TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Final Theories Before The beginning of the End (Spoilers Up until 'Daybreak')

dragon755

[1]Mar 9, 2009
    • level: 7

I figured that since Daybreak is the beginning of the three part finale, it would make sense to put up last ditch theories this week instead of next. Anyway here are mine:

1) I am almost certain Galactica will be used to destroy the cylon colony. I believe this because firstly galactica needs a good sendoff, but also because Hera was seen playing with the 'toy' version of Galactica and the Cylon Base Ship in which she moved it into the base ship. Also i think this will be a good end for the ole girl

2) Adama will die. Im not sure how, maybe he will drive Galactica at the end which would be good, but im not too sure.

3) Apollo and Kara will, in someway, get 'together', i knew some of you are like: ewww lets not think about it, or who cares? well i dont but its gonna happen.

4) Boomer will do something good to redeem herself, possibly save Hera.

5) They will find a home and it will be the new earth

6) The song: watchtower, willl be somehow be a lead to the planet, or maybe the colony. I'm thinking that the song is a star map.

7) The final scene will be the new 'earth' in the future just before the new generation of 'cylons' attacks and it happens all over again.[spoilers] I say this because i once read somewhere that the final scene involves a six dressed like the head version walking down times square (or something like that) [/spoilers]

Anders will take Galactica to the colony

9) We all know Kara will have some major part in the end, im not really sure what though. I think the Kara will basically lead them to this 'god' or maybe to earth

And thats it for now. What do u think will happen

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kondix

[2]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 11
    Quite interesting... especially the thought... that we jump ahead in time at the very end, just to reveal another Cylon attack on the (new?) earth... kinda like the Season 2 ending...

ooor... maybe... those Cylons from the future come THIS TIME in peace to the times square.... just to showcase the ultimate end of Cycles of war.

nealemobile

[3]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 12

I'm not sure if the ending will be that pessimistic. I imagine it will just flash forward to our time, the present day, and then we'll see that the final five and Caprica Six and Athena are still alive and hoping the new Earth doesn't go ass-up.

Agree about Galactica going headlong into the Basestar. I hope Adama and Roslin make it out alive but probably will go down with the ship.

Melzias

[4]Mar 10, 2009
    I doubt the ending will be completly bleak and distopian, but I am sure we will lose some of our key members.

dragon755

[5]Mar 11, 2009
    oh, i dont know if i made this clear, but i was also hoping for any of yours as well

silvermoon88

[6]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 9

i like everything but nukber 7 about the ending.

My thoerie are that they are going to end the how with a lot of quetion till unanwered. I think all the stuff about the final 5 cyclon and the creation of teh cyclones will be left for the movie, becaue its supposed to be in the past.

What i want to happen is for kara, baltar's six, and capacia six's baltar, plus kara's dad to be light people from the orginal show. I want the light people to lead them to their planet and teach them how to live in peace with the cyclons. I want kara ande lee to hook up and lee be preident. I want adama and rosal to die together in love. I want athena and her family to be happy and the new miltary leader not that they will need miltary. I don't care what happens to the cylons the whole one i like anymore i tigh o hopefully hes happy whatever happens.

silverswan1

[7]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 3
    I love all BSG old and new. Anyone notice ''Helo'' is on Dollhouse? yea! There is life after BSG, but in no hurry to end it. Some 80s faves supposed to star in next series. Awesome!

MajLorne

[8]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 21
    I wonder if D'anna will come back in the finale in either a major or minor role? It would kinda suck for her final send off to have been on the remains of Earth.
    Edited on 03/11/2009 6:57pm

pumpkinhead2

[9]Mar 12, 2009
    A couple of loose ends need to be tied up. "Starbuck is the Harbinger of death that will lead them all to their end."

"A dying leader will know the truth of the Opera House."

In Starbuck's case it could be that she is instrumental in the destruction of Cavil and leads Humanity to a new home. It does not necessarily means that she is the Harbinger of death for humans.

Laura will have another vision ... perhaps her last ... in which she unravels the meaning of her Opera House visions. She will tell Adama while she is on her deathbed. Adama will honor her by carrying out one final mission in the Galactica.

Hera is central to the survival of the Human race.

my1sunshine

[10]Mar 12, 2009

MajLorne wrote:
    I wonder if D'anna will come back in the finale in either a major or minor role? It would kinda suck for her final send off to have been on the remains of Earth.

From what I understand, she may be in the upcoming prequel movie "The Plan", but as far as the regular series is concerned, Ron said she's done.. she's on Earth, and that's it. It does kinda suck.

As for final theories, this is one time, strangely enough, I'm laying them aside, and just waiting for this final explosive two (three) parter , and just let it unfold. I can't wait to see how it ends. I feel like a widdle kid.

I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait!!!

Did I mention I can't wait?

By the way guys, when you get a chance, please check out my thread "Reflections" for an idea I have to keep the forum alive after the show ends. I don't think many people know it's there, and I'd like your opinions.

...Ted

Edited on 03/12/2009 5:36am
    Edited 2 total times.

guyroy1971

[11]Mar 12, 2009
    Yes, Deanna story is done. She was brought back specificlly to wrap up her storyline. I saw numerous interviews that Ron Moore gave and he promised there will be very few loose ends, as he fears others will "mess" with it and Glen Larson is doing another movie version. I think Mr. Moore maybe would have had an amiguous ending if Larson did not announce he was bringing his Galactica back for a movie. It is supposedly well known that Larson is not thrilled with this version (probably out of jealousy, but I don't know him of course, but it has to hurt so many praise this version and diss the original) Moore stated he wanted to stamp "the end" on his version specifically to make this version THE definative version of Battlestar. I do agree Galactica probably is destroyed in the last mission it has, and that is to rescue Hera. I believe the ending will be bleak with a silver lining for the (i believe again) very few people who live. I feel that Appllo will live as the new leader, but everyone else is fair game to die, other than Hera.

