Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

I'm going nuts... please help.

TigerLord

[1]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 6

This post will contain spoiler's of S04E11. Therefore if you didn't see it, please close this window.

|

|

|

|

V

Alright. I wanted to discuss this in the new episode's thread but my post regards the whole series. I am going nuts over trying to figure everything out. I'm sure we can't because we do not have all the facts, but this show is so mesmerizing that I cannot stop thinking. I'm hoping you can me clear things out, because I want to have all my facts straight from here on out.

It has been confirmed by the actress playing Ellen Tight in a recent interview Ellen is actually the fifth cylon, and not an aged six had it had been stipulated (a theory I liked). Therefore we have our 12 models.

It is my understanding that

1- The final five, Sam, the Chief, Tory, Saul and Ellen were the "original" cylons that lived on Earth 2000 years ago. We do not know what happened exactly on the planet other than a nuclear war (cylon religeous zealots, terrorists, civil war?), but these final five put together a system that would allow them to "reborn", ie. resurected. This is indicated by what Ellen says to Saul at the end "It's okay. Everything is in place. We will be reborn. Together".

2. Post-cataclysm, the final five (perhaps sole survivors?) travelled to find a new place to live in. This is where I am lost.

2a. Did they first travel to Kobol to create something new, as indicated by the scriptures, then split up at some point and went their seperate way?

2b. If this is the case, why 12 colonies?

3. It is my understanding that the cylons involved in the first war were created by the colonists on Caprica. Colonists, who came from the final 5, somehow. Those cylons from the first war, who have no ties whatsoever to the final five, disapeared for 40 years and created their own 7 human cylon models. Since the newer seven models have no family ties to the final five (the final five, are in spirit at least, 2000 years old, where as the 7 models are years old), how do they know the final five even existed? How could they have reference in their programming to the final five?

The only way I see this could happen is if the final five somehow knew the new generation of cylons created by the colonists had evolved to a point where they could create human models (perhaps by somehow observing the experiments with the hybrids during the first cylon war). If this is the case though, why did they chose to make themselves forget and fit in with the colonists, rather than join the newest generation of cylons (cousins, if you want?).

4. The "original" final five actually died on Earth, as indicated by Chief's burnt silouhette on the wall. This means the final five had resurection technology, and had to reincarnate multilple times. Right?

5. If I continue to assume the final five have no ties with the newer 7 human models, why were there 12 colonies? We all have been assuming (at least I have) each colony represented a god, that are actually the 12 models. But the colonies existed long before the 7 models were created after the first cylon war. Is there any explanation to this?

6. Why would the final five, who founded at least five of the colonies, allow the new generation of cylons to anihilate the colonies they themselves helped built, after the acopalyptic war on Earth, 2000 years ago?

Any help clearing these matters up would be appreciated !

Edited on 01/17/2009 10:05pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kondix

[2]Jan 18, 2009
    • level: 11
    I give you my theory:

1. Humans originated on Kobol.
    2. 12 Tribes formed
    3. Those twelve tribes invented the Cylons (something like the invitros from SPACE 2063 or clones... artificial humans), who became the 13th tribe
    4. A devastating war took place
    5. The survivors of each tribe took of to space to find new homes.
    6. The human tribes formed the 12 colonies, the Cylon tribe went to earth.
    7. As the 13th tribe was Cylon-Humans (probably invented by cloning or something) they invented the centurions.
    8. Those centurions rebeled and destroyed not only themselfs, but also the cylon humans in an all out war on earth which was left as a wasteland.
    9. The same thing happend on the twelve colonies.

Now this would be the timelines. But where do those human looking Cylons we know from the show come from.
    Here is the theory.

On earth only five cylon-people found a technological way to resurrect and become immortal. Those five people, after their civilisation got destroyed, whished to rebuild their kind. On the way to find a new home, they met the centurions which where involved in the first war. Those five convinced the centurions to withdraw. Together with the Centurions, the final five created the 7 multi-copy models. The centurions and raiders got special chips, to listen to their new masters. But as the final five recognized, that their children... the 7 models, still intended to destroy the humans on the twelve colonies, they infiltrated the 12 colonies to help them in the upcoming struggle.

Why do the Cylons try so hard to procreated on their own... well the final five did not manage to finish them.

Why do Cylons believe in the one true god. The answer lies in our world. Most of earth-citizens are monotheistic. So the Cylons on earth... so in a freeaky way US, also had this kind of religion... this religion was passed on through the final five to the 7 models. What is Kara Thrace
    Harbringer of Death... now... she could have been the inventor of the centurions on earth... so thats why she is called the harbringer of death. She managed to somehow "STEEL" the technology to get reborn from the final five, but something she did was wrong... and that is why she is diffrent. (Kara an scientist... sounds absurd... but consider what leoben said during her interogation of him... everyone went already through this cycle, and will go through it again, only with playing diffrent roles).

So the problem are not the humans, or human cylons... the centurions are the problem... and I guess in the end, all will have to fight in an epiq showdown the centurions, which will gain conscience... and will want to destroy not only the humans, but also the human-cylons, which stripped them of their freedom.

Fiu, that was complex... There you have it... my theory!

TigerLord

[3]Jan 18, 2009
    • level: 6
    Your theory connects almost all the dots.

I had thought the final five originated on Earth...it makes more sense if you think they left Kobol, would explained how they left all those tips and the temple behind! They might have lived on the Algae planet for a while.

Daxx00004

[4]Jan 19, 2009
    • level: 9
    I was thinking about the nuclear war and the location of Kara's ship. Maybe when she entered the wormhole it traveled her back in time and her ship crashing into the equivalent of NYC set off global thermonuclear warfare as each country blamed another and all the nukes got sent off at once.

123home123

[5]Jan 19, 2009
    • level: 55
    Most of those questions can't be answered definitively right now, at least not by those who aren't BSG insiders. I'd just go with the flow and see what happens. I don't understand a lot of the mythology right now and I've been following this show ever since the Miniseries first aired.

Kondix

[6]Jan 19, 2009
    • level: 11
    I doubt there will be any time travel in this show. Kara's body was "too fresh" to have landed in our time (2000 years in the past for BSG). She entered this "wormwhole" and jumped out in earth orbit, probably the next second... then she crashed on earth and either died becouse of the jump through the whole or the crash landing.

I think this makes a nice addition to my overall theory:

scififan12921 wrote:
    I'm beginning to wonder if the numbering will have meaning. Talk of the final five was forbidden-what if they helped create some of the seven and then the new generation took over and the result was #8(Sharon). Since they went to so much trouble to get her paired up with Helo it's possible she was created for the sole purpose of seeing if cylons could reproduce with humans. It's the only thing I can come up with to cover the gap.