episode. Now she will be a lone explorer, a throwback to the split stories of Season 1 when we switched back and forth between the Fleet and Cylon-occupied Caprica (Helo and Sharon). Season 4 will have a much different feel because of this. Will she ever see the rest of the fleet again? I'm not sure because how would she ever find the Galactica? How would she be able to catch up to them, even if she knew where to go?

Lee is also breaking all of his old ties as he moves into a civilian role. Maybe he will become the new president if Roslin dies or becomes incapacitated.

Some of the old "no more Mr. Nice Gaius" humor returned with Head Baltar. I don't think it was Head Six in disguise. Head Baltar's appearance indicates that the imaginary person is either a dark side of Baltar's personality or an external being, and not just a mix-up of Baltar and Number Six from the nuclear blast on Caprica.

I have to say that the sex scene with Tory was pretty hot. A nice bit of spice for the episode. She gave up some of her pride in seeking the information about Baltar, but it's maybe the first time we've truly had a glimpse into Tory's soul and heart. Until now, we've only seen her advising Roslin and meeting with the other Final Four members. She really grew as a character in this episode. We've never seen her in such an intimate setting. Even her scene with Anders last season wasn't very intimate or revealing. It was almost a throwaway scene. Not this time. I just wish the actors could have whispered a little louder so that it was easier to understand that scene.

This episode was a little more ponderous than the season premiere. Maybe they could have moved through Lee's story more quickly or cut down a scene or two. It was still a very good episode, just not as outstanding as "He That Believeth in Me" was. This final season is shaping up very nicely.