Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

FINAL CYLON!: Tooooo Obvious! (only read if uv seen the most recent ep)

scifijunkyuk

[21]Jun 1, 2008
    • level: 1
    lol, you've ruined the suprise dam you!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

logossun

[22]Jun 2, 2008
    • level: 18

I think you're all missing the big picture.

The point of the last Cylon (if we consider that BSG writers are competent people ;-) must be much farther reaching than just "Oh my God, he/she is a Cylon?!"

For example, there have been several theories posted on the implications of coming to Earth. One had Baltar as Jesus and the other Lee and Kara as Adam and Eve.

I really like this second theory, and as it would be cool to start anew as joint species, I'm voting for Lee as the final Cylon.

David_Sylver

[23]Jun 2, 2008
    • level: 4
    Just let Moore and Eick finish the season already and stop debating the outcome. Lets face it those viewers who don't watch the show as its aired or tape it are going to need to avoid the net after that episode. I would point out Lampkin returned to the show and the human population teaser went up a notch...... I'd also point out women do have babies on a daily basis regardless of this fact.

h00plah

[24]Jun 2, 2008
    • level: 10

Erm, sorry, but no. We'll continue to give out our theories. That's how things work, people speculate all they want, and then they are praised if they're theories are the right ones (with a pat on the e-back or an e-cookie, of course).

Logossum, that is a very interesting observation that you have made. It is more than possible for lee to be a cylon. But, in the preview shown for this weeks episode, D'ianna reveals who the cylon is on while on the base ship. I doubt lee would have any reason to be on the base ship, so it's not him. It's someone that's currently on the base ship, guaranteed. The trailer was supposed to round everyone off to a final dozen possibilities for the final cylon.

Edited on 06/02/2008 2:08pm

logossun

[25]Jun 3, 2008
    • level: 18
    h00plah wrote:

Erm, sorry, but no. We'll continue to give out our theories. That's how things work, people speculate all they want, and then they are praised if they're theories are the right ones (with a pat on the e-back or an e-cookie, of course).

Logossum, that is a very interesting observation that you have made. It is more than possible for lee to be a cylon. But, in the preview shown for this weeks episode, D'ianna reveals who the cylon is on while on the base ship. I doubt lee would have any reason to be on the base ship, so it's not him. It's someone that's currently on the base ship, guaranteed. The trailer was supposed to round everyone off to a final dozen possibilities for the final cylon.

Aw, whatta heck, I'll go with the obvious, Starbuck then. It wouldn't be a shocker but it would be monumental somehow. Roslin's the only one that would qualify as being "big" - the rest... I don't know. Unless there is something MAJOR going on with them in the last 10 episodes, I shrug my shoulders...

lucas182

[26]Jun 3, 2008
    im just thinking out loud here...

laura's vision is shared with 3 other people...

caprica 6 - cylon
    athena - cylon
    hera - 50% cylon (or so we think)
    baltar is in there... but he doesnt know he's in that dream, nor does he have the dream... and as such he does "share" this vision.

so...

if you consider the previous episode where the four cylons were summoned by a melody...

could it be possible that this "vision" also serves as a revelation of who might be a cylon? ...and in this case, roslin?

BlindWatcher400

[27]Jun 3, 2008
    • level: 5

The image of Roslin after #3 says "You're one of them" is an obvious red herring. No way they'd reveal that in an ad.

Plus, Roslin got cancer, which was temporarily healed by CYLON blood.

Roslin can't be a cylon cause she needed CYLON blood to "cure" the cancer.

Zarek... on the other hand...

Well... He's too mysterious not to be a final five. Plus all of the final five were in administrative posistions.

Tyrol = Head Repair dude

Roslin's Aid = Roslin's Aid

Starbuck's Ex-Husband, Tattoo Dude = Leader of Resistance on Caprica and Viper Pilot

Saul Tigh = Space Pirate

And

Zarek = Vice President, almost president.

So in one episode, we could very well of had two of the final five leading the fleet to Earth.

Anyway... SAUL TIGH AND TOM ZAREK ARE THE AWESOMEEST CHARACTERS IN BSG!

*runs off*

lucas182

[28]Jun 4, 2008
    she didnt need cylon blood... she needed half-breed blood.

plus, weve learned before that cylons are very much succeptible to disease... just as humans are.

anders got pneumonia
    the other cylons were hit by a bio bomb and all died

so having cancer in a cylon body wouldnt be unrealistic

sdmpriest

[29]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 1

Havent we already found out that the final cylon will not be any of them in the last supper picture. Which roslin is.

Zarek is not a bad thought though as he is not on galactica so that might explain why he wasn't drawn by the music like the rest of them were.