Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Favorite Couple? (spoilers)

Which couple is your favorite?

pyrommiv

[21]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 11

I'd have to go for Athena and Helo, just becuse they've kept it going through lots of adversity. The only one i don't like is Apollo and Starbuck, it has that annoying quality of continually re-emerging every season and it will never work. plus i like Starbuck with Anders.

On the subject of Tyrol and Cally, some of these posts have spoilers for anyone who hasn't yet seen The Ties that Bind, and there are no warnings on this thread.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

brain05

[22]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 15
    I didn't realize it was a spoiler if it has already happened. In that case, don't talk about anything that has ever happened because someone could have potentially not seen any of the show yet. In fact, I guess you just gave away a spoiler by even mentioning that Athena and Helo are together because someone here could not have seen the first 2 seasons. I'm just saying that it shouldn't be considered a spoiler if it's already happened. I always figured spoilers were about future episodes that haven't aired yet. If someone is coming to these threads before they are caught up on the show, that's kind of their own fault.

hazelnut144

[23]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 8
    Me, as a shipper, I guess I ship Kara and Lee, because I do want them to get together, and I think at this point it might actually have a chance of working. So they are the ones that I am always wishing would get together.

On the other hand, as an established couple I LOVE Athena and Helo. I think they are adorable, and probably the most stable relationship on the show at this point. And they have had to fight so hard, and are so obviously in love. Roslin and Adama are just cute. I like their relationship exactly as it is as of Escape Velocity. And for the person who said they didn't want to see them go at it, there can always be a romantic, but not sexual relationship.

Baltar and Caprica Six, and Three are pretty awesome just because they actually went and did a threesome, and I love them for that. Same reason I love Cain and Gina - they actually went out and did a homosexual relationship. I'm surprised no one mentioned either of these relationships.

I really can't stand Lee and Dee, although I don't mind Kara and Sam quite as much. I'm sure I wouldn't mind that one if I wasn't so strongly for her and Lee

So I voted for Lee and Kara because they are the couple I desperately want to get together, but there are actually quite a few that I also love. They are just more established, so I am not quite so aggressive in promoting them.

thechakramgirl

[24]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 2

hazelnut144 wrote:
    Baltar and Caprica Six, and Three are pretty awesome just because they actually went and did a threesome, and I love them for that. Same reason I love Cain and Gina - they actually went out and did a homosexual relationship. I'm surprised no one mentioned either of these relationships.

Amen to that! I LOVED the threesome between Baltar, Caprica, and D'Anna. It was just so frakkin' hot! It wasn't so much the "threesome" part that did it for me, but rather the fact that it was D'Anna and Caprica. From the moment Caprica woke up in that tub of goo with D'Anna stroking her face in "Downloaded," I wanted to see them in a relationship. Hell, forget the relationship...I wanted to see them frak. I felt like they had a very developed chemistry, almost a sort of sexual tension between them. It was always on the back burner, but it was there. Even when Baltar entered the picture, it always felt like the real relationship was between Three and Six. Watching him interact with the two of them was almost like watching a child interact with his parents. The threesome was impressive, but they seriously could have airlocked Baltar for all I cared. I agree that he was necessary in helping Caprica to become the person that she is now, but at this point I think he's become more of a liability for her than anything. She doesn't really need him anymore, regardless of his opinion on the matter...and she sure as hell doesn't need the One-Eyed Cylon Pirate, either. That is just so wrong on so many levels...eww. She needs to get back with D'Anna. Period. Messiah complex or not, she's got to be better than Tigh.

MrBovineOrdure

[25]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 6

Though it seems doomed by Rosalin's impending death, I voted for Bill & Laura. They deserve some happiness.

I sort of hope that after the wedding, they could find a nice cottage in the woods by a brook in a non-hot area of earth. Sit by the bank, relax and perhaps enjoy the smoke of a plant similar to that which Rosalin found on New Caprica.

Mr BO

hazelnut144

[26]Jun 19, 2008
    As for the threesome, I know what you mean in terms of Baltar being a bit of a hanger on. Just in the way he would always side with whoever could help him at the moment. Maybe we will get some more of the threesome now that Three is back and Caprica is obviously free. Although pregnant with Tigh's kid, which is relatively creepy.

galactica-gal17

[27]Jun 20, 2008
    MrBovineOrdure wrote:

Though it seems doomed by Rosalin's impending death, I voted for Bill & Laura. They deserve some happiness.

