TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion - "Torn" (spoilers)

Writer2000

[61]Nov 6, 2006
    • level: 17
    123home123 wrote:
    Athena is Sharon's call sign but it also seems to be much more. Minor spoiler from next week's episode follows:

When one of the recon team members addresses her as Sharon, someone immediately corrects the speaker and says "Athena!" The new name is a way of differentiating herself from not only the original Boomer but also from Cylons in general. I think we may never hear her called Sharon again.

END SPOILER

Thanks for answering my post. I thought that Athena was Sharon's call sign, but I wasn't sure. I thought that the scene where they were trying to decide on her call sign very cofusing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

swampape

[62]Nov 6, 2006
    • level: 5
    I think I can find it easier to believe that the hyrid is a combination human and machine.  I think I like that better than the hybrids being a new model or a retired model however I am not sure that is the way they will go with it.   I just hope they address the question of what the hybrids really are (a hybrid of what) and confirm whether or not all the hybrids look alike (which would confirm they are perhaps an early model or prototype skin job) or if they look different (which would support the idea they are a human combined with a machine).

MichaudMR

[63]Nov 7, 2006
    • level: 17
    cyberentity wrote:

So, What does everyone think, if they find earth will they find our earth, or a futurestic earth with battlestars floating around it ?

There is an excelent discussion thread open on this subject, When they eventually find Earth.

Edited on 11/07/2006 5:50am

Azzir

[64]Nov 7, 2006
    • level: 1
    danharr wrote:
    Nice I like the cylon virus and would love to know what that device was they found.
    Looks like someone finally found Voyager II ;-)
    Edited on 11/07/2006 6:16am

jcastro20111

[65]Nov 7, 2006
    • level: 7
    The Colonials have been a space faring race for 6000 or so years. Is it possible in that time that any of them splintered off and went to start a civilization on some other planet/solar system and broken off contact with the Colonies?

If that is the case, it might be these folks who left the cylon kryptonite.

---
    Carlos

DarqAli

[66]Nov 7, 2006
    Where does the figure 6000 years come from?

I thought the flight from Kobol came about 2000 years in their past? Not sure where I got that figure in my head from, though.

Wedo765

[67]Nov 8, 2006
    • level: 10
    123home123 wrote:
    Was the "Life here began out there" line used in
    this series? I thought it came from the original series only.

Adama says at the end of the Mini Series "The scriptires tell us life
    here began out there..." during his little speech about Earth

DarqAli wrote:
    "All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again" is used repeatedly as Scripture, too. A clear statement: in the Universe of BSG, time is not linier, it is cyclical. Goes in a circle, not a straight line.

I always assumed it was just the Colonials way of saying "Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it" just with a little less gloom, or maybe just "History has a tendancy to repeat itself" and the Cylons just took it too literally, cause lets face it, there basically children  and sometimes children here their parents say something and miss interpret

123home123

[68]Nov 8, 2006
    • level: 55
    Thanks for the information. It's been a while since I've seen the miniseries.

StelingMB

[69]Nov 8, 2006
    • level: 5
    I was considering the episode again today, specifically the exchange between Starbuck and Adama (surprise I'm hung up on a Starbuck scene )...For the most part I do believe that Adama did the right thing, issuing the two rabble roussers a severe ultimatum. And although his words to Starbuck were painful to hear, they were neccessary to shock her back to life!

That said, I was most disappointed; I felt kinda robbed actually. I'd been eagerly anticipating the Reaunion between the Admitral and his "daughter". After so much pain and heartache, I was longing for a little of the Husher/Starbuck atmosphere...I guess after the past episode I'm feeling a little deprived!

starwolf99

[70]Nov 9, 2006
    • level: 12
    Seeing the final conversation between Adm. Adama and Tigh made me think about "Laying Down Your Burdens".  That goodbye between the two before Tigh went to New Caprica.  It now feels more like a foreshadowed farewell as if they will never see each other again.  In fact, that Tigh is gone.

eXXtended02

[71]Feb 6, 2007
    Way to resurrect an old thread, but something has been bugging me about this episode.

Remember when Baltar and CapricaSix walk around on the baseship and encounter a naked Eight doing some kind of Thai Chi?
    Anyone else noticed she appears to be pregnant?

123home123

[72]Feb 6, 2007
    I remember that scene. I don't think she looked pregnant.

eXXtended02

[73]Feb 6, 2007
    123home123 wrote:
    I remember that scene. I don't think she looked pregnant.

I'm pretty sure she did, at least judging from this picture:
    http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1756/gala01mn8.jpg
    I remember Grace having a firmer belly, this looks like early pregnancy to me.

Question is: what would it actually mean in regards to the story line (besides confusing the heck out of me, obviously).

123home123

[74]Feb 6, 2007
    It could just be a result of the pose. In any case, I don't think we know which Sharon it was. Even if it was Boomer, I don't see how she could be pregnant. She hadn't seen Tyrol in nearly two years. The Cylons don't procreate with each other and Cylon women can only conceive if they find "true love."

eXXtended02

[75]Feb 6, 2007
    I know, that's why I was confused.

Guess I'll put it down as the pose and a trick of light (for now).