Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion - "The Hub" (U.S. air date 6/6/08) (spoilers)

How would you rate this episode?

Femvamp

[21]Jun 7, 2008
    • level: 11

stefincognito wrote:

On the note of the 8s... since Boomer was on the hub, does that mean that boomer is... dead? I don't imagine she would have such quiet ending for the magnitude of her character, but its possible.

Boomer's a survivor. She found a way off the hub. Plus there's the whle Tyrol/Boomer thing they haven't dealt with yet. Boomer's alive.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

psychickiller

[22]Jun 7, 2008
    • level: 9
    The best episode in this season so far. Can't wait to see how next week will top it off, though it definitely will.

Will the Final Cylon be revealed? It would be a huge cliffhanger for the mid-season break, but then finish off the biggest mystery in the series while there are still some episodes left...

Finally the Baltar I missed came back... No longer a mad prophet. He seems again like the intelligent, yet believing, amusing fool he has been for the most of the series.

The conversation with the Centurion actually give me a shiver... After they were reprogrammed already by the 6's, and showed some signs of acting a little more aware; it felt like Baltar was giving them some ideas. Really nasty ideas.
    Lets hope he didn't have time to be downloaded and give those memories to the rest.

The Centurions are going to take over, and it's going to be one hell of a bloody fight.

natemares

[23]Jun 7, 2008
    • level: 5

Great episode. Can't wait for the last. On space it said the last episode until 2009 what if they end it the last cylon is TO BE CONTINUED... 2009 though man that is some (insert multiple swears). Great ep though next week should be good.

Idbeolderifiwas

[24]Jun 7, 2008
    • level: 20
    psychickiller wrote:
    The conversation with the Centurion actually give me a shiver... After they were reprogrammed already by the 6's, and showed some signs of acting a little more aware; it felt like Baltar was giving them some ideas. Really nasty ideas.
    Lets hope he didn't have time to be downloaded and give those memories to the rest.

The Centurions are going to take over, and it's going to be one hell of a bloody fight.

Actually, I'm fairly certain that even though the Centurions are now sentient, they can still not ressurrect. They aren't bio-mechanoid like the Raiders, they're all robot and the Cylons have never had a purpose for ressurrecting them before. They were just mindless soldiers and slaves, what would be the point of ressurrecting one when you can just bring a new one off the assembly line?

nottynotme

[25]Jun 7, 2008
    • level: 3
    I Liked this episode, good tv. I think we have been given a few more tidbits of evidence to who might be the final cylon. But the writers are also having fun with us by giving us alot of red herrings (misleads). What did you guys think of Three in her bathrobe, in 20 seconds she gave Balter the medical OK, then stopped The President's heart with the quib about her being the final cylon. The music in that scene I call it shocking climatic revelation music was great, you had to smile when she said she was faking her out. After pondering that scene it hit me that this is playing out liket the show Dallas. Who Shot JR.
    With the Presidents vision, realising Love was a key. Her now stating her reciprocal love for Admiral Adama. It appears to me that it will now play out that Admiral Adama is the final cylon.
    He was replaced during the first cylon war. I lifted this dialog from Sine Qua Non .

"I don't know if I ever
    told you this, but...
    one of my first missions was
    a solo recon,
    being alone in a raptor
    in enemy space,
    nobody can help you
    when you're scared. ??
    I told myself that after my duty
    I'd have time to face my fear.
    That's a good memory. "

Adama has proven to be so "Human". He has been the leader of Mankind. He loves and is loved by the President. And has been a iconic father figure to the acting President. It will all be perfect.
    I got more.

tribalchic

[26]Jun 7, 2008
    • level: 17

psychickiller wrote:
    The conversation with the Centurion actually give me a shiver... After they were reprogrammed already by the 6's, and showed some signs of acting a little more aware; it felt like Baltar was giving them some ideas. Really nasty ideas. Lets hope he didn't have time to be downloaded and give those memories to the rest. The Centurions are going to take over, and it's going to be one hell of a bloody fight.

do they ever download? or were they just left-overs from the original cylons?

because I was thinking the same thing about giving it ideas (one more thing to add to Baltars long list of 'oops' when he was compairing him to a dog. But then it got blown to pieces so hopefully this concept wasn't past on to the other centurians, or are they all connected with the same consciousness? I can't remember!

