Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Episode 2-19 "Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 1" (spoilers)

123home123

[1]Mar 1, 2006
    • level: 55
    This is the beginning of the two and a half part season finale, featuring a surprise from the Cylons. Next week's episode will be 90-minutes long, so be sure to reset your VCRs or DVRs if necessary.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DocMartigan

[2]Mar 2, 2006
    • level: 5
    Shouldn't the DVR know it is going to be a 90 min episode?

123home123

[3]Mar 2, 2006
    I'm not sure. When I schedule the show, it sets a specific day and time period. I've read on some forums here that people had problems with these longer episodes. Different cable companies may have different DVR setups. It's best to double check in any case.

DocMartigan

[4]Mar 3, 2006
    Thanks!

Also, AICN.com has a large synopsis for the episode with HEAVY spoilers here

They also confirm a 3rd Season has been greenlit (if that's news?)

SPOILERS:
    It is interesting to me, that when I first heard that the Cylons would be offering a truce in exchange for procreation, I was sure it was a trap. But after seeing "Downloaded" and hearing Caprica Six and Boomer talk about how attacking the humans was wrong... hmm, who knows.n

birdman8159

[5]Mar 4, 2006
    • level: 14
    Was I watching the same episode as the rest of you guys? There was NO peace offering at all in this episode and if it was then I did not see or hear ANYTHING about that. Is the peace offering in the next episode?

sassy_eggs

[6]Mar 4, 2006
    • level: 45
    birdman8159 wrote:
    Was I watching the same episode as the rest of you guys? There was NO peace offering at all in this episode and if it was then I did not see or hear ANYTHING about that. Is the peace offering in the next episode?

I guess that comes after the 'To Be Continued...' part.

Pity. I was looking forward to seeing it. Oh well... 90 minute ep next week. Sure to be more interesting.

Redbird89

[7]Mar 4, 2006
    • level: 7
    This was a very well written and acted episode. One of the best in the whole series IMO. The music during the first 8 minutes of the show was amazing!

heavensblade

[8]Mar 4, 2006
    • level: 8
    Good episode, can't wait until part 2. Most intense scene was when Tyrol smashed Cally. Also, I'm probably being paranoid but I think the so called 'priest' is a cylon. He says he is a cylon jokingly when he tells Tyrol that Tyrol is human but he said it in a way that makes me think he's a cylon, if that makes any sense. Nice to see Gaeta getting some scenes too.

Anyway, can't wait until next week and, potentially, a lot more Sharon scenes.

birdman8159

[9]Mar 4, 2006
    • level: 14
    It's not exactly 90 minutes but more like 60... which is good either way.

I don't think that the priest is a Cylon.
    I think Tyrol is human. He is probably just worried because he is not sure if he is a human or a "sleeper". He knows that Boomer, whom they thought was there best friend, was in fact a Cylon all along. He isn't sure weather or not he is cylon or not.
    I really enjoyed the conversation between the two though. The episode was nicely written by Ronald D. More.

Knavehart

[10]Mar 4, 2006
    • level: 12
    heavensblade wrote:
    Good episode, can't wait until part 2. Most intense scene was when Tyrol smashed Cally. Also, I'm probably being paranoid but I think the so called 'priest' is a cylon. He says he is a cylon jokingly when he tells Tyrol that Tyrol is human but he said it in a way that makes me think he's a cylon, if that makes any sense. Nice to see Gaeta getting some scenes too.

Anyway, can't wait until next week and, potentially, a lot more Sharon scenes.

I totally agree that Dean Stockwell's character is a Cylon, a number 1, maybe even THE no. 1.

FrakkingFrakker

[11]Mar 4, 2006
    • level: 28
    I'm willing to give it the benefit of speculation. But I'm of the mind Dean Stockwell is not a cylon. First there is the relative age of the already revealed cylon skin bags (which may be a fan created criteria.)

The next part on that is...what purpose would it serve? I suppose his attitude toward the human gods may be a little too...something, but the cylons have as yet not shown any interest in destabilizing the humans through religion. All of a sudden they're going to go micro- genocidal and help crew members have mental breakdowns?

It just seems a little implausible to me...and out of character for the cylons to make him a viable candidate.

(Yes, there may be value in figuring out how people felt about the sleeper agents they've used....but, I didn't get that was his goal.)

So, could he be? Yes. Is he? Not in my mind.

danharr

[12]Mar 4, 2006
    Nice little build up for the season finale but that's about all I can say for this one. The whole political debate was weak as opposed to the political intrigue it was meant to be. Going back to Caprica to rescue the resistance had a predictable outcome and the new planet fervor wasn't played up enough IMO. Oh well i'm sure next week will pack the punch i'm looking for.

DocMartigan

[13]Mar 5, 2006
    Really slow episode.

ICE0ne

[14]Mar 5, 2006
    • level: 10
    i hope a new cylon gets revealed next week even if it's not the priest. i was so hoping to see one last week in downloaded. they need to shake things up some more=]
    Edited on 03/05/2006 8:45pm

sassy_eggs

[15]Mar 6, 2006
    ICE0ne wrote:
    i hope a new cylon gets revealed next week even if it's not the priest. i was so hoping to see one last week in downloaded. they need to shake things up some more=]

Couldn't agree more. And it did seem a bit like they were moving towards that.

I did find it odd that we didn't see any other models in Downloaded.

DocMartigan

[16]Mar 6, 2006
    The last three episodes have been "good" or "OK", but really not good enough since the season is 1 episode away from being over. Nothing much has changed, not many surprises...

doofman2

[17]Mar 6, 2006
    • level: 16
    If Dean Stockwell is #1, then who's gonna be #2? I have one word for you:

Bakula.

Sp00nz

[18]Mar 6, 2006
    • level: 6
    In the podcast of ep2-19 RDM states that the second part is a reach and one that he pushed for. He's setting himself up to take the fall if fans dont react positively, and to take the credit if they do. Exactly what this means Im not sure, but i think its safe to say that there is going to be some huge revelation of the mind blowing kind.

He also says that he believes they need to shake up existing perceptions to keep the story fresh, and i gotta agree. If anyone in sci-fi knows what they're doing, its ronald moore.

Will a main character be revealed to be a cylon? Maybe they'll find another colonial warship or the some cylons themselves might defect as a result of the story arcs in 'downloaded'

Whatever happens its gunna be big.

Pedroff

[19]Mar 6, 2006
    • level: 6
    This episode was ok but the best one is still "Downloaded".

123home123

[20]Mar 23, 2006
    doofman2 wrote:
    If Dean Stockwell is #1, then who's gonna be #2? I have one word for you:

Bakula.

No! You revealed the biggest spoiler of them all:
    Captain Archer is a Cylon.