Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Isn't it nice?

tribalchic

[21]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 17

yeah, most of the re-accuring character actors are Vancouver locals: Donnelly Rhodes,Aaron Douglas,Alessandro Juliani,Nicki Clyne,Callum Keith Rennie,Kandyse McClure,Rekha Sharma,ect. they have all been on some Vancouver based production at one time or another.

But Jeremiah stands out as the one show with the most BSG actors appearances :Tricia helfer,Aaron Douglas,Grace Park,Alessandro Juliani,Nicki clyne,Callum Keith Rennie,John Pyper ferguson,Sam Witwer, and a bunch of others whom im forgetting all had appearances throughout both seasons.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

klabbeman

[22]Jun 15, 2008
    • level: 6

have you guys ever seen Miami vice ?, well bill adama is Martin castillo, the policechief..and starbuck in the old bsg.. he is "Face" in Ateam. i saw bionic woman episode 1... and there she was starbuck aka katte sackhoff

Edited on 06/15/2008 3:05pm
    Edited 2 total times.

nottynotme

[23]Jun 21, 2008
    • level: 3
    Just watchin Blade Trinity saw Leoben Conoy/Callum Keith Rennie. Also saw him in season1 of Supernatural Wendigo.
    Guy works in alot of stuff I like.
    Love vampire movies.

tribalchic

[24]Jun 21, 2008
    • level: 17

nottynotme wrote:
    Just watchin Blade Trinity saw Leoben Conoy/Callum Keith Rennie. Also saw him in season1 of Supernatural Wendigo. Guy works in alot of stuff I like. Love vampire movies.

yeah, he seems to be the most active outside of the series (right now) i've seen him in numorous independant films aswell.

krinks

[25]Jun 30, 2008
    • level: 7

The Canadian show "Cold Squad" features Michael Hogan as one of the detectives in a Cold Case Squad in Vancouver. He's younger and has a moustache. The same show also had cylon actor Matthew Bennett (Aaron Doral) as another detective.

"DaVinci's Inquest," about a Vancouver coroner featured Donnelly Rhodes (Dr. Cottle) as a detective as well.

I also caught an episode of Stargate SG1 with Tahmoh Pennikett as a replicator. Tahmoh was ALSO in "Cold Squad" for a while.

You can tell which shows are shot in Canada ... you always see the same Canadian actors

mialza

[26]Jun 30, 2008
    • level: 14

parallax207 wrote:
    Here's another piece of ID4 casting trivia for you; the girl who play's the president's daughter was Anne Veal on Arrested Development... I know that has nothing to do with BSG but it's interesting useless Independence Day trivia that connects to this thread.
    That's awesome. I never would have noticed that, and whenever Arrested Development can be brought into a conversation, I say do it. The two shows that ended too soon for me were AD and Firefly.

As for Mary McDonnell I saw her in ID4 shortly after the miniseries, said to myself "Wasn't she in that space show I just watched" then promptly forgot about it until this thread.

Also, Katee Sackhoff wasn't the only BSG person in Bionic Woman. Aaron Douglas(Tyrol) had a short part in the pilot as a prison guard.