Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

I hate Hulu

Lina___Inverse

[1]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 6

I have school (I can't believe the filter wouldn't let me submit a message that had a dirty word embedded within an appropriate word!) on Friday nights and I wasn't able to get the last few eps of BSG. I waited a week for them to finally get uploaded on Hulu like a day before the next new ep was supposed to be on.

Anyway, I never got to see the midseason finale! Everytime I checked it was never there. Now, I went there a few days ago and the last several eps aren't there either.

This blows. Some of us simply can't make it when the show is scheduled (however much we would like to). It used to be that I could buy it on ITunes and watch it on my IPod when and where I pleased. Now, I have to wait for it to come out on DVD.

This is better for me why?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

123home123

[2]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 55
    Hulu added each episode about 7 or 8 days after they were first shown on the Sci Fi Channel. Then they stayed up for a couple months. The latest episodes have dropped off the list but the first 5 episodes of Season 4 went back up. Don't forget that you can watch all of the Hulu episodes on TV.com as well. Just go to the Summary tab of this guide.

I think the later episodes will probably be available again on Hulu and TV.com at some point. If you need to see the episodes now, check out Amazon Unbox Video. All of the Season 4 episodes are available as paid downloads right now, for $1.99 each. If you purchase the TV Pass, the price drops a little, to $1.89 an episode.

weirdaaron

[3]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 3
    I'm pretty sure there are also some other legal sites out there where you can stream the midseason finale. I would give it a google.

123home123

[4]Aug 7, 2008
    With Amazon Unbox Video, she can buy the episodes and load them on her iPod right now, legally.

tribalchic

[5]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 17

123home123 wrote:
    With Amazon Unbox Video, she can buy the episodes and load them on her iPod right now, legally.

do they come in mp4 or another format that can be converted?

im only asking because my biggest problem with buying episodes off of itunes was they couln't be burned to a dvd and thus being doomed to be stuck on my 3-inch ipod or computer for all eternity.

123home123

[6]Aug 8, 2008
    They are in .wmv format (Windows Media Video). You also have the option to download a mobile version too, in a .amzn format, for no extra charge. I'm not sure if it will play on a regular DVD player or not.

The picture quality is better than iTunes videos, at least from what I've seen. But they aren't replacements for DVDs. If the DVD is available, I would always recommend the DVD. But for people who missed the broadcasts and don't want to wait for the Hulu/TV.com schedule and the DVD release months later, the Amazon Unbox Videos are the best option.

tribalchic

[7]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 17

123home123 wrote:
    They are in .wmv format (Windows Media Video). You also have the option to download a mobile version too, in a .amzn format, for no extra charge. I'm not sure if it will play on a regular DVD player or not. The picture quality is better than iTunes videos, at least from what I've seen. But they aren't replacements for DVDs. If the DVD is available, I would always recommend the DVD. But for people who missed the broadcasts and don't want to wait for the Hulu/TV.com schedule and the DVD release months later, the Amazon Unbox Videos are the best option.

thanks for the info, I think im gonna purchase Revelations since that is one epic episode I need to have NOW..... also, I can burn .wmv files on my comp so that makes me happy!