Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Episode 2-16 "Sacrifice" (spoilers)

BattlestarQ

[61]Feb 18, 2006
    • level: 8
    Of course the Press will obsess over a Republican making a boo boo. The major netwoks and newspapers are democraticly controlled and anytime a Republican Farts or Burps its all over the networks. But when a republican does good for the country The networks are covering something else. Its a shame these days those that watch the major news channels for news dont realise they are getting a democratic point of view. Same with many major newspapers. In my area Newsday and the daily news are democratically controlled. and their readers are getting a democratic opionion in their reading. Remember when Clinton Cheated with monika? that got less air time than Chaneys boo boo.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

trackstarbuck

[62]Feb 19, 2006
    • level: 10
    DoctorElect wrote:
    Dubius_Status wrote:
    God, what if Baltar shoots Starbuck accidentally, then refuses to inform Roslin and the Press for the next 24 hours?? Season finale, anyone?

Then the Press will completely obssess over it. Apparently a hunting accident is more important than murder, war, sex, and more sex(all news on any major network today can be traced back to these sources).

LOL!

ps:thats a very interesting idea. i like it, but kara can`t die. OMG!-kara can be put in sick bay, and lee will thinks shes gonna die, but she won`t. and he`ll relize his luv for her! YAY! i like it!

Dubius_Status

[63]Feb 19, 2006
    • level: 4
    Not that I want to turn this into a political discussion, but...

BattlestarQ writes:

Of course the Press will obsess over a Republican making a boo boo.

This is a bit more than a boo-boo. And the long delay in releasing any information is symptomatic of the administration's obsession over spin. Even Ari Fleischer said the affair was bungled, and he used to be the Bush White House Press Secretary.

The major netwoks and newspapers are democraticly controlled and anytime a Republican Farts or Burps its all over the networks.

And I suppose Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly are illustrious unknowns? Puh-leaze. Everytime the media criticizes the administration, Republicans scream 'bias!' As if it is the job of the media to quietly nod and accept everything they are told at face value. If that were the case, Nixon would still be hailed as a great president.

Fact is, conservative media outlets are alive and well, and step over the line beyond all reason. You may not like Michael Moore, but last I heard, he didn't call for a Supreme Court justice to be poisoned, as Ann Coulter did.

As for Fox, they aren't reporting news so much as acting as a Propaganda machine for the White House. No wonder officials keep giving them exclusive interviews.

When a republican does good for the country The networks are covering something else.

They were covering something else when the Administration was busy making up a case for war. The so called 'liberal media' was so scared of being seen as unpatriotic that they remained silent. Numerous questions were not asked or answered, and look where we are now.

Remember when Clinton Cheated with monika? that got less air time than Chaneys boo boo.

At this point, I can only conclude that you are a frequent user of illicit substances (or lying through your teeth). Monika was easily the biggest story of his presidency. And it was a bogus one. Cheating on your wife is not a crime, but Republicans impeached him for it. Meanwhile Bush gets away with making a bogus case for war, and passes the buck on every failiure of his administration.

Bush is Baltar, without the brains and charm.
    Edited on 02/19/2006 9:08pm

Kounji

[64]Feb 20, 2006
    • level: 2
    Im2Crazy4U wrote:
    I just saw the episode.

I do have to agree I don't see why Billy had to die. I don't think Lee should be with Dee. Adama should have sent the calvary in as soon as shots were fired.

I see a lot people b!tching and whining in this thread about the quality of the season. Why are so many of you shocked that this season is different than the first. Season 1 was about survival. Season 2 is about life on the edge and civil wars that usually start in these situations.

I'm quite enjoying this season as something totally different that last season. I have no problem with the writers suddenly throwing in back stories as there is only so much time per episode, and a ton of characters in this show.

If you don't like this season, have you thought about not watching it?

I think what most people are having issues with is the current flow and momentum of the series. Lets step back *makes a diagram* Okay so we had the mini series very slow in the beginnning part. The second part picks up and is very action packed.. the intrigue steps in we're learning back stories relationships are being formed.. very cool stuff. Season one starts. We have 33 which is a very strange first episode t o have but it gives a nice preview of what to expect from the regular series. The entire season picks apart different characters starbuck and apollo's past gaius baltars role in the post cylon attack world. Roslin's prophecy. Adama's and Roslins's head butting at the end of the season and that excellent season finale adding up to adama's possible death. For a first season it did a great job of giving us reasons to care about most of the characters before we threw the big hurdle at them. A possible answer to all their problems but so many more trials for them to go through. Season 2 picked up from where season one left off.. the first episode almost like a part three. FOr the next 7 episodes from scattered all the way to home part 2 there was continuing plot line that didn't feel like a ton of isolated stories it was a continuing narrative. It was very tense at times and made many of us want to come back to watch it. A stream of really well written episodes . the only slow episode that wasn't quite as good was resistance out of that group but the rest were excellent. Then you had two filler episodes but they were both very creative filler episodes. Final Cut was a nice look at galacticas crew from an outsiders point of view and did a good job of fleshing out some lesser characters.. or at least showing the different moods and pressures of the crew and had a nice twist at the end. The next episode flight of the phoenix was a very touching episode about a tech who was down on his luck and instead of letting his anger consume him brought the whole ship together with the making of one ship. There was also the main plot with sharon that revealed some of her abilities. ANd then there was pegasus which brought about one of my favorite science fictions characters ever in female admiral cain. The tension in the three episode miniseries was excellent it opened up the possiblity that perhaps the humans were just as bad as the cylons and it showed just how far adama was willing to go for his crew. But then after that you get these filler episodes... an apollo one a roslin one, a starbuck one, a situationial episode, an apollo episode. But suddenly that big narrative from the beginning of the season has lost steam and its like we're trying to capture the magic from the first season. There were a few glaring issues.. there were the flash backs

the only one that worked was the roslin one cause it was tied into a decision she would ultimately make later and a possible allusion to gaius being a potential traitor. The apollo flashback and the prostitute relationship back ground doesn't work for me. They should have at least mentioned the girl friend way earlier in the series. Starbuck hadn't said a thing about anders since pegasus. which kind of comes out of no where. To the series credit though i think what the these episodes did serve to do was to answer some of the questions posed by resurrecton ship and gave a t least Apollo, Starbuck, Roslin, and Baltar and even Adama some greater purpose, some guts and a little bit more intruige in the episodes to come and hopefully some really great tv.

In closing I think just these last 5 episodes broke the great last two story arcs that we went through on the series an d we were all reeling but I think the series is poised to go back to that season 2.0 height.

Kounji

[65]Feb 20, 2006
    • level: 2
    Oh yeah and this was a great thinking episode when it comes to terrorism and what we should expect of our government. This kind of stuff is what forums are for