TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Favorite Couple? (spoilers)

Which couple is your favorite?

mfirefly10

[1]Apr 7, 2008
    • level: 6

Pick yours!

While I like MANY of BSG's couples, the choice was easy for me. The relationship between Helo & Sharon(Athena) was the reason I fell in love with this show. Even though I've come to appreciate it for it's depth, darkness, complexity, and heart, I would not love it as much as I do were it not for this relationship.

I wish I could've included more couples in the poll, but it only allowed me 5 choices, so if you favorite is not among them, simply choose other and feel free to elaborate in a message.

Edited on 05/03/2008 12:19am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Idbeolderifiwas

[2]Apr 7, 2008
    • level: 20
    I like Baltar's and Six's, because they don't really have a relationship. It's all in Baltar's head, and yet it seems so real to both him and the audience that sometimes we forget that she isn't really there.

ebony_kunoichi

[3]Apr 8, 2008
    • level: 13

I cant stand Helo and Sharon. I think he should have put a bullet in that frakking toaster!

I love Adama and Roslin. I like how she shacking up in his crib because she is sick...yeah riiiight! They are my fav couple.

I like Starbuck and Apollo, but...Dee is my girl and she has stood by Lee through his meltdowns, mentally and physically. Starbuck just ran away from Lee when he got too close. Dee is very much in love with Lee and is the long suffering wife. I wouldnt mind seeing Anders and Dee.

The_Beekeeper

[4]Apr 19, 2008
    • level: 10
    Apollo and Starbuck all the way. So messed up, and sexually agressive.

kruptedseed

[5]Apr 19, 2008
    • level: 11
    Well i have to go with Helo and Athena. They've had to fight harder then anyone in the fleet to be together.

JalineTV

[6]Apr 19, 2008
    • level: 18
    Helo & Sharon.

Mainly because they were one of the first couples to have to REALLY fight for each other, and pretty much were a turning point about thinking about how cylons and humans can have relationships.

tribalchic

[7]Apr 21, 2008
    • level: 17

though i like starbuck/anders/apollo as individual characters i cannot stand the whole love "who will she pick" triangle.

im a gaius/six fan just because thats one of the most unique relationships i've ever seen on tv.

palpatine19

[8]Apr 21, 2008
    • level: 5
    Baltar and Six all the way, it seems the most pure!!, and their the only couple i would actually like to watch frak...can you imagine Roslin and Adama..i think i just puked in my mouth a little bit...

brain05

[9]Apr 21, 2008
    • level: 15
    The Chief and Callie...but that's kind of ruined now.

Ahny

[10]Apr 21, 2008
    • level: 34
    I can't stand Chief and Callie, mainly because I love(d) the Chief with Boomer . . . I can't help it, they were so cute! I gotta admit Kara and Lee kinda rock too.

brain05

[11]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 15
    I never really liked Boomer. I thought the Chief and Cally just went well together. I'm really dissapointed they killed her. She didn't deserve that.

adiav

[12]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 8
    The_Beekeeper wrote:

Hear hear. Though, Starbuck and Anders for the same reasons, but different. Back on Caprica, when they first got together, they had such a sweet dynamic (see the scene in the bedroom when it's first revealed they're a couple, the teasing they give each other).

And there's a part of me that thinks that Apollo's too much of a good guy for Starbuck, who's so much a bad girl.

Vincent2013

[13]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 7
    Me and Natalie, no just kidding(sort of) but I like Athena and Helo, its just the whole Cylon human, the parents of the first hybrid, a very good power couple.

xxTuMamixx

[15]Apr 26, 2008
    • level: 10
    The_Beekeeper wrote:

DEEDO!!!!

kok_warlock

[16]Apr 26, 2008
    They should throw both Helo and Boomer out of an airlock, specially Helo, damn they are annoying.

Definitely Baltar and Six and after Adama and Laura.

adiav

[17]Apr 26, 2008
    • level: 8
    kok_warlock wrote:
    They should throw both Helo and Boomer out of an airlock, specially Helo, damn they are annoying.

Definitely Baltar and Six and after Adama and Laura.

I've nothing against Helo (in fact I think he's rather sweet), except for the fact that he slouches terribly! Especially for a military man (look at him at the end of 4x02, with Adama, it's atrocious!).

Frak, I sound like my mother.

mialza

[18]Apr 26, 2008
    • level: 14

I liked Chief and Callie the most. It ended up as the most tragic. First Tyrol loses it because he thinks he might be a Cylon, then they make up get married and have a kid, then she almost dies on New Caprica, then he turns out to actually be a Cylon and start ignoring her, finally she loses her mind and gets murdered. It's like it was destined to fail but they tried anyway.

Of the relationships listed, I like Helo and Sharon the most because the seem to have the only genuine relationship and they fought hard to keep it. Helo is quickly becoming my favorite character since he seems to be the only person left with a genuine soul and still cares about doing things the right way, whether it is to a human or a Cylon.

galactica-gal17

[19]Apr 27, 2008
    • level: 2

My first instinct would be to say Adama and Roslin, but to be honest there is (up to my viewing point of Exodus) little to hang this on. I would love there to be more, but my feeling is that it is unlikely to develop. Roslin is a fantastic character but deserves some one more emotionally available IMO.

Starbuck is just too emotionally damaged for her ever to be happy in her skin I think, so she and Lee would be a time bomb. Helo and Sharon deserve a chance, they seem more emotionally honest than anyone. But hey I am a newbie and not very far along so may be wrong!

kruptedseed

[20]Apr 27, 2008
    galactica-gal17 wrote:

My first instinct would be to say Adama and Roslin, but to be honest there is (up to my viewing point of Exodus) little to hang this on. I would love there to be more, but my feeling is that it is unlikely to develop. Roslin is a fantastic character but deserves some one more emotionally available IMO. Starbuck is just too emotionally damaged for her ever to be happy in her skin I think, so she and Lee would be a time bomb. Helo and Sharon deserve a chance, they seem more emotionally honest than anyone. But hey I am a newbie and not very far along so may be wrong!

Your not wrong!! You make very good valued points. Just be your self like your doing. I think Helo and Sharon make the best out of all the couples. And there is no more Chief and Cally...