Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Final 5 - Links to Adama

AndreasOS

[1]Jan 23, 2009
    • level: 6

Is anyone else thinking of all the subtle links to Adama that the Final Five have? I know we went through this before with the four, but then I was thinking, Where does Ellen fit in to the Supporting Roles theory? you know the one. Tigh - Supports Adama, Tory - Supports Roslin, Anders - Supports Starbuck, Galen - Supports pretty much all of Galacticas Fighters and Raptors.

Then I was thinking, They all support Adama... indirectly.

Ellen supports Tigh, keeping him happy in Season 1 (admittedly leading him astray at the start of Season 2) but then keeping him alive on New Caprica, making it possible for him to continue to keep Bill in touch. He is, after all, Bills best friend.

Anders supports Starbuck, who is like a daughter to the old man.

Tory supports Roslin, who is the driving force of the fleet, and who is very dear to him. His significant other, if you will.

And Galen keeps Adamas ship running, giving him the tools necessary to defend the people of the fleet and lead them to [insert final destination here]

I still like the connotations towards polytheistic mythology, and I just can't shake off the Adama - Zeus, father of the gods association that I picked up a while back.

Just a wild theory that was flying through my head, so I decided to inflict it upon you all...

Sorry

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tripping82

[2]Jan 23, 2009
    • level: 14
    Everyone connects to Adama...

AndreasOS

[3]Jan 23, 2009
    • level: 6

tripping82 wrote:

True. I'm seeing connections that aren't really there... Or, more precisely, connections that are there, but are not nearly as significant.

inad1212

[4]Jan 23, 2009
    • level: 8
    Dude do not be sorry for your theories. It is why this Battlestar forum is here and why it is great. I agree with you how the final five are connected to Adama but, just like how Tripping said everyone is connected to Adama. He is like the creators said, the Father type to the whole show. The connections you are seeing are there but I think that itjust goes with the themes of the show and how Adama is the father type on the show.

tripping82

[5]Jan 23, 2009
    • level: 14
    inad1212 wrote:
    Dude do not be sorry for your theories. It is why this Battlestar forum is here and why it is great. I agree with you how the final five are connected to Adama but, just like how Tripping said everyone is connected to Adama. He is like the creators said, the Father type to the whole show. The connections you are seeing are there but I think that itjust goes with the themes of the show and how Adama is the father type on the show.

Exactly. You can probably do the same thing with Roslin, as she is the mother figure of the show.

trip31

[6]Jan 24, 2009
    • level: 12

tripping82 wrote:

A Dying leader will lead humanity to it's new home. What if it's Laura, it's Bill?

Edited on 01/24/2009 4:18pm