Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Even more Battlestar on the way?

123home123

[1]May 17, 2008
    • level: 55
    Maureen Ryan of The Chicago Tribune reports that there will be new webisodes to be released during the midseason break. In addition, there is discussion going on at the Sci Fi Channel about the possibility of filming three (yes, THREE!) Battlestar Galactica telemovies. Nothing has been set yet but if those movies are made this summer, they would cover events from previous seasons, like "Battlestar Galactica: Razor."

Another good reason (or three) to keep promoting the show and getting your friends, significant others and family to watch. If we can keep the ratings up, that will provide more incentive for the Sci Fi Channel and NBC Universal to go through with these telemovies. Keep your fingers crossed!
    Edited on 05/17/2008 11:55am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kondix

[2]May 17, 2008
    • level: 11
    Maaan... I so think this is a frakkin great idea... this thought of three telemovies has to now bring me through two weeks of no BSG. I actually would hope they would end the show with a "mini-series like" tele-movie. Couse Razor was cool... but three movies about stuff from the past is too much... make it one telemovie about past events (New Caprica Era before Cylon-occupation has some potential) AND make two tele-movies as the final showdown Well my whishfull thinking...
    Edited on 05/17/2008 12:15pm

domsinthehouse

[3]May 17, 2008
    • level: 1
    I'd love to see more of the original Cylon era... But I'm not sure how much they can squeeze out of fitting things into past events that we've already been through... I love the thought of more telemovies though, as long as it covers new ground... But didn't I read that Katee Sackhoff said that after this season she would be done with Starbuck for good and wouldn't reprise the character for any films and the likes?

gabfan31

[4]May 17, 2008
    • level: 100
    I've been loaning my seasons one and two DVD sets out to everyone I can, and they've all fallen in love with the show, so hopefully word of mouth and such will provide the necessary incentive to the Sci-Fi Channel to carry on with this as we all want them to.

hazelnut144

[5]May 18, 2008
    • level: 8
    That would be AMAZING. So webisodes and tv movies to ease us through the (potentially year-long) break? Well okay, personally I would prefer that they finish the show first AND THEN do the telemovies, but this is definitely better than nothing. I wonder what kind of past events they would cover? Someone suggested New Caprica pre-Occupation, and that's a possibility. Story of the Olympic Carrier? I know that RDM would love to establish that the ship was full of people when it blew up. He had this huge argument with the network in order to put in this one shadow after they wouldn't let him put hundreds of screaming people at the windows, or something like that. I think there is a deleted scene somewhere of Lee obsessing over the gun-camera footage with Kara. Cylons on Caprica? Like what happens between "Downloaded" and "Lay Down All Your Burdens Pt 2"? That could actually be pretty interesting.

Lei_K

[6]May 18, 2008
    • level: 11
    gabfan31 wrote:
    I've been loaning my seasons one and two DVD sets out to everyone I can, and they've all fallen in love with the show, so hopefully word of mouth and such will provide the necessary incentive to the Sci-Fi Channel to carry on with this as we all want them to.

Same here! I finally got season 1 back after it going on a tour around Colorado with different friends, now we're moving on to season 2 and 3. They all love the show as soon as I get them to watch the mini-series... I think all BSG fans should keep talking and lending those dvds!

Kender92

[7]May 18, 2008
    • level: 3

That sounds absolutely amazing. I don't care what they do as long as I get more Battlestar Galactica. Anyway of prolonging it is good. But a New Caprica (pre or during Occupation) movie would be nice because it was my favourite part of the series so far. Or maybe they could show what happened to Starbuck after her plane blew up in Maelstrom.Watch Supernatural Thursdays at 9 on the CW

weirdaaron

[8]May 18, 2008

domsinthehouse wrote:
    I'd love to see more of the original Cylon era... But I'm not sure how much they can squeeze out of fitting things into past events that we've already been through...

If your talking about the first Cylon war, the new seires Caprica(in production now) will cover that.

Anyway, It would be very neat to have telemovies.

MichaudMR

[9]May 19, 2008
    • level: 17

I am cautiously optimistic about the prospect of having more BSG(2003).

Sometimes you can mine a concept too deeply and play it out as Paramount discovered with Star Trek. So far I believe we've every right to have faith that Mr. Moore and company will continue to deliver, but there is always the possibility that the studio will trade quality for quantity by bringing in more production staff and diluting the formula.

nickvog

[10]May 24, 2008
    It would be a BRILLIANT idea !!!!

This sci-fi show is SO FRAKKING AMAZING !!!!

It would be really shame to stop the saga...

hazelnut144

[11]May 25, 2008
    • level: 8
    Kender92 wrote:

That sounds absolutely amazing. I don't care what they do as long as I get more Battlestar Galactica. Anyway of prolonging it is good. But a New Caprica (pre or during Occupation) movie would be nice because it was my favourite part of the series so far. Or maybe they could show what happened to Starbuck after her plane blew up in Maelstrom.

I have a feeling that we're not going to figure out what happened to Starbuck until pretty near the end of the season, so if these are coming during the midseason hiatus, I doubt they would delve into what happened to Kara. But who knows.

h00plah

[12]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 10
    I honestly would love seeing these "tele-movies" come out. Even on DVD, I would still buy them. You can never get enough Battlestar Galactica. I hope they go through with this, and hopefully release them before Caprica airs.