QingJao86

[27]Jun 7, 2008
    • level: 4
    Can't Cylon Raiders download (remember Scar, I barely do but wasn't there a cylon that kept downloading and coming back in that episode) if they can why not the centurions?

nottynotme

[28]Jun 7, 2008
    After presenting evidence that the last cylon might be Will Adama that conversation Baltar had with the centaurian got me wondering. The conversation seemed to go two ways. I know when "hyper-Baltar" nervous speaks he tends to answer alot of his own questions. But it seemed like the centaurian corrected him when Baltar mentioned slaves in plural. He wanted to be counted as a individual, slave. Centaurians have a IQ inhibitor limiting their intelligence(me thinks its probably more of a free-will inhibitor), we are unsure whoe had the inhibitors removed. Communication with them seems to come from audio commands and some sort of wireless frequency as well I believe. People might want to present evidence of differnt observed communique.
    Edited on 06/07/2008 3:17pm

hazelnut144

[29]Jun 7, 2008
    • level: 8
    That was a really really awesome episode. First of all, D'Anna's fakeout? My instant thought was "she's joking", but then a second later, it it "Wait she's not laughing. No, it can't be Roslin!? What!!" and then she said that she was kidding, and I almost died laughing. Because, I have to agree with D'Anna, the look on Roslin's face was relatively priceless.

As for the Elosha scenes, well I got this brainflash earlier in the season that she could be the final cylon, which I had somewhat discarded because she wasn't that huge a character, and probably not everyone would recognize her right away, but now I'm thinking it could be a possibility. It's not my number one theory, but it's possible. It actually reminded me quite a bit of when "Leoban" was guiding Kara in Maelstrom.

Baltar talking to the centurion, and actually all other Baltar scenes, were just priceless. I was laughing so hard ant the centurion cocking its head. We haven't seen head Baltar/head Six in a while now. I'm starting to miss them a little bit. But I think they are going to get explained eventually.

The pseudo-Athena was a little weird, but interesting. And Roslin's line to Helo was great "You're not married to the whole production line!" But now she is obviously a little irked at Helo for following Roslin's orders.

Lee and Kara touched each other! Granted it was in Roslin's vision, but as I've said before, I am really missing the Lee and Kara interaction. It is my single complaint about the season. They haven't said a word to each other onscreen since "Six of One"

Adama and Roslin's reunion was amazingly done. So perfect. "I love you" "About time." Although the forehead kiss gave me a huge X-Files flash. But it really was perfect. It's not complicated, there is no drama to it, it just is.

The space battle was well done, and it was kind of cool to see all the cylons in their pilot uniforms.

Libaax

[30]Jun 7, 2008
    This was one of the best of the season if not the best. Best things:

* Moral dilemma of Roslin's. To do whatever for her people right or wrong like playing her allies.

* The uplifting romance thing beteween Roslin,Adama was sweet. Made me smile for them.

* Helo is a noble guy. Roslin should act more moral like him more often. Its not good to do whatever it takes.

* D'anna is back,

* The Cylon are mortal,starting to change and act almost like humans with fear of death,untrustfull unlike before with their holy superior attitudes.

* The bad side side of Baltar is back. Good to see he is himself again and not faking to be holy leader.

It had so many other things. Only minus was there wasnt enough 6. What has happened to the 6 in Baltar's mind ?

123home123

[31]Jun 7, 2008
    • level: 55
    Did anyone notice that rotating sphere in the middle of the Centurion's torso? It reminded me of Tony Stark's electro-mechanical heart in the recent Iron Man movie.

nottynotme

[32]Jun 7, 2008
    123home123 wrote:
    Did anyone notice that rotating sphere in the middle of the Centurion's torso? It reminded me of Tony Stark's electro-mechanical heart in the recent Iron Man movie.

