Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion - "Six of One" (U.S. air date 4/11/08) (spoilers)

How would you rate this episode?

clos_vf

[21]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 12
    Tory is very sexy so is the Six that rebelled against the other cylons. The centurions are so awesome looking.

I wonder since they did show previews if Tory is the first to turn on everyone did you see who she had in her arms and i wonder what happens when she presses that button.

Cant wait for the next episode this season is really great!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Idbeolderifiwas

[22]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 20
    123home123 wrote:
    I just wish the actors could have whispered a little louder so that it was easier to understand that scene

I was thinking that as well. It was especially hard understanding anything Baltar said with his accent, at one point I regretted not being able to switch on the subtitles.

123home123

[23]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 55
    If you hit the Mute button on your remote, the subtitles will appear after a brief delay. Of course, then you have to watch the episode in silence. Not a good alternative.

Idbeolderifiwas

[24]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 20
    123home123 wrote:
    If you hit the Mute button on your remote, the subtitles will appear after a brief delay. Of course, then you have to watch the episode in silence. Not a good alternative.

Not on my TV they don't. Does that only work on Sci-fi? Because I've certainly never seen it on any channel here in Canada. I used to be able to watch shows with both Audio and Subtitles, but I lost the original remote for my TV so now I have no way of doing so.

Vincent2013

[25]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 7
    Thats so funny because I always have the caption on my tv for precise moments like those so i have to say i understood perfectly, and also i noticed something from the preview. it looked like someone (maybe tigh and anders) was beating up on tyrol because he doesnt want them to kill cally to protect their secret but then the button tory pushed, the one for the airlock? but it could all turn out to be a dream or something

123home123

[26]Apr 12, 2008
    Yeah, because we saw Tigh pointing his gun at Adama in previews for Season 4 and that ended up being a daydream of sorts.

As for this episode, I watched the Baltar/Tory/Head Baltar scene in the cafeteria with the mute button on and the closed captioning. The character's official name really is "Head Baltar." I'm not sure if they call the other one "Head Six" or just "Number Six."

I just figured out that I can turn on the captioning without hitting the mute button. It takes a couple extra button pushes but it's not too difficult. I pressed the Menu button on the cable remote to access the captioning menu.
    Edited on 04/12/2008 1:10am

s798

[27]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 10

Oh my fraking gods, so much wonderful i dont konw where to start.

loved this episode. loving this season so far. loved where tori's character is going, the loose cannon of the 4/5 final five, loved that roslin finally threw starbuck a bone in the end, ms president was starting to get on my nerves by being the main person not believing in her. loved boomer being the one #8 to defect. loved the cylon cival war, loved the character develpment on the cylons in general. loved baltars plot going somewhere interesting (last weeks baltar plot setup didnt work for me).

didnt care for captain apollo's big galactica goodbye. but his character never did it for me to begin with, so there you go. but not so great subplot in an episode really aint so bad.

overall another A++ episode for season 4. I really hope this season can keep up the pace (season 3 was amazing through episode 4-5 but went downhill quickly after that so I am a big cautious)

Hooray for BSG!

Fjaman

[28]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 5
    i see alot of people seem to like this episode but it didnt quit do it for me, sure it was a good episode but the pacing was slow, starbuck was like a cd on repeat and the president a total **** without reason. The cylon story was the best part of the episode but it didnt have enough episode time... Anyways the season has come of to a great start and i hope it continues

h00plah

[29]Apr 12, 2008
    It was a very good episode, this season is really starting off on a good note. I have a "theory" on how the final cylon is going to be discovered. Baltar's going to find out who it is. When he was with tori, he began to "hallucinate", seeing a copy of himself. I saw an image of one of the later episodes, and it shows six next to Tigh. Maybe Baltar can determine who are cylons, but he just doesn't seem to know it yet.

Anyway, very nice episode. Can't wait to see the rest of this season.

Lei_K

[30]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 11
    Did you guys catch what Adama said to Roslin in their scene in his room, something like "get out of my head"? What was the line he said after that, I couldn't understand him?
    Edited on 04/12/2008 9:55am

aidorrocks

[31]Apr 12, 2008

how does this story keep getting better & better. absolutely loved it. i've stopped guessing whats going to happen & just enjoy it. (i do enough guessing with lost)

i've just finished watching the episode & i miss it already. i want the next episode!!

Edited on 04/12/2008 11:43am

MichaudMR

[32]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 17

The end scene fits in with what happened with the Starbuck character in the original BSG. Throughout the series there have been parallels between the two along major plot lines so this makes me wonder if they're going towards some form of the whole Count Ibis, Ship of Light story arc. I could see them pull it off but with a much more modern delivery.

The more I think about it the more it looks like the Cylons are just as at the mercy of events (or some controlling entity) as the Colonials.