I sort of hope that after the wedding, they could find a nice cottage in the woods by a brook in a non-hot area of earth. Sit by the bank, relax and perhaps enjoy the smoke of a plant similar to that which Rosalin found on New Caprica.

Mr BO

They both deserve at least a short time of happiness and peace, (but preferably a long time), I really hope RDM has thought long and hard about the ending of the show, and where he leaves his characters. It really would be too bleak to lose Laura now, (for the Admiral and the viewers). I loved the final scene of the Hub, warms the heart!

Rivenhall

[28]Jun 20, 2008

palpatine19 wrote:
    Baltar and Six all the way, it seems the most pure!!, and their the only couple i would actually like to watch frak...can you imagine Roslin and Adama..i think i just puked in my mouth a little bit...
    I think their love is beautiful. Just because they're not young and hip doesn't make me 'puke' in the least. I can certainly imagine them taking their relationship to a physical level, if they haven't done so already. We don't know, which is one of things I like about their pairing. Nothing is spelled out but it seems so right and natural that they are together. This quote from Mary McDonnell about where they are both going for the rest of the series says it exactly right, for me:
    :
    I think it's safe to say that the relationship grows deeper. Once again, I have to express that the subtlety of the writing, with regard to those two, has really been profoundly important to me. As a middle-aged woman, to be given material that can take an adult relationship and grow it properly? It doesn't happen! And this journey [between Adama and Laura], I believe it. So, as an actress and as a woman, I feel very grateful. And what's to come, it's not easy, but I think it's going to be sort of interesting and gratifying for the fans.

Read the rest of the interview here: http://blog.zap2it.com/korbitv/2008/06/battlestar-tk.html

redhawk100

[29]Jun 20, 2008
    I personally love the Adama-Roslin relationship. It is so pure and they would do anything for each other.

fangirl4ever

[30]Jun 20, 2008
    • level: 4
    I really have started to love Kara and Sam, they have become one of my all time favourite ships. Which is funny because when I first started watching I loved Starpollo but as the show has gone on Lee really started to piss me of and Sam grew on me. Sam gets Kara and he gets that her sh*t is not about him and he loves her as she is.

nottynotme

[31]Jun 20, 2008
    • level: 3

I enjoyed Starbuck with Baltar. Screaming Lee's name made me smile.

OK They didn't date for long.

Edited on 06/20/2008 9:25pm

Lei_K

[32]Jun 20, 2008
    • level: 11
    I voted for Roslin and Adama. As others have said, they deserve some happiness, even if it may be brief!

The shipper in me wants Kara and Lee to be together (though I love Sam too) BUT I think Kara should be with Leoben. The scene where he is helping her paint on Demetrius.... OK no one throw me out an airlock but it sometimes it seems like her only chance at being happy is with Leoben, though obviously she doesn't want to admit it to herself.

hazelnut144

[33]Jun 21, 2008
    I don't think anyone is going to chuck you out an airlock Lei_K. I think that Katee Sackhoff actually said that she thought her only chance of being happy was with Leoban, so you've got strong backup there. The shipper in me wants Lee and Kara too, but it would just be so typically BSG to mess with our heads by giving us Leoban and Kara. Actually now that I think about it, they might well do that...

nottynotme

[34]Jun 21, 2008

This just occured to me that none of the cylons seem to ever have intimate relations with each other. I know they don't show every aspect of "life" during the BSG 1 hour shows but you would think after human exposure members of different models might hook up once in a while.

They do seem to enjoy sex!

Sektos

[35]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 10
    Havent voted yet because it sooo hard! lol

Def pops into my Mind when i read the question; Baltar and Six. Here i include both physical and incorporeal copies, because they're all connected. The relationship has spanned the show, caused massive character developement, shown the mythology of the show and been so intimate (ther're in each others heads literally ).

I really like SHaron and Halo, but mostly seperately. THey are a good couple and ive like their developement, buuuuuuut i think G/6 beats them.

