Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Has anybody cried from watching this mid-season finale last week?

Arrowhokie23

[1]Jun 16, 2008
    • level: 20

I'm very curious to ask you all this certain question ever since many of story has leave us with so many unanswered questions that we must question ourselves with certain stories comes on in year 2009. However, I wanna to know if anyone of you did cried from watching this mid-season finale episode last week?

For me, it was! When I sat down on my bed to witness it all. From the beginning, I didn't cried, but shaking my head with big disappointment thus far until humans and cylons has comes together to unite to find new home world of earth, when they've finally found the home world, I choke up and cried so happily! I cheered so wildly and remind myself that their journey has finally come to an end at last!

So, Since they've left us with many unanswered questions that needed to be answered at once! Like you demand to know, why didn't we see fifth cylon, hmm?

I hope the journey goes on until its end coming next year, but battlestar Galactica movies are already on its way to made..! This question..how do you think the story will be told in the movies?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Rivenhall

[2]Jun 18, 2008
    • level: 2
    Strangely enough, I find myself getting more teary with repeated viewings. The first time I didn't cry at all, I just felt gobsmacked. But when I watched it again, and then again, I teared up more each time, esp. the Earth celebrations.

my1sunshine

[3]Jun 25, 2008
    • level: 12
    I'm a big lug...but my wife says I'm a soft marshmallow. Of course I cried. This is THE moment for them. The final moments were absolutely played to perfection. The tearfully happy celebration after Bill's announcement..(I thought Lee was gonna do a joyful striptease on the console).... which is why the moments apon planetfall are so jarring. You just can't speak! The combination of the two emotional extremes is actually quite chilling.
    Edited on 06/25/2008 11:12am

tribalchic

[4]Jun 25, 2008
    • level: 17

it takes alot for somthing to bring me to tears because im not a overly emotional person.However the moment right after the jump before everyone started celebrating was so heavy that when roslin started crying I just lost it, mostly because it was such a bittersweet moment when they realized they had finally come home after the brutal journey that lasted these -4 brutal seasons.

this was the first time I've cried during a television show since the death of Charlie on Lost 2 seasons ago!

Edited on 06/25/2008 3:02pm

Ludvico01

[5]Jun 25, 2008
    • level: 4

I cried, but only when it dawned on me that we had a long break before the final episodes.

Idbeolderifiwas

[6]Jun 25, 2008
    • level: 20
    I think I might have teared up a little bit, but that's about it. I certainly didn't break down and cry out for joy.

redhawk100

[7]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 6
    I teared up a bit...my wife cried when Adama was breaking down.

tribalchic

[8]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 17

redhawk100 wrote:
    I teared up a bit...my wife cried when Adama was breaking down.

that scene was intense.

krinks

[9]Jun 30, 2008
    • level: 7

I didn't actually cry, but I did find myself deply disturbed for quite a while afterward. It's one of those cases where I can put myself in their shoes. We've been travelling among the stars with the rag-tag fleet since the miniseries, seen their victories, defeats and lost friends along the way.

So they finally make it to where they never believed they could get to in the first place, and everyone is happy. I was smiling like crazy when they were cheering on the bridge.

Then all the smiling people got kicked in the teeth...

It was BRILLIANT -- I so can't wait for the rest of the series to play out...

Edited on 06/30/2008 2:39pm