Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Episode 2-20 "Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 2" discussion (spoilers)

qwed88

[41]Mar 11, 2006
    • level: 2
    I loved the whole "One year later" thing.
    It was shocking but it also opens up allot of new paths for the show to take.
    The whole thing just reafirms my opinion that this show has more "Balls" than any show on now or in the past ten years.
    You know the writers must have one hell of a season 3 in store for us, with a very risky move like that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

volko

[42]Mar 11, 2006
    • level: 6
    Whole episode very good, liked it very much. i liked the scene where the pyschartrist(s)(SP) were talking. Then getting back to the Fraker Baltar. Now that Fraking idiot is responsible for the second time for bringing down the human colonies, and still the Fraking idiot looked like he didn't care about the fact that the entire race was going to be enslaved, but the blonde woman. I really want to see him tortured badly right now. What a Fraking idiot, cause the human race to wipe out twice now!!!

DocMartigan

[43]Mar 11, 2006
    • level: 5
    It's "frakking"

"fraking" would make it sound like "raking"

Normally wouldn't pick on that, but you used it in just about every sentence.

volko

[44]Mar 11, 2006
    excuse my ehthusiasm! but it really doesn't matter as long as everyone knows that i am saying frakker.

But yeah THE FRAKKING IDIOT!!!! all cause of him twice!!! I mean throughout the whole 2 season the frakker was drugged, drunk, and having sex with the blonde woman. How does someone who has only acted like a sex pupet for 2 season even remotely consider running for president. I am very happy with the ending and was pratically laughing at Baltar's face at his expressions, when he found out the fleet had jumped, because throughout the episode he acted like a cocky frakker ordering Adama around. So i am assuming Chief Tyrol, is married to Cally and the baby is his, surprising, because because for truth i am still big fan of Sharon and Tyrol, but then again she is a Cylon. 1 year thing, liked it, and since this episode was very good, it is pretty sure already that the season opener will also be very exciting, and will hopefully answer all the questions. I felt sorry for the people that we know are left on the planet, but i was kind of glad when Adama and Adama jumped their ships, look on Baltar's face just priceless. THE FRAKKING IDIOT!!!!!
    Edited on 03/11/2006 8:50pm
    Edited 2 total times.

JeronimoJackson

[45]Mar 11, 2006
    • level: 1
    123home123 wrote:
    Uhh, a little bad news here. GateWorld is reporting that the Season Three premiere is now scheduled for October. Yes, you read that right. Sci Fi Channel made the announcement today.

/shoots self

X0TiC

[46]Mar 11, 2006
    • level: 4
    im still waiting for him to wake up. i couldn't believe how things turned up. from the moment he gets to sleep till the end i was hopping that he was dreamming all this..
    i mean things didn't turn up that good....

3dot14_basic

[47]Mar 12, 2006
    X0TiC wrote:
    im still waiting for him to wake up. i couldn't believe how things turned up. from the moment he gets to sleep till the end i was hopping that he was dreamming all this..

Amen,

As much as I respect the show for undercutting viewer expectations. I cannot see how the show can possibly recover and continue from this point. Season 3 could bring a lot of action during the intervening 380 days. But where to afterwards? I am not sure I am interesting in seeing a ground-based resistance show a la Red Dawn.

This has to be a vision, this has to be a vision...

p.s. still have to listen to the podcase. maybe there will be some thing planned yet.

trackstarbuck

[48]Mar 12, 2006
    • level: 10
    Starbuck is still starbuck, and she always will be so I`m fine with ithe conclusion. Can`t wait until next seaon though!

matrimdt

[49]Mar 12, 2006
    Man, Lee got old in a year.

Ever since Downloaded I've though things would end in a Cylon civil war. The followers of Six and Eight versus those who still believe in the one true God.

And things could still turn out like this.

Pedroff

[50]Mar 12, 2006
    The new season should be frackin good.

DoctorElect

[51]Mar 12, 2006
    • level: 7
    3dot14_basic wrote:
    X0TiC wrote:

Amen,

As much as I respect the show for undercutting viewer expectations. I cannot see how the show can possibly recover and continue from this point. Season 3 could bring a lot of action during the intervening 380 days. But where to afterwards? I am not sure I am interesting in seeing a ground-based resistance show a la Red Dawn.

p.s. still have to listen to the podcase. maybe there will be some thing planned yet.

According to an article the occupation story line will last for five episodes and then everything will get relatively back to normal.

