Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

how do we know

waddaho

[1]Nov 11, 2008
    • level: 6

which cylon is which??? im almost done with the first season and there has been no mention of which cylon is which number

i kno the sexy blonde one is number 6 but i dont kno how we know that

or did i mis something?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kondix

[2]Nov 12, 2008
    • level: 11

You will get those infos in time... but all I can say is

Sharon is 8

D'Anna is 3

Leoben... I think he is 5 but not shure

Sexy Red Dress is 6

Doral... I don't know

And these are all Cylons you should know off by now.

Edited on 11/12/2008 12:12am

tripping82

[3]Nov 12, 2008
    • level: 14
    #1 is Brother Cavil, #2 is Leoben Conoy...wait you're only on the first season? Then just wait. They'll be revealed to you in time. Unless you want to skip to the end, then go here: Clicky
    Edited on 11/12/2008 9:27am

Idbeolderifiwas

[4]Nov 14, 2008
    • level: 20
    Nobody knew for sure until just recently in episode 2 of season 4.

123home123

[5]Nov 15, 2008
    • level: 55
    waddaho wrote:

which cylon is which??? im almost done with the first season and there has been no mention of which cylon is which number

i kno the sexy blonde one is number 6 but i dont kno how we know that

or did i mis something?

In the Miniseries, she told Baltar that there are 12 Cylon models. She said she was number six. Thus, she is known as Number Six. It's a reference to the cult hit 1960s sci-fi series "The Prisoner". The main character in that series was also called Number Six. It had a serious tone and approach, similar to that of BSG.

aidorrocks

[6]Dec 9, 2008
    • level: 10
    tripping82 wrote:
    #1 is Brother Cavil, #2 is Leoben Conoy...wait you're only on the first season? Then just wait. They'll be revealed to you in time. Unless you want to skip to the end, then go here: Clicky

i clicked your link & got confused. the 7 cylons we know are numbered 1,2,3,4,5,6 & 8. i concluded that the final 5 were numbers 7 ,9,10,11 & 12. but from your clicky link, it says this near the bottom:

"Moore has also stated that unlike the other Humanoid Cylon models, the Final Five do not have model numbers"

i was confused at the numbering. now i'm really confused. if the final 5 aren't 7,9,10,11,12 then who is?

possibly they boxed years ago? i dunno. i'll just have to watch the rest of the series.

Carl_Barrass

[7]Jan 4, 2009
    • level: 3

Just had a thought on this, big one.

6 says their where originoly 12 cylon models, she dosen't specifiy that all those models where human form (or did she, it's been a while since i watched the mini-series, gonna have to re-watch).

Going with the idea that she could have been refering to cylons in general we then have 2 types fo centurion, 2 types of raider, (heavy and normal), and 2 types of hybrid to fill in the gaps. I think Athena even says in Razor that the originol cylon centurions "where and older model that is now obsolete, from them to to us", or somthing like that.

Intresting really, given that the data is supposedly sealed away one would imagine that the raiders and centurions, (bar possibbly the originols), aren't part of the model numbering system, ok between the 2 known models of hybrid and the originol centurions we can knock off 3 models, but that, (assumming the progreshion was originol centurions --> Prototype Hybrid --> Current Hybrid --> unknown --->, still levaes an unkown before 8 and implies one of the models was made BEFORE the last of the unknowns, it IS normal to number your models as they are brought into service/use).

Damm so many questuions.

Of course from a purly out of universe perspective it's easy to say that oore probabkly intended for the 5 to have model numbers originolly and changed his mind later.

psychickiller

[8]Jan 4, 2009
    • level: 9
    aidorrocks wrote:
    tripping82 wrote:

i clicked your link & got confused. the 7 cylons we know are numbered 1,2,3,4,5,6 & 8. i concluded that the final 5 were numbers 7 ,9,10,11 & 12. but from your clicky link, it says this near the bottom:

"Moore has also stated that unlike the other Humanoid Cylon models, the Final Five do not have model numbers"

i was confused at the numbering. now i'm really confused. if the final 5 aren't 7,9,10,11,12 then who is?

possibly they boxed years ago? i dunno. i'll just have to watch the rest of the series.

To be honest it's still being debated, and no one's sure what it means.

aidorrocks

[9]Jan 9, 2009
    • level: 10
    ah man, this sucks. i'd hoped someone would be able to answer this.

frak!

scififan12921

[10]Jan 19, 2009
    • level: 6
    I'm beginning to wonder if the numbering will have meaning. Talk of the final five was forbidden-what if they helped create some of the seven and then the new generation took over and the result was #8(Sharon). Since they went to so much trouble to get her paired up with Helo it's possible she was created for the sole purpose of seeing if cylons could reproduce with humans. It's the only thing I can come up with to cover the gap.

pashao

[11]Jan 20, 2009
    • level: 13
    My theory is number seven was too human and wouldn't accept her cylon nature. She kept on killing herself so they scrapped her and built number 8 who has more free will but is less suicidal. Although the seven we see talk of the five I don't believe that the final 5 are machines or related to the machines in anyway.