Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion - "The Oath" (1/30/09) (spoilers)

How would you rate this episode?

pumpkinhead2

[61]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 7
    Agent_Conundrum wrote:

ISpeakTheTruth wrote:
    This was a really great episode and I can't wait for the next one but I'm going to say this after watching the previews... Don't kill Tigh Don't Kill Tigh!

Am I the only one who instantly knew where they were going with this? I actually want them to kill Tigh, and for just one main reason: He'll resurrect.

Tigh's death is a very nice segue back to the mystery of the Final Five, Earth, etc. and I, for one, can't wait.

I hope they don't kill Tighe.

If they do then everyone will just roll their eyes and wonder when and how he will be resurrected. Death has kind of lost its sting with BSG.

Oh no they Boomer's dead ... oh wait no she isn't. OMG they killed Starbuck ... for a little while. They have just killed ... oh forget it.

Killing off tne main cast members and bringing them back a couple of episodes latter has lost its shock value.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kondix

[62]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 11

I bet you are talking bout HEROES...

Caly did not come back, Dee is gone 4 good... and countless others (Billy, D'Anne - the last model stayed on earth for good after all)...

the return of Cylons is not exactly something new to this show, besides of that only Starbucks return was out of the ordinary in this show...

well... maybe Baltars survival during the original attack on Caprica could be some sort of resurecting... but we are still waiting to learn the truth about that...

besides... now the Cylons really die... maybe there are more Sharon-models... but if Athena were to die then she is a goner for good. So I really don't agree with you on the eyes-rolling. The only thing that would stop the shock-effect, is spoilling it in the promo-spot...

I hope they are not THAT stupid... and it is just a hype-raiser, before we learn the true fate of Tigh.

Edited on 02/03/2009 5:28am

pumpkinhead2

[63]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 7

Well we know that the first seven Cylons can't be resurrected ... but we don't know about the final five.

I also think there is a possibility that Ellen isn't a Cylon.

Perhaps the producers simply wanted to throw us off the scent.

We all assume that Ellen is the fifth Cylon and then boom ... we discover that it is actually Adama.

guyroy1971

[64]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 12
    nah, ellen is the fifth. They wouldn't have paid her to be in this season in the reveal episode just to throw us off scent. Maybe that's too much of a real world explanation, but it is true..lol They showed her alive 2000 years ago in the flashback, people may not like the choice, but the final five question is answered.

tribalchic

[65]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 17

SWERJ321 wrote:
    Seriously, when BALTAR is trying to talk sense into you, you're pretty gone.

ROFL....that was a great way of putting it.

That was one of my favorite scenes aswell. Seeing him become the voice of reason between them was the exact opposite of what happened on New Caprica, and given their troubled friendship it wouldn't surprise me if Baltar ended up being the one who takes him out.

my1sunshine

[66]Feb 4, 2009

guyroy1971 wrote:
    nah, ellen is the fifth. They wouldn't have paid her to be in this season in the reveal episode just to throw us off scent. Maybe that's too much of a real world explanation, but it is true..lol They showed her alive 2000 years ago in the flashback, people may not like the choice, but the final five question is answered.

Well, I agree that Ellen is the 5th, but I wouldn't use the "they wouldn't pay her to be in the season for the reveal". Keep in mind that the season opener was filmed as last season's finale. And they have paid her to be in quite a few episodes as a vision or hallucination. For that matter, for all we know, Tigh could have been drunk off his ass, and been seeing things. But I agree that Ellen's the 5th anyway. First of all, I sort of love the thought personally that the one thing all the fans thought would be THE big deal.. turns out to be a " Oh.... Um, okay.... let's move on, now". However... It might be a bigger deal than we know in the eps to come. But I've been watching the past episodes.. always manipulating her husband the Cylon.. telling him that he's one heartbeat from commanding the Galactica ... right before the old man gets shot. And who's really calling the shots when Bill's on the table? And we can pretty much know with certainty that she killed Vallence in "Colonial Day". For Zarek.. and for Saul. It also makes her scenes playing the "helpless pawn" on New Caprica all the more deliciously ironic. I can see more stuff being revealed about Ellen, and I can't help feeling that somehow we're gonna see her again... possibly in the company of Cavill. I mean, why do we assume she's dead? Saul poisoned her, sure. Shortly before everybody left New Caprica. I don't remember a burial scene, do you? We'll see.

starwolf99

[67]Feb 9, 2009

They had to kill the engineer! Those frakkers. Laird survived Helena Cain. He survived the New Caprica Exodus. He survived Earth. And he gets killed from behind for doing his job. Gaeta should have known from that point that he was getting into a very bloody affair and that Zarek was just another pissed-off thug.

scififan12921

[68]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 6
    starwolf99 wrote:

They had to kill the engineer! Those frakkers. Laird survived Helena Cain. He survived the New Caprica Exodus. He survived Earth. And he gets killed from behind for doing his job. Gaeta should have known from that point that he was getting into a very bloody affair and that Zarek was just another pissed-off thug.

it's what makes Zarek so brutal, when it comes down to it he is more ruthless than Cain ever could be. She at least showed the ability to change her mind when she doesn't have Adama killed, Zarek is for Zarek and everyone else be damned.

MajLorne

[69]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 21
    Not only that, but Cain still needed him to fix her ship, so he was valuable to her. Zarek doesn't give a damn about his role on the ship if he gets in the way.