Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Hulu breaks off deal with TV.com - No more BSG videos on TV.com, for now

123home123

[1]Feb 19, 2009
    • level: 55
    According to CNET News (a unit of CBS Interactive, just like TV.com), Hulu has removed access to its videos from the TV.com site. This includes all of the videos for Battlestar Galactica. Until this week, there were several full episodes available for online streaming on a rotating basis through the TV.com guide. No more.

I guess this won't affect people that much. The videos were restricted to U.S. residents anyway. U.S. residents can still watch the full episodes on scifi.com or Hulu.com as well as on the regular Sci Fi Channel.

Full episodes are still available on TV.com for various CBS shows, past and present, including CSI and Hawaii Five-O.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Finalsequel

[2]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 30
    Not surprising since Hulu is a joint venture between NBC and Fox. I am surprised it took them this long to break the deal.

MrBovineOrdure

[3]Feb 23, 2009
    • level: 6

Does this extend to the scifi.com website? I notice they haven't posted the latest episode, nor the enhanced version.

MrBOO

MrBovineOrdure

[4]Feb 24, 2009
    • level: 6

I think I found the answer at the sci-fi.com forum (little information, LOTS of off-topic whining back and forth)

I get the sense that Sci-Fi and Hulu have taken a policy to delay the on-line episodes for 8 days.

As of late, it was sort of inconsistent. Sometimes it was available on the next day; Saturday, other times, it's Tuesday. Now there seems to be a policy.

Looks like the episode is available at iTunes, but not the enhanced version. Ah well, I always used to wait till the DVDs come out for the commentary, I can wait a week.

Mr BO