Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Episode 2-13 "Epiphanies" (spoilers)

fcjd06

[41]Jan 24, 2006
    • level: 4
    jeva1287 wrote:
    That would be funny, but I find it unlikely. On the other hand what if when, and if, they arrive at Earth it turns out to be the cylon home world mentioned in the miniseries. If not I think that Earth will be set in the future like 5029 AD.

Tantalizing suggestions.
    Personally, I haven't ruled out the possibility that this all takes place in a time well before Earth's present day. Regardless, it will be interesting to see where (or when) this goes.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DocMartigan

[42]Jan 24, 2006
    • level: 5
    Got a question...

I take it the end of the episode means Baltar is now in full on "Bad Guy" mode?

I was so happy when he was like "I'm not who you think I am and I won't be responsible for handing over humanity" or whatever. I was rejoicing that he was finally "picking" a side and it was the humans... but oh boy. I still love the character, and hope he doesn't stay "evil." Although I am sure it will lead to some very interesting story lines.

monster_monster

[43]Jan 24, 2006
    • level: 35
    DocMartigan wrote:
    Got a question...

I take it the end of the episode means Baltar is now in full on "Bad Guy" mode?

I was so happy when he was like "I'm not who you think I am and I won't be responsible for handing over humanity" or whatever. I was rejoicing that he was finally "picking" a side and it was the humans... but oh boy. I still love the character, and hope he doesn't stay "evil." Although I am sure it will lead to some very interesting story lines.

I think his ego was somewhat hurt when he read the letter from the president. Further I think his intentions towards mankind is still good, but that he belives that he is the only one who can deal with the cylons.. and that the first thing he will always care about is himself

BisquickDynamo

[44]Jan 24, 2006
    • level: 2
    I don't think the letter was quite scathing enough to prompt Baltar's reaction. I think Adama did a good job of showing that he still doesn't take the Dr. seriously, but the letter should have been much different.

Parae434

[45]Jan 24, 2006
    • level: 9
    I agree, that letter definitly wasn't so scathing that it should have prompted Baltar to hand over the nuke. Tho, I do think its funny that he totally forgot that he had a nuclear weapon just hanging around somewhere.

danharr

[46]Jan 24, 2006
    • level: 45
    Great episode tying everything together and pushing the story along at the same time. I'm so glad Rosalyn didn't die and i'm glad for the subversives. It's nice when a story breaks from presenting factions in monolithic terms. Now if we can get some Cylons defecting from Cylon control. I hope Rosalyn's memories of Balthar prove to be troublesome for him in the future. I can't believe people aren't buying the cylon blood cure. Man nowadays people just aren't willing to imagine and let a good story tell itself. Finally the ending was great with Gina strong and ready to fight, with nuclear material too boot!

Stinkfoot71

[47]Jan 25, 2006
    • level: 1
    fcjd06 wrote:
    jeva1287 wrote:
    That would be funny, but I find it unlikely. On the other hand what if when, and if, they arrive at Earth it turns out to be the cylon home world mentioned in the miniseries. If not I think that Earth will be set in the future like 5029 AD.

Tantalizing suggestions.
    Personally, I haven't ruled out the possibility that this all takes place in a time well before Earth's present day. Regardless, it will be interesting to see where (or when) this goes.

I have been considering this. I think the writers give us a timeline, I'm not sure but I think they said the 13th colony was established 2000 years in the past or there abouts. I think it more then likely this coincides with the Archaic Period (750 - 500 BC), Classical Period (500-600bc), or the Hellenistic Period (336-146 BC) of Greek history. It would seem to be more then plausible given the reference to the greek gods throughtout the show. If that is the case then earth would be about where we are now. I think within 300 years of 2000ad is a resonable variance given the information they have already given us. The key to this is when was the 13th colony established? I can't remember when in the show I heard 2000 years in the past. Anyone else have some thoughts or info on this?

Parae434

[48]Jan 25, 2006
    Where did you find this out, i mean have the producers/any one associated with the show ever come out and said this?

Stinkfoot71

[49]Jan 25, 2006
    • level: 1
    its just pure speculation, a guess based on what I know, think I know, and am mistaken about. When i said I think the writers give us a timeline, I ment with hints about things in the show, not a press release P

FrakkingFrakker

[50]Jan 26, 2006
    • level: 28
    This post is in reference to the bits about the "dying" leader role that Roslin is playing. Yes, it said she dies. The fact that is wasn't the cancer that killed her, adds an air of unpredictability to things. Isn't it great? Now it could be anything that kills her.

The prophecy explicitly mentioned the dying leader would take them to Kobol, find the tomb and lead them to Earth...she's done all that, so her not being the object of the prophecy is a shaky theory at best. Therefore of what we know, She has to die before they reach Earth, we all thought it was cancer...but now, it could come at any moment. I'm happy about that prospect.

I'm not a Roslin hater. I don't particularly want to see her die anytime soon. But, I do enjoy shows that don't mind killing off major characters from time to time. It's better for the actors...Job security is highly overrated.

On to Baltar...except I've forgotten what I was going to say.I'll have to post that one when I remember it.

Parae434

[51]Jan 26, 2006
    i think they did this so that in the last episode they can kill adama because *shock* the prophecy was about him the whole time.

Kounji

[52]Jan 27, 2006
    • level: 2
    Redbird89 wrote:
    Posted Earlier

"And then suddenly, a lot of the logic that we have come to understand in terms of overall plot may feel a bit shaken. "A dying leader ... " - no more?"

Actually that still holds true. She "was" a dying leader. The prophecy never actually said that she WOULD die.

I had an arguement with my gf over that awhile back ago... now that I hear everyone else saying it she was totally right. I owe her

ziel7

[53]Feb 12, 2006
    • level: 10
    Kounji wrote:
    Redbird89 wrote:
    Posted Earlier

"And then suddenly, a lot of the logic that we have come to understand in terms of overall plot may feel a bit shaken. "A dying leader ... " - no more?"

Actually that still holds true. She "was" a dying leader. The prophecy never actually said that she WOULD die.

I had an arguement with my gf over that awhile back ago... now that I hear everyone else saying it she was totally right. I owe her

i know its very late and maybe this is old news (i just finished watching that episode):
    but she actually died in that episode.
    after the injection, she was shaking and then she was dead for ~7 seconds. ([170mb] version of mininova, 34:13 - 34:20).
    you can clearly her the long peep (of the ?heart-machine?) that is used when the heart stops working.
    again, excuse me if this subject was on the table in another thread, but before seeing 2x16 i will not read threads with possible spoilers