Just one of the many rewind moments of this episode, I think we were showcased many new things. the light pulsed like a hear-beat,looked like a baby scan. When Helo was int the resurrection ship the walls pulsed with similiar lighting.
    I think something will come of the dying pilots (Pike?) raptor. He was panicking in the dog-fight after sustaining damage, talked about jumping back to Galactica. He died but pushed the jump buttom. Could he have been carrying a Nuke? I only saw the fighters with Nukes, but that scene stuck in my mind.

Femvamp

[33]Jun 7, 2008
    • level: 11

Is it me, or are the eights a really creepy model?

Also, I really do think Helo might actually want to be married to the entire production line. A man can do worse.

Plus, and I really I really do love you Three but you are going to be trouble aren't you?

Oh yeah, and you can't forget hot piolet Sixes.

nottynotme

[34]Jun 7, 2008
    Femvamp wrote:

Also, I really do think Helo might actually want to be married to the entire production line. A man can do worse.

Plus, and I really I really do love you Three but you are going to be trouble aren't you?

Oh yeah, and you can't forget hot piolet Sixes.

All female skin jobs are like black widows. I say this kind of jokingly, two facts dictate their aggressive behavior, thhey are not human (lifetime of morality and emotions), and it is a time or war. Anyways these chicks get special schooling on the art of neck-snapping. That must bee Moore's little fetish . That one handed throat snap/crush and body throw in 1 motion was some assasin maneuver. We know the 6 likes the two-handed neck snap-twist. The 8 likes the GUN, twice proven. Oh yeah the cylons have the best terry-cloth robes I have ever seen.
    Edited on 06/07/2008 7:55pm

tribalchic

[35]Jun 7, 2008
    • level: 17
    Femvamp wrote:

i've allways thought that though, i think it has more to do with not knowing how to think for themselves they come off that way, like when one appears they all appear unlike the sixes who are much more independant.Other than Athena or Boomer They all just seem to follow each other and kinda come off as the creepy stalker model.

I liked it when Cavil said that 8's are very loyal followers and D'anna replied "until they see somthing shiny"......I think that sums up the model perfectly

Idbeolderifiwas

[36]Jun 7, 2008
    • level: 20
    QingJao86 wrote:
    Can't Cylon Raiders download (remember Scar, I barely do but wasn't there a cylon that kept downloading and coming back in that episode) if they can why not the centurions?
    Raiders can Download, but there are 2 reasons for that. The Cylons intentionally made it that way because it's a hell of a lot easier than training a new one after one dies, and they are biomechanoid. I don't think the Centurions download because they have no reason to. Up until Six of One they were just mindless slave-bots used as sentries. There would be no need to train them because unlike the Biomechanoid Raiders, they are purely robotic and therefore can be programmed to do whatever they are told, and wouldn't have to be taught how to do so.

hazelnut144

[37]Jun 7, 2008
    nottynotme wrote:
    All female skin jobs are like black widows.

Well Helo IS still alive...I do see what you are saying, but just thought I would point that out.

sheli20

[38]Jun 7, 2008
    hazelnut144 wrote:
    nottynotme wrote:
    All female skin jobs are like black widows.

Well Helo IS still alive...I do see what you are saying, but just thought I would point that out.

And Baltar is alive as well (and Tigh too).

alcalde

[39]Jun 7, 2008
    • level: 12
    nottynotme wrote:

I think something will come of the dying pilots (Pike?) raptor. He was panicking in the dog-fight after sustaining damage, talked about jumping back to Galactica. He died but pushed the jump buttom. Could he have been carrying a Nuke? I only saw the fighters with Nukes, but that scene stuck in my mind.

Didn't something already come of this? Isn't this the ship they found in the previous episode that led the fleet to the location of the battle?

nottynotme

[40]Jun 7, 2008
    alcalde wrote:
    nottynotme wrote:

Didn't something already come of this? Isn't this the ship they found in the previous episode that led the fleet to the location of the battle?

CorrecT, thank you