Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Dying Leader

tripping82

[1]Nov 10, 2008
    • level: 14

Something just occurred to me.

The scriptures that Roslin are going by state that "a dying leader will lead the people to earth". Roslin assumes this is her, as she is dying and is a leader but does or has there been any mention as to Bill Adama's part in the scripture. He is also a leader and should be in there, right?

Just food for thought but what if the scriptures are not about humans at all but cylons. What if a Cylon dying leader is to lead the people to Earth?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kondix

[2]Nov 10, 2008
    • level: 11
    Well... I would ask rather an other question... a dying leader... does this mean her death is fixed in destiny?
    Or can this dying leader be safed from death? All in all... she still is not dead... just a thought...

dragon755

[3]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 7
    I could be wrong but isn't it also stated that he/she will die before they reach Earth? So who would fit that example...?

AndreasOS

[4]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 6

Elosha said Pythia was "One of the oracles, in the sacred scrolls. 3,600 years ago, Pythia wrote about the exile and the rebirth of a human race. And the lords anointed a leader to guide the caravan of the heavens to their new homeland and unto the leader they gave a vision of serpents, numbering two and ten, as a sign of things to come." "She also wrote that the leader suffered a wasting disease and would not live to enter the new land." (Season 1 - Hand of God) One thing to note is that Earth is not mentioned directly, so the assumption that earth is the "New Land" is not immediately verifiable, and, to be honest, it looks like it is probably wrong...

Shame really. I was planning a "Welcome to Earth, People of the 12 Colonies" Party. Ah well.

dragon755

[5]Jan 11, 2009
    AndreasOS wrote:

Elosha said Pythia was "One of the oracles, in the sacred scrolls. 3,600 years ago, Pythia wrote about the exile and the rebirth of a human race. And the lords anointed a leader to guide the caravan of the heavens to their new homeland and unto the leader they gave a vision of serpents, numbering two and ten, as a sign of things to come." "She also wrote that the leader suffered a wasting disease and would not live to enter the new land." (Season 1 - Hand of God) One thing to note is that Earth is not mentioned directly, so the assumption that earth is the "New Land" is not immediately verifiable, and, to be honest, it looks like it is probably wrong...

Ah true. Well that makes a lot more sense to me now thank you. Actually one theory i've seen around is that the 'promise land' is a form of heaven (for want of a better example) so the dying leader would fit this example. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Also about the 'serpents numbering two and ten' we are shown that these were talking about the snakes roslin saw, however there seems to be a few options for this: eg. 12 cylons. or it could mean like 20. or 210. I think the roslin vision fits too easily for this show and i would like to see it become something else

Anyway to be honest i've given up trying to figure this one out, lol, I'm just going to wait now.

Edited on 01/11/2009 4:58am

player_three

[6]Jan 16, 2009

SPOILERS!!!!!

based on today's episode I came to the conclusion that the dying leader is starbuck.

Bionetic

[7]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 8
    Well, maybe the new land isn't a physical place, but a new idea. Maybe the new land is a time when Cylons and Humans live together in harmony. It's kinda like the concept in Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country. The Undiscovered Country isn't a place, butan idea. In addition, the promised land could be a new Caprica where humans and cylons can live together in harmony?

Bionetic

[8]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 8
    Also, I think the dying leader is still Roslin. The fact that she's still alive simply means they haven't reached the promised land yet.

scififan12921

[9]Jan 19, 2009
    • level: 6
    What if the dying leader is already dead? If Ellen is the fifth of the final five and she somehow helped flip the switch on the others to lead them to Earth it could've meant her all along. Crazy, I know but with the curves we've been thrown so far I won't discount anything.