Roslin and Adama- dam it, its this one that makes it really hard 4 me to simply go G/6 because they're sooo good together and i think they're great together. I love Adama, and despite despiiiiiising ROslin i also like her as a great character. Sorry Roslin supporters but i think taht shi the is [/was- maybe due to latest eps shes improved] a hypocritical, xenophobic, religious fanatic as bad as how 'she percieves' the cylon's to be

my1sunshine

[36]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 12
    thechakramgirl wrote:

hazelnut144 wrote:

Amen to that! I LOVED the threesome between Baltar, Caprica, and D'Anna. It was just so frakkin' hot! It wasn't so much the "threesome" part that did it for me, but rather the fact that it was D'Anna and Caprica. From the moment Caprica woke up in that tub of goo with D'Anna stroking her face in "Downloaded," I wanted to see them in a relationship. Hell, forget the relationship...I wanted to see them frak. I felt like they had a very developed chemistry, almost a sort of sexual tension between them. It was always on the back burner, but it was there. Even when Baltar entered the picture, it always felt like the real relationship was between Three and Six. Watching him interact with the two of them was almost like watching a child interact with his parents. The threesome was impressive, but they seriously could have airlocked Baltar for all I cared. I agree that he was necessary in helping Caprica to become the person that she is now, but at this point I think he's become more of a liability for her than anything. She doesn't really need him anymore, regardless of his opinion on the matter...and she sure as hell doesn't need the One-Eyed Cylon Pirate, either. That is just so wrong on so many levels...eww. She needs to get back with D'Anna. Period. Messiah complex or not, she's got to be better than Tigh.

Oooookay. I was really comfortable with the fact that this was one of the few boards I could go to without seeing a shipping thread. But since everybody seems to be getting into the act, who am I to stand out? So...if I have to, I go with your choince, Six and D'Anna. Why? Well, the front is that it's different from most others. The real reason? Cause I'm such a frakkin' pervert!

Edited on 06/23/2008 12:02pm

mfirefly10

[37]Jun 27, 2008

fangirl4ever wrote:
    I really have started to love Kara and Sam, they have become one of my all time favourite ships. Which is funny because when I first started watching I loved Starpollo but as the show has gone on Lee really started to piss me of and Sam grew on me. Sam gets Kara and he gets that her sh*t is not about him and he loves her as she is.

I love Sam & Kara. They'd be my choice after Helo & Sharon. I liked the sexual tension between Lee & Kara in the first season, but when Sam came along, I was smitten. His chemistry with Kara was just so natural and to this day, I've never seen her happier than when they were reunited in season 2. That scene between the two of them in LDYB2 was just adorable. I did feel bad for Lee, but Kara was so uncharacteristically happy that I didn't care.

I still like Tyrol/Boomer but it's been so long since we've seen them interact and so much has happened in both of their lives that I don't know if it'd be possible for them to reunite.

This season I became a true Adama/Roslin shipper. A lot of people had problems with his decision to leave the Fleet and wait for her, but I loved it. Almost as much as I loved his reaction when she FINALLY admitted her feelings to him. "About time." SO frakkin' cute!

CrazyLady22

[38]Aug 27, 2008
    • level: 13
    mfirefly10 wrote:

fangirl4ever wrote:

I love Sam & Kara. They'd be my choice after Helo & Sharon. I liked the sexual tension between Lee & Kara in the first season, but when Sam came along, I was smitten. His chemistry with Kara was just so natural and to this day, I've never seen her happier than when they were reunited in season 2. That scene between the two of them in LDYB2 was just adorable. I did feel bad for Lee, but Kara was so uncharacteristically happy that I didn't care.

I completely agree. And it's weird because in the beginning I absolutely adored Lee and Kara together, it was all I could do not to just scream everytime they were on screen yelling at each other. The tension was rolling off the tv screen. Then Kara met Sam and I tried, I tried very very hard to not like him and to not like them together but I couldn't stop it I loved them together their chemistry was perfect. It wasn't that love/hate sexual tension Lee and Kara had, it was better. He loved her he really did and it was obvious she loved him too. He could make her happy in a way I just knew Lee never could. Plus as the series went on Lee felt more and more like a wuss especially in season three he 'lost his edge' yes, even after he got rid of the flab he wasn't the same, maybe it was Dee maybe it was just him acting like a pansy, but like you said he's just too much of a good boy and Anders has that person bad boy quality but in a way that I know he would stick by Kara until the day he died.

SleepTight

[39]Sep 2, 2008
    • level: 36
    Starbuck & Apollo are really the only ones I cannot stand as a couple. Well... besides Apollo and Dualla.

I'm def gonna go and pick Adama and Roslin. What an amazing, powerful connection they have. Second are Helo and Athena.

Carl_Barrass

[40]Sep 7, 2008
    Caly and Tyrol the wgole way IMHO. Nowhere near as cute as Delen and Sherridan from B5 though.