Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion - "The Ties That Bind" (U.S. air date 4/18/08) (spoilers)

How would you rate this episode?

SlimboyJT

[21]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 3
    I feel next few esp going be sad endings......
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Idbeolderifiwas

[22]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 20
    Well the episode has officially aired. Anyone who ventures into the thread who hasn't seen the episode yet does so at their own peril.

I can't believe they killed off Cally... The hits just keep coming this season. The Cylons killed each other with no resurrection ship too, that was pretty frakked up as well. I just don't know what to say, I'm in shock really. I really can't think of anything to say right now.

jackvancouver

[23]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 6
    The ending is emotionally strong enough to give people nightmares, seriously. An emotional climax of this magnitude usually exists in Oscar winning material.

alllstarz

[24]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 4
    Same; Speechless they killed cally but she look like she was going to anyways going nuts and her baggy emo eyes ahah

I still do not know how I feel yet... Lee becoming a politician (probably going to take on roslin) Baltar and the Revolt and the Cylons hopefully they haven't bitten to much than they can chew and ruin the potential amazing story line.

strikerace19

[25]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 2

What did the five fingers say to the face?

**SLAP**

Cold-blooded!

Seriously, thats one hard backhand.

zukiki

[26]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 10
    I can't say thing one really did anything for me. An entire hour of non-stop arguing where everyone was wrong (I'm sure most people will disagree with that statement, but that's how it came off to me). It was just kind of depressing, in all the wrong ways...I don't even know where to begin. I never was really able to side with anyone in any of the storylines. I mean I like Cally, she a great character, but after getting though that entire episode, I really did care that she died. Beyond that, this is the first time I've every really almost stop caring about the show either, and that's really troubling me. I'm at a loss right now, I don't know what else to say.

Canada_Champ

[27]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 14
    If any Cylon was going to turn first, it was going to be Tory. She has had the least amount of character development in the series out of the Final Four.

teron678

[28]Apr 18, 2008
    Idbeolderifiwas wrote:
    Well the episode has officially aired. Anyone who ventures into the thread who hasn't seen the episode yet does so at their own peril.

I can't believe they killed off Cally... The hits just keep coming this season. The Cylons killed each other with no resurrection ship too, that was pretty frakked up as well. I just don't know what to say, I'm in shock really. I really can't think of anything to say right now.

co-sign

s798

[29]Apr 18, 2008
    sorry cally. but tory might just be my new favorite cylon. so evil. so crazy.

oldsage

[30]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 9

As soon as Tori knew that Cally had discovered they were Cylons, it was pretty much determined that Cally had to die. It would have been impossible for Tori's Cylon programming to let their secret become known and to allow the other Cylon-human hybrid to come to harm.

One question though. Seeing Tory slap Cally across the air-lock made me think of the episode when Tyrol hit Cally with the wrench. If the Cylon's have super-human strength, why didn't Tyrol take Cally's head off when he hit her?

I'm loving the sequences with Starbuck and her crew!

Overall an outstanding episode! I understand that those who love the comic-book action may not be too happy... but it was excellent character development.

Final note... Lee looks really uncomfortable in a suit.

teron678

[31]Apr 18, 2008
    s798 wrote:
    sorry cally. but tory might just be my new favorite cylon. so evil. so crazy.
    i have a hunch we'll see her again in the season finale ...
    Edited on 04/18/2008 8:28pm

oldsage

[32]Apr 18, 2008

Canada_Champ wrote:
    If any Cylon was going to turn first, it was going to be Tory. She has had the least amount of character development in the series out of the Final Four.

Tory didn't turn... her actions were motivated purely by self-preservation. Even Athena would have done the same thing.

alllstarz

[33]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 4
    yea thats true;
    but it is weird that they have super-human strength and never used it before. I personally do not like Lee in a suit; but i think he will make his way into a viper soon i hope.

Canada_Champ

[34]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 14
    oldsage wrote:

Canada_Champ wrote:

Tory didn't turn... her actions were motivated purely by self-preservation. Even Athena would have done the same thing.

Yeah I didn't mean actually becoming as 'evil' as The Seven, I just meant turning in terms of activating their programming. If someone like Chief had done that first, when Tory does it it won't seem as special. At least now, Tory has this.

oldsage

[35]Apr 18, 2008
    Canada_Champ wrote:
    oldsage wrote:

Canada_Champ wrote:

Yeah I didn't mean actually becoming as 'evil' as The Seven, I just meant turning in terms of activating their programming. If someone like Chief had done that first, when Tory does it it won't seem as special. At least now, Tory has this.

Agreed there.

danharr

[36]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 45
    Great episode Tory's descent into cold machine was the focus point for me with Starbuck a different kind of madness but madness all the same being the underlying theme. Wow watching Calle go out was something I knew she was going to die but the whole ordeal was done greatly. I love how Apollo's new job isn't a smooth sailing and the prospect of him allowing himself to be used as Zareks hitman is intriguing.

Idbeolderifiwas

[37]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 20
    oldsage wrote:
    Seeing Tory slap Cally across the air-lock made me think of the episode when Tyrol hit Cally with the wrench. If the Cylon's have super-human strength, why didn't Tyrol take Cally's head off when he hit her?

My guess on this subject is that because they were programmed to think they are human, they must have had limitations set as to their physical capabilities. If they did show super human strength, many would be suspicious of it so I would think it's just another part of their programming to fit in with the Humans.

serenity01

[38]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 15

that was an interesting epsiode...the craziness

this really showed the change in Kara, but is still kinda puzzling me, yeah i get she died, but why did she go completely insane.

Tory killing Cally, i just kept telling myself "It's not real, it can't be real" but I guess it is. that was a shock, but if anyone was gonna do it Tory would have been the one. There is something about Tory that is different from the other 4, i think mainly it's because she really has no reason to be good, anders has kara, tigh got his pride and the admiral, tyrol had cally and nicky, tory never really had anyone to keep her centered.

the rift between adama and the president is getting bigger, and that kinda makes me sad, they were so good together and this is well heartbreaking in a lot of ways.

lee's turn to the politics, i think this could be very interesting. he's different then other politicians, and he was always the good diplomatic one on galactica, but i am afriad for the character a little bit, mainly because he was defined by his position, now that is gone, so i think he's trying to find himself more than anything, find himself away from the vision of his father.

cylons...well that was crazy...i kinda expected the cavils and their followers to try and eliminate the others, if they didn't see that coming there is something wrong. It'll be interesting to see what the other sharons, sixes and leobans do given this attack on their models. but it seems as though boomer might be coming to the belief that what she did was the wrong choice in siding against her model. and what boomer and cavil... dean stockwell must be in heaven...lol

i can't wait to see the rest

strikerace19

[40]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 2
    I like how there are parallel rifts going on in both camps. I'm thinking that by the end of the series there will be some balance between the humans and the cylons in terms of military force.