This post will contain spoiler's of S04E11. Therefore if you didn't see it, please close this window.
Alright. I wanted to discuss this in the new episode's thread but my post regards the whole series. I am going nuts over trying to figure everything out. I'm sure we can't because we do not have all the facts, but this show is so mesmerizing that I cannot stop thinking. I'm hoping you can me clear things out, because I want to have all my facts straight from here on out.
It has been confirmed by the actress playing Ellen Tight in a recent interview Ellen is actually the fifth cylon, and not an aged six had it had been stipulated (a theory I liked). Therefore we have our 12 models.
It is my understanding that
1- The final five, Sam, the Chief, Tory, Saul and Ellen were the "original" cylons that lived on Earth 2000 years ago. We do not know what happened exactly on the planet other than a nuclear war (cylon religeous zealots, terrorists, civil war?), but these final five put together a system that would allow them to "reborn", ie. resurected. This is indicated by what Ellen says to Saul at the end "It's okay. Everything is in place. We will be reborn. Together".
2. Post-cataclysm, the final five (perhaps sole survivors?) travelled to find a new place to live in. This is where I am lost.
2a. Did they first travel to Kobol to create something new, as indicated by the scriptures, then split up at some point and went their seperate way?
2b. If this is the case, why 12 colonies?
3. It is my understanding that the cylons involved in the first war were created by the colonists on Caprica. Colonists, who came from the final 5, somehow. Those cylons from the first war, who have no ties whatsoever to the final five, disapeared for 40 years and created their own 7 human cylon models. Since the newer seven models have no family ties to the final five (the final five, are in spirit at least, 2000 years old, where as the 7 models are years old), how do they know the final five even existed? How could they have reference in their programming to the final five?
The only way I see this could happen is if the final five somehow knew the new generation of cylons created by the colonists had evolved to a point where they could create human models (perhaps by somehow observing the experiments with the hybrids during the first cylon war). If this is the case though, why did they chose to make themselves forget and fit in with the colonists, rather than join the newest generation of cylons (cousins, if you want?).
4. The "original" final five actually died on Earth, as indicated by Chief's burnt silouhette on the wall. This means the final five had resurection technology, and had to reincarnate multilple times. Right?
5. If I continue to assume the final five have no ties with the newer 7 human models, why were there 12 colonies? We all have been assuming (at least I have) each colony represented a god, that are actually the 12 models. But the colonies existed long before the 7 models were created after the first cylon war. Is there any explanation to this?
6. Why would the final five, who founded at least five of the colonies, allow the new generation of cylons to anihilate the colonies they themselves helped built, after the acopalyptic war on Earth, 2000 years ago?
Any help clearing these matters up would be appreciated !