DoctorElect

[52]Mar 12, 2006
    3dot14_basic wrote:
    X0TiC wrote:

Amen,

According to an article the occupation story line will last for five episodes and then everything will get relatively back to normal.

fcjd06

[53]Mar 12, 2006
    • level: 4
    volko wrote:
    ...Now that Fraking idiot is responsible for the second time for bringing down the human colonies, and still the Fraking idiot looked like he didn't care about the fact that the entire race was going to be enslaved, but the blonde woman. I really want to see him tortured badly right now. What a Fraking idiot, cause the human race to wipe out twice now!!!

I would also reserve some blame for the people that elected Baltar as President because by doing so, they chose to settle on New Caprica. In the end, however, I must add a note of concurrence with volko on the matter of Baltar: what a fraking idiot!

edmorita

[54]Mar 13, 2006
    • level: 22
    matrimdt wrote:
    Ever since Downloaded I've though things would end in a Cylon civil war. The followers of Six and Eight versus those who still believe in the one true God.

And things could still turn out like this.

I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but I'm wondering if we are kind of jumping the gun with this whole occupation thing. What if a there was a Cylon civil war, and Six and Eight have come to New Caprica to form an alliance with the humans? A possibility, but I think this is highly unlikely.

volko

[55]Mar 13, 2006
    Those two were still the same, however, surprising why they have come. Through the way they sounded, it didn't look like they were going to let the humans live peacefully they are going to imprison them. Hopefully they'll explain what changed their opinion. Plus this had to happen, if they just went away the show's main story line is gone. FRAKKING BALTAR TWICE NOW!!!

Jammet

[56]Mar 13, 2006
    Maybe the cylons realised that their plan and campaign against the humans indeed had a flaw. That flaw being the eradication of all humans on the planets. Or near-extinction.

The cylons built farms to harvest human parts and babies. Maybe all they need is humans. Lots and lots of humans. For whatever purpose.

So, the cylons would be more than happy to lure humans into a peace treaty and/or have them settle down on a planet, lay down their burdens, relax, dull out ...

And when the time is right, close the trap and have a good full supply of humans. For ... whatever it is they want to do with them. Parts for more cylon (manufactoring), more babies, more experiments, more goo to fill the Raiders with, food or energy, whatever.

I do not believe that Nr. 6 and 8 back from Caprica at here. Perhaps they're doing something good somewhere but when those "Priest"-cylon models actually told Adama and Roslin that those models existed and have a lot of influence I take it all with more than a grain of salt. It is just another deception to lure the remaining humans into settling down. If you watch this model closely you'll notice.

"And they have a plan" ... what if that plan is having several planets filled with humans at their disposal?
    Edited on 03/13/2006 7:46am
    Edited 2 total times.

xbrax

[57]Mar 13, 2006
    Jammet wrote:
    Maybe the cylons realised that their plan and campaign against the humans indeed had a flaw. That flaw being the eradication of all humans on the planets. Or near-extinction.

The cylons built farms to harvest human parts and babies. Maybe all they need is humans. Lots and lots of humans. For whatever purpose.

"And they have a plan" ... what if that plan is having several planets filled with humans at their disposal?

Sounds a little bit too much like Matrix for my taste. Machines harvesting humans that is, I hope the writers has something more original in mind.

psadle

[58]Mar 13, 2006
    • level: 14
    Am i alone in really liking the new chrome job on the cylons?

jeva1287

[59]Mar 13, 2006
    • level: 9
    You know what, cylon enslavement might be better than Baltar's presidency. Hell, they might have supplies and medicines that they are willing to share. With some stipulation of coarse, like converting to the cylon monotheistic religion. Just a thought.
    Oh yea, I officially hate Baltar although I do not wish for him to leave the show.

jcastro20111

[60]Mar 13, 2006
    DoctorElect wrote:

I don't see a way to evac 40,000 men, women, and children off of a planet occupied by a large number of military grade cylons without a great deal of help from the cylons themselves.

Possible plans to rescue the 40,000 people from the planet:

- Use my supply of Nukes to come up with a radiation weapon which would disable the cylons (like the cylon in the wepons depot during the mini), and recover my people at that time.

- Attempt to negotiate with the cylons aboard the Brig.

Anyways, things look real grim. With only skeleton crews aboard all the ships in the fleet, and everyone planetside with the cylons breathing down their necks, it aint gonna be pretty.