MajLorne

[33]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 21

Idbeolderifiwas wrote:
    123home123 wrote:
    I just wish the actors could have whispered a little louder so that it was easier to understand that scene
    I was thinking that as well. It was especially hard understanding anything Baltar said with his accent, at one point I regretted not being able to switch on the subtitles.
    Yeah, it's a good think i recorded this episode as I'm going to rewatch it again with the subtitles on. I wished they were more clearer when they say something.

But anyways I loved the conflict between the cylons and where Cavil got his 'just' punishment for trying to 'alter' the Radier's personalities and then the centurions being given 'empaty' programs. Simply the best part imo of the episode.

Edited on 04/12/2008 1:00pm

montogma23

[34]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 6
    This was a fantastic episode.I loved how kara pointed out that roslin is being hypocritical to her own beliefs and that only she thinks she's right about visions pertaining to earth but if someone else gets them they're a cylon.

Adama/kara scenes were fantastic as usual.

I loved lee's departure from galactica.My favorite line of the whole episode was when lee went to dee and told her "Looks like you get to keep the house."I laughed and I choked up at at the same time.After watching this episode and having all this talk about roslin dying and lee talking about his destiny i firmly believe that RDM is paving the way for lee to become the president after roslin dies.

But the best part of the whole episode? CYLON REBELS!!Been waiting for this for along time.

natemares

[35]Apr 12, 2008
    Loved the episode i have to aggree the best parts where the cylon parts which there where not enough of. Its weirs that the Cylons are in Order Cabil- 1 Leoben - 2 D'Anna - 3 Simon - 4 Aaron - 5 Caprica Six - 6 then they skip seven and go to Sharon - 8. Maybe its just me or they just did that but thats a bit strange isn't it? Maybe there is no reason but she should be a seven to keep the pattern and the final 5 in there order unless the final 1 is a 7 or something. Or its nothing.
    Edited on 04/12/2008 2:25pm

rslade70

[36]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 8
    ISpeakTheTruth wrote:
    Finally! I've waited four seasons but finally the Centurians are starting to take the center stage in the cylon story. Now that they're no longer held back and are now fully centient I think we're going to see the irony start happening. If you look at the previews for the next episode it looks like the Centurians don't like being bossed around any more. Possible Centurian take-over? Wouldn't that be ironic the cylons killed us for 'enslaving' them and then the Centurians kill the other cylons for 'enslaving' them.

Can't wait for the next episode.
    OMG - I think you got it. Reading your post, it all came to light. What happened before, will happen again. It is a cycle. The Centurians kill all the models except the final 5. (which is why they will not go against them). The Centurians given their free will, ended up bulding the skins again and again over time perhaps. The real knowledge is with them. We always ask ourselves, who created the skins? The final 5/Centurions do it over and over.

rslade70

[37]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 8
    Tory - I think she genuinely started to be mezmorized by Baltar. She seemed like she wanted to be with him. She liked that he appreciated her during sex. (let's not forget, original BSG Baltar and his relationship with Cylons, so it would only make sense).

Head Baltar - To me...easy...Evil. When he sees Six, she is a angel, When he sees Baltar, the Devil. Very 1 God religious in guiding him. Kind of like the movies when you see the devil on one shoulder and a angel on the other of a person. Head Balter just seemed evil to me. Six a Angel.

tribalchic

[38]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 17

Idbeolderifiwas wrote:
    123home123 wrote:

yeah that was one of my only complaints aswell also what wasn't helping was sci-fi's audio had a few skips here and there i really noticed it during that scene but i assumed it was just my cable provider screwing it up.

123home123

[39]Apr 12, 2008
    I had the same problem with my video feed too. It wasn't just the audio that skipped. The picture stopped for a couple seconds during the Tory-Baltar bedroom scene. I have Comcast Digital Cable by the way. Do you have Comcast too? If so, maybe this is a Comcast issue and not necessarily a Sci Fi Channel problem.

In any case, I hope all of those companies fix the problem so we don't get any digital hiccups next week.

Interesting that the missing Cylon number is the number 7, traditionally viewed as a lucky number in Western cultures.

As for Head Baltar and Head Six, I've never thought of Head Six as angelic. She can be downright mean and nasty, like that time she slammed Baltar's head into the wall. She's more like a fallen angel if anything.

Myrddin19

[40]Apr 12, 2008

What can I say? Un-fraking-believable, this is the only series that keeps me interested each and every episode, I think there's no single episode in all this series without a moment I love, usually several. This week I loved the confrontation between Roslin and Kara (way to go, Starbuck), the scene with Adama and Roslin telling truths to one another, my god, it was shocking, really, and Tory sleeping with Baltar to find out what he knows... but of course, the best was the cylon part, now cylons are really beginning to understand humans, they are as able of treason against their own kind as we are!

I loved the way Adama solved the Starbuck situation, it will be interesting to see how it turns out. All in all, a great episode, seven days is a very looong time, but I guess I'll have to be patient.