Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Explanation

cyberentity

[1]Feb 21, 2009
    • level: 10

I am a bit confused about those few points and i am not sure if they were explained in the last couple of episodes or not, so if anyone can help me with them it would be very much appreciated.

1- I don't get who attacked the original cylons, where they humans or an another type of A.I. created by them?

2- If the 13th tribe (the cylon tribe) split from the original 12 thousands of years ago, does this mean that the humans created advanced cylons thousands of years ago, but then somehow regressed technologically?

3- Did they state that the 13th tribe was pure cylons with no humans at all? (if it was mixed or originally completely human, then it could be the 13th tribe humans who initiated the cylon genocide on earth which would be much more logical and could explain a lot of things, also it could mean that there still is an existing human civilization somewhere)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Idbeolderifiwas

[2]Feb 21, 2009
    • level: 20
    I'm not sure what happened on Earth but if I were to guess I would say that they created Toasters and they rebelled (I have no reason to believe this is true other than the fact that I don't know what else it could be )
    2/3)I'm fairly certain that the 13th tribe was always fully Cylon. I guess that means that the humans had created Cylons in that time as well, but instead of destroying their creators they left them for somewhere else. The Cylons did leave Kobol long before the Humans left for the colonies so It's completely possible that during that time, not to mention their long journey to the 12 colonies and a few more thousand years after that they had just forgotten that the 13th tribe were Cylons. The Scrolls are the only thing they had to go by so they had no reason to believe that the 13th tribe were anything but humans.

Idbeolderifiwas

[3]Feb 21, 2009

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Thirteenth_Tribe_(RDM)

Click the link to get a good explaination of most of the things you need to know about the 13th tribe (it also says that the 13th tribe on Earth created Toaster Cylons like I thought)

cyberentity

[4]Feb 22, 2009
    • level: 10

Thanks for the link, this is mostly what I understood too, I just thought that it made no sense for cylons to create an inferior centurions race and for that race to have the conviction and causality to rebel against their fellow machines, but in retrospect this could explain that in an episode a while back when the 6s removed the A.I. blockers from their centurions Cavil seemed horrified and told them you have no idea what you have done, as cavil seems to be the only model that knows the story of the original five and their origin.

Also does this mean that there is an another race of centurions out there that is an enemy of the original five and of course their creation; the new models

Idbeolderifiwas

[5]Feb 22, 2009
    I would guess that the reason behind creating Centurions is that they wanted a "Working" Class sort of thing. So they could leave the Centurions to the hard work and go on living their lives (When will the people in this frakked up universe decide to NOT give their Robots Sentience? )

123home123

[6]Feb 22, 2009
    • level: 55
    Idbeolderifiwas wrote:

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Thirteenth_Tribe_(RDM)

Click the link to get a good explaination of most of the things you need to know about the 13th tribe (it also says that the 13th tribe on Earth created Toaster Cylons like I thought)

Since when did they change the skins on Battlestar Wiki? That yellow background scheme is awful. I used to have my preferences set to the white background. (The dark skin makes it too difficult to see anything.)

Anyway, the footnotes in that article point out some of the timeline discrepancies, whether the 13th Tribe had left Kobol 2000 or 4000 years ago. This is why I haven't got too caught up in the details of the ancient history of the Colonials. I don't think every detail was planned out ahead of time and some elements have had to be changed to fit the new storylines. I'm more interested in the fate of the current fleet and civilization and how their personal stories get resolved. But it'll still be interesting to see how everything ties into the "All this has happened before and it will happen again" mantra by the end of the series.

psychickiller

[7]Feb 23, 2009
    • level: 9
    Yeah, that yellow is horribly shiny. Argh I can't... stop... looking...

Page closed, so back on topic. The link summed it up, except for the deal with the years, which keep me confused - although it doesn't really matter if the 13th tribe left 3000 or 4000 years ago.