Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

FINAL CYLON!: Tooooo Obvious! (only read if uv seen the most recent ep)

scifijunkyuk

[1]May 26, 2008
    • level: 1
    a lot of people are sayin gaeta, but after the "Guess whos coming to dinner" ep i think he's too obvious, like starbuck. They're red herrings, its gotta be a surprise. It will be someone we dont expect or a major character like roslin or one of the adamas. RDM is tryin to confuse us and good for him, i dont wanna know til its finally revealed. I just hope the final revealation is as good as the end of s3.

I just found out you can bet on who the last cylon's gonna be!!! bit weird for a tv show, they must be keepin it top secret. Posted the details on my website http://www.scifijunky.net

[Editor's note: IM and text-speak modified so that the text more closely follows normal American English spelling practices.]
    Edited on 05/31/2008 12:37pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

grubsmack

[2]May 27, 2008
    • level: 5
    The odds are pretty funny actually. I still think it's Dee.

Hoeech

[3]May 27, 2008
    • level: 66
    I agree that the obvious choices (Starbuck, Baltar, etc.) are unlikely since they are so obvious. Adama or Roslin might be interesting, but I still think it might be someone even more surprising, particularly since we already know that both of these characters have "hidden" Cylon models working closely with them.

BTW: These are forum posts, not text messages or MSN. Please take it easy on the IM shorthand. It gets really hard on the eyes and gets difficult to follow. Any points you may be bringing to our attention gets lost in translation.

t3uv

[4]May 27, 2008
    • level: 10

I personally think the last cylon is someone who was not onboard Galactica when the 4 others heard 'All along the watchtower'. Otherwise s/he would have ended in the same room, although one might argue that s/he was delayed but I don't think so...

My bet is either on Tom Zarek or Romo Lampkin...

Or it was Cally!!! And they'll never find out since she's dead!!! No, just kidding Zarek or Lampkin for me.

tribalchic

[5]May 27, 2008
    • level: 17

my guess is lampkin.

***SPOILER***

123home123

[6]May 27, 2008
    • level: 55
    Hoeech wrote:
    BTW: These are forum posts, not text messages or MSN. Please take it easy on the IM shorthand. It gets really hard on the eyes and gets difficult to follow. Any points you may be bringing to our attention gets lost in translation.

Actually, TV.com has a specific policy prohibiting the widespread usage of textspeak, IM-speak or l33t-speak. And you're right -- it is difficult to read that sort of stuff.

As for the main topic, there have been several broad hints that various characters are the final Cylon. There will probably be more hints as the season continues. We already have a few threads devoted to speculation about the identity of the final Cylon. It's probably best to keep all such discussion to the existing threads.
    Edited on 05/27/2008 8:42pm

kruptedseed

[7]May 28, 2008
    • level: 11
    Has anyone thought that it may be Helo? After all he and Sharon do have a child.

zerbleflip

[8]May 28, 2008
    • level: 8
    tribalchic wrote:

my guess is lampkin.

did anyone see that half-second clip of him in the latest promo?.......i swear to gods i saw him.

****SPOILER****

***SPOILER***

[Editor's note: Please use the spoiler tags when posting these types of spoilers unless you are posting in the discussion thread for that episode. If you are unsure of how to add the tags, just hit the Quick Quote button on this thread. Or read through the pinned GUIDELINES thread on this forum.]
    Edited on 05/28/2008 6:41pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Yamonaise

[9]May 28, 2008
    • level: 3
    think it's going to be a whole other person

here's my theorie

what if there are cylon twins???

and my guess: either six or eight...

think that the last one will be number 7
    and a twin of the other cylons

would be a twist, when we found out it wasn't a human as most suspect, but just one of their own

MrShotShot

[10]May 28, 2008
    • level: 15

scifijunkyuk wrote:
    a lot of people r sayin gaeta, but after the "Guess whos coming to dinner" ep i think he's too obvious, like starbuck. They're red herrings, its gotta be a suprise. It will b someone we dont expect or a major character like roslyn or 1 of the adamas. RDM is tryin to confuse us and good for him, i dont wanna kno til its finally revealed. I just hope the final revealation is as good as the end of s3.

I just found out u can bet on who the last cylons gonna b!!! bit weird for a tv show, they must be keepin it top secret. Posted the details on my website http://www.scifijunky.net

So your topic is in all caps FINAL CYLON! and you even give a bit of a spoiler type warning and then you say nothing but the same speculation that everyone has been saying for the past year.

Nice.

Edited on 05/29/2008 8:06pm

iamralphiam

[11]May 29, 2008
    • level: 6
    ^^i thought so too

hannonse

[12]May 30, 2008

I think what we saw at the end of the ep with Geata looking a little wacko is because he's plotting revenge on Anders. And maybe Helo. Like maybe Gaeta, after all the crap he's been through, has finally snapped. He shoots Anders, who doesn't die (we have no idea if the final five are resurrected or not, or how that works, after all) and it comes out that Anders is a cylon.

HeHateMe5

[13]May 31, 2008
    well if Tigh can get six pregnant then maybe Helo could be a cylon.

need more info.

the fifth is in the fleet and since 4 of the 5 has something to do with the military, I'm guessing that rules out Lampkin.

HeHateMe5

[14]May 31, 2008
    I may be wrong, Tori isnt in the military but it got me thinking.

the four cylons get a good deal amount of screentime so that might be a tippoff that the 5th gets screentime also I just havent put it all together yet.

parallax207

[15]May 31, 2008
    • level: 15
    Hoeech wrote:

T%hank you for someone ballsy enough to make mention.

123home123

[16]May 31, 2008
    • level: 55
    I modified the first post to spell out the IM-speak words to more closely match standard American English spelling rules.

In the future, if someone uses IM-speak or l33t-speak in an excessive manner, you can either send me a PM or use the drop-down reporting feature to report the message to the site moderators.

Of course, we shouldn't report minor slip-ups such as the occasional typo. But if someone types multiple paragraphs in IM-speak, then that would be considered excessive. That would constitute a violation of the TV.com Terms of Service.
    Edited on 05/31/2008 2:25pm

h00plah

[17]May 31, 2008

I highly doubt that Geta is the final cylon. It's highly unlikely.

scifijunkyuk

[18]May 31, 2008

my apologies for the text speak. wasn't aware it was banned.

i think that in order for it to be a really exciting ending it has to be either roslyn or one of the adamas. lampkin's a great character (loved the cat thing but him and geata's characters are too unimportant to make they're reveleation as the final cylon dramatic enough.

antdude

[19]Jun 1, 2008
    • level: 27
    I am the last cylon. [grin]

h00plah

[20]Jun 1, 2008
    Wow antdude, that completely shocked me right there. The writers really did aim for a character that had never, ever been seen on the show before.
    Edited on 06/01/2008 6:08am