Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion - "The Eye of Jupiter" (12/15/06 episode) (spoilers)

majoradama

[21]Dec 15, 2006
    • level: 5

Im pretty sure the temple of 5 relates to the finle 5 cylons.

Although nobodys sure i believe the finle cylons are the lords of kolbol or something like that

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wedgeantilles54

[22]Dec 15, 2006
    • level: 12

the rpodcuers had already pretty much said the temple had a connection to the final five, but what that connection isn't clear

also then temple kinda reminds me of the map room they found in the frist season of stargate, and did anyone else noticed how adama seems to be pissed a rosyln

majoradama

[23]Dec 15, 2006
    Hes pissed because she took sharons child away. He lost a son and wouldent want it to happen to anyone not even a machine

DominusDeus

[24]Dec 15, 2006
    • level: 1
    If I'm not mistaken, in the 3hr miniseries, didn't the text on the screen say that no one had seen the Cylons in 40 years? And during that time, the Centurion model was upgraded (going by the design that dude in the space station had on paper), and to their surprise, the Cylons looked human now.

This would also mean that the Cylons looked human at least 2 years prior to that due to Number Six being with Baltar on Caprica for 2 years getting the info she needed.

And didn't one of the guys say that the artifact in the Eye of Jupiter episode was 4000 years old? How long ago were the Cylons made? How can the Temple of Five relate to the final five Cylons if the temple was made 4000 years ago?

Apparently the people of Kobol could see into the future right real well...

majoradama

[25]Dec 15, 2006

Its been said in earlier episodes that the scriptures say "all of this has happened before all of this will happen again" and the scriptures have predicted things before (hand of god)

So even if the cylons didnt exist back then it might still relate to the present time. Like when the scrolls talked of the 12 serpents the attack force that attacked the tilium asteroid in hand of god had 12 vipers

Darkness1234

[26]Dec 15, 2006
    • level: 13
    IS it me or did anyone else get really angry when they read "to be continued" and knew that would be in a few weeks.

The whole episode I was so into it that I didn't even realise that it was end of the show.

Obaida

[27]Dec 16, 2006
    • level: 9
    This was an excellent episode. Well-paced, lots of revelations and plenty of threads contributing to the cliffhanger. Yes, waiting sucks, but unfortunately, the break during the holidays is standard for all shows (why I think that's a dumb idea is irrelevant here).

I know it's almost for sure not going to happen, and I'm sure the members of the Kara Koolaid Klub (shout-out to gcswift2 for coming up with the hilarious term Kara Koolaid) will curse the ground I walk on for even suggesting it, but I would LOVE for Kara to "Kick the Starbucket", so to speak. Her dying not only would remove perhaps the most annoying character in all of TV, but would have great story implications and would show Battlestar Galactica isn't afraid to kill off major characters (like 24, perhaps the most badass show ever).

I can dream, can't I?

AceTk

[28]Dec 16, 2006
    There are a couple of things that kind of confused me:
    1) I thought Adama always knew about Sharons baby and wasnt he there when Roslin said "we cant have that child raised by a cylon mother"
    2) Where did all those nukes come from? O.o
    3) Man Boomer seems so pissed...and I guess she is fully intergrated back to cylon society.

All in all I feel recently the episdoes have been subpar. What do you guys think?

AprilFox

[29]Dec 16, 2006
    • level: 111
    Ace, I think this season has been a stellar solid well-delivered season. The story is unfolding with many twists and turns to be expected and a few unusual revelations. Battlestar Galactica has nukes because she's a battleship. And only Roslin, Doc Cottle and Roslin's aide knew about Hera. As for Starbuck, I want her around, she's a terrific character, I think some people don't like that she is so strong and almost child-like as well, petulant when she doesn't get her way. Immature, yet mature she's entertaining that's for sure.
    Edited on 12/16/2006 4:45am

MichaudMR

[30]Dec 16, 2006
    • level: 17

Well this much we do know:

Starbuck does survive at least long enough for Apollo to order Dee (his wife) to rescue his girfriend, and watch them have a teary eyed reunion. Therefore Admiral Adama doesn't actually nuke the planet (or at least holds off a bit).  This should mean that the Cylons' raiding party waves off with the probable exception of the ship carrying Baltar and D'Anna. 

It's possible that Chief Tyrol pushes on the large obvious button and activates some sort of defensive mechanism (similar to the devices employed in "The Fifth Element" and the original Star Trek Episode "The Paradise Syndrome"). That temple looks an awful lot like a missile silo to me.

Wouldn't it be neat if Helo and Athena make use of all the confusion to stage a raid on the Basestar and get Hera back?

Finally, I agree with Brother Cavil - the logical course of action would be to blow Galactica out of the sky ASAP and be done with it.  Of course that would mean game over for the series, so from a story line perspective this is just not an option.  

wedgeantilles54

[31]Dec 16, 2006
    • level: 12

Adama never knew about what happen to Hera, causeit appears he dillberatly left him self out ofthe conversations about after rosyln was cured by its blood . Baltar was also left out of the conversations at the poin though i doubt it was his choice so Adama might have suspected something but he didn't know, and there had been subtle hints leading up to this in a few of the previous eps this season.

i doubt starbuck dies in the next ep, prehaps she  get injured yet again and she goes through something simular to her time after her ejection and adventure of capturing the raider in season 1.

As for the nukes where did they come from, my previous post gives more detials as to why this question is improtant and why thier being 4 nukes is odd.

truthbetold63

[33]Dec 16, 2006
    when anders tells lee that he wasn't the first.....that was like wow...lee may just be a fool. I like how all the 'strong' characters are also weak. I love this show, missed only 2 halves this whole season, im buying the box-sets.

mrmoo3

[34]Dec 16, 2006
    • level: 2
    A few titbits as mentioned earlier in full.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2006/12/one_of_the_cent.html

JalineTV

[35]Dec 16, 2006
    • level: 18
    Great episode, but I really think they could've made it a bit longer. I understand that's another reason why it's a two-parter (the first reason being that they wanted to make us more excited for the second part), but some of it felt rushed.

And everytime I attempt to like Baltar, I just can't.

thefloriantrout

[36]Dec 16, 2006
    i still hate Starbuck. she needs to die.

tFT

DarkAngle34994

[37]Dec 17, 2006
    • level: 29
    thefloriantrout wrote:
    i still hate Starbuck. she needs to die.

tFT

I with you on that.

DarkAngle34994

[38]Dec 17, 2006
    • level: 29
    Spoilers for Jan 21 episode

***SPOILER***
    (Edited to replace the extra line breaks with the new "spoiler" tag feature.)
    Edited on 12/17/2006 9:31pm

ICE0ne

[39]Dec 17, 2006
    • level: 10
    anyone think there might be a chance athena will kill herself to get on the basestar?  there were originally 5 priests right, so maybe the 5 final cylons were made to look like those 5 priests.  i still find it weird the cylons don't know what their own kind looks like.

Mangalore

[40]Dec 17, 2006
    • level: 7
    Personal guess(no arguments or facts pointing to it):
    The eye of Jupiter is not an artefact but the star in the solar system, more probably the star when it goes supernovae, at least the only point in having an instable star as plotdevice in an SF-series is to blow it up, right?

Though that would make it cool if this little fact would be completely irrelevant...

However I found that the star had a weird corona making it look like an eye.Would be also a little more impressive than some crappy artefact.
    Edited on 12/17/2006 4:41am