Melzias

[12]Mar 12, 2009

:
    "A dying leader will know the truth of the Opera House."

A place of music. Hmmm, where else has music come into play lately?

Just a thought.

shibbymaster

[13]Mar 15, 2009
    • level: 1

Idbeolderifiwas wrote:
    Maybe the Galactica is the Dying leader that we've heard so much about?

well spotted. plus the points that anders may well be the hybrid needed to control galactica. i think it will end in a disasterously good way. the cylon colony is orbiting around a black hole, all thats needed is for during the final battle there, galactica slips out of orbit and thru the black hole to earth. prophcies of being guided to earth are true and starbuck pilots them (galactica) to their end, earth. boom - series over

i say they get to earth because the nuked "earth" they found didnt look like earth, in crossroads part 2 earth was shown with north america clearly visibly, the nuked earth discovered looked nothing like earths geography. they thought they wer on earth but they wernt.

MajLorne

[14]Mar 15, 2009
    • level: 21

Man that sucks about D'anna just staying on the 'dead earth'. I would've liked her at least killing a Cavil model before being killed. I dunno, just something that makes her last appearance more memorable and useful than just staying on a dead planet. I mean Cavil boxed her whole model, I would think she'd be a bit p.o. about that plus maybe she'd want to see the final five all together.

But that's just me.

Edited on 03/15/2009 9:00am

pumpkinhead2

[15]Mar 15, 2009
    Galactica will be sucked into a blackhole and emerge in orbit around the Earth 2000 years in the past ... no seriously.

dragon755

[16]Mar 16, 2009
    Having just watched daybreak 1, i'd have to agree the black hole is going to play a major part in the final battle. Exactly what though i can't say. There is alot of things still needed to be wrapped up in under two hours...i'm hoping they can pull it off

Raven-22

[17]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 2

pumpkinhead2 wrote:
    Galactica will be sucked into a blackhole and emerge in orbit around the Earth 2000 years in the past ... no seriously.

I like the idea that Galactica is sucked into a black hole, but I think that it will emerge in orbit around Earth 3000 years in the past. This would explain so much.

•1. This would go along with "it has happen before and it will happen again."

•2. The Scriptures would not be a fore telling of the future, but a history of the past. The first time it was written it was based on the hatred and violence of the events that happen. But with each cycle it is rewritten with more understanding, compassion and love. This would allow them to eventually fine the wisdom to break the cycle.

•3. This also would explain why the 13 tribe were Cylons and not humans. After 1000 years of procreation between Cylons and humans there wouldn't be any pure humans left. In addition it explains why they lost the technology and the need of resurrection.

•4. Furthermore it ties in with Ron and Dave's love of writing our own culture, believes and mythologies into the story by adding Nostradamus prediction that after the 3rd world war there will be a 1000 years of peace.

Edited on 03/17/2009 3:07pm

my1sunshine

[18]Mar 17, 2009
    Raven-22 wrote:

pumpkinhead2 wrote:

I like the idea that Galactica is sucked into a black hole, but I think that it will emerge in orbit around Earth 3000 years in the past. This would explain so much.

•1. This would go along with "it has had before and it will happen again."

•2. The Scriptures would not be a fore telling of the future, but a history of the past. The first time it was written it was based on the hatred and violence of the events that happen. But with each cycle it is rewritten with more understanding, compassion and love. This would allow them to eventually fine the wisdom to break the cycle.

•3. This also would explain why the 13 tribe were Cylons and not humans. After 1000 years of procreation between Cylons and humans there wouldn't be any pure humans left. In addition it explains why they lost the technology and the need of resurrection.

•4. Furthermore it ties in with Ron and Dave's love of writing our own culture, believes and mythologies into the story by adding Nostradamus prediction that after the 3rd world war there will a 1000 years of peace.

Raven, veery nice, I like that.

MrBovineOrdure

[19]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 6

I don't think Ron would make us take the leap of faith that anything would survive a black hole but...

How about engaging the jump drive at the event horizon before you're sucked in, pulverized and turned into a combination of metal filings and chunky salsa before becoming part of the incredibly dense (and very dead) matter that is a black hole.

I could swallow that they'd jump to an unpredictable place pretty close to the real Earth. (I tend to prefer serendipity to bad science in my sy-fy)

Mr BO

Edited on 03/17/2009 3:54pm
    Edited 3 total times.

pumpkinhead2

[20]Mar 17, 2009

But it isn't a blackhole ... it is a naked singularity ... there is a difference. They made a point of mentioning that not once ... but twice.

Why would they do that?

I am starting to move away from the time travel idea to the idea of a parallel universe.

Everything that happens makes perfect sense when you think parallel universe.

Kara is dead ... in this universe. However she is alive in another one. She has a brand new Viper in the parallel universe and Earth is still a beautiful unspoilt planet. But what if she somehow travelled into an alternate universe?

As I said in a strange way it explains everything.

It is even possible that in one alternative universe Starbuck is a dude and Apollo looks like Tom Zarek.

Edited on 03/17/2009 8:00pm
    Edited 3 total times.