Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Have you ever met any of the Cast??

ebony_kunoichi

[1]Apr 20, 2009
    • level: 13

Hi ya'll.

Well I was wondering if anyone has met someone from the cast of BSG? I know that i'm not the only convention dork out there, or am I?

This weekend I met Michal Hogan and Mark Sheppard. They did a Q&A which was great. I took a picture with Michal Hogan and its on muh blog. I totally Fantarded out. Mark Sheppard was very cool and has this cute british accent and we talked about his new show on TNT where he plays the bad guy. Michal Hogan was so friggin awesome. He is like someone's cool hippie dad and he was kinda flirty, which caused me to laugh and fantard out even more.

A couple of months back I met Candace Mcclure and she was very nice and talkative, I love my girl D.

So if you have any experiences please share.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

123home123

[2]Apr 21, 2009
    • level: 55
    I didn't really meet him but I saw Edward James Olmos speaking at a Borders Bookstore several years ago in downtown Washington, D.C. This was well before the new BSG was even being planned. At the time, I mostly knew him from Miami Vice and Blade Runner.

I thought it would be cool to see the old "Lieutenant" but he wasn't talking about his entertainment career. He was giving a very emotional and intense speech about Latino rights, almost revolutionary. Clearly it's a topic near and dear to him. I didn't stay for long but I think he noticed me walking by, maybe because I was one of the few people in the immediate area who wasn't a Latino. He was talking about getting more people "involved" when he looked over at me. Then he said, "We have people from all groups here. We have Latinos! We have Asians!" and so on. I didn't know what he was getting into so I walked along to a different part of the store. But I'm still glad I got to see him. Didn't know he was destined to become a battlestar Admiral though.

I corresponded a bit with Bear McCreary by email a little over a year ago when I prepared that written interview with him. He seems like a pretty cool guy. I also heard from Stephanie Jacobsen and got a shorter interview with her.

I've never attended one of those conventions. It's a little strange to see those high fees for autographs and meet and greets but maybe I'd consider going to one nearby. I go to bookstore signings and talks from time to time. If Ronald Moore ever writes a book and goes on a book tour, I'd try to go and listen to what he had to say. The actor who played "Crashdown" plays in a rock band these days. Maybe those guys will go on tour sometime. That would be kind of neat to see.

Idbeolderifiwas

[3]May 8, 2009
    • level: 20
    Not really, but I've seen Donnelly Rhodes at the store I work at a few times. That's the closest I've been to one of them

DarkPaladin1000

[4]Jul 23, 2009
    • level: 10
    I've never met any of them either but I have a kinda funny story about a co-worker of mine that does go to conventions. Take note that my boss and I love this show and we work in a comic book store so that's the level of geek that we are. This story takes place around the lead up time to the beginning of Season 4.5. My co-worker came back from a convention and mentioned that there was "some chick" from Battlestar Galactica there, he couldn't remember her name or really what she looked like because he doesn't watch the show. So we talk about the convention for a while longer and he says that everyone was really excited for Edward James Olmos being there but he wasn't sure who he was or why he was there, my boss and I both yelled at him for that...

SebastianHaff

[5]Jul 27, 2009
    • level: 5
    I've met Tricia Helfer, Katee Sackhoff, Aaron Douglas, Sam Witwer and Matthew Bennett.

I'm hugely in love with Tahmoh, so loved meeting him, but every one of the people mentioned above was great to meet.

Also spent a lot of one night drinking with Aaron's brother, who's a great laugh. Aaron nicknamed me his "brother's bodyguard".

Would love to meet more at some point, but I've been less fanboyish of late.

GrainneG

[6]Sep 15, 2009
    • level: 7
    I've just met Rekha Sharma at a con this weekend.

I've also met Mary McDonnell, Nicky Clyne, Bodie Olmos, James Callis, Jamie Bamber, Aaron Douglas and Jen Halley.

lare84

[7]Sep 24, 2009
    • level: 38
    I met Grace Park, just to say "hi nice to meet you".

placesalep

[8]Oct 6, 2009
    • level: 7
    Unfortunately no