Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Kara and her destiny (Possible spoilers, mainly speculation)

Jeric-Ho

[1]Jan 28, 2009
    • level: 34
    Me and my good friend were chatting about BSG yesterday and it got me, well us thinking, right, we know that the Hybrid told Kara "You are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their end.", so we were thinking, could it not be possible that when the Hybrid said she will lead them all to theire end, could it not have meant the end of the Cylons that were inhabiting Earth? and when she went to Earth in her Viper she actually helped in the destruction of it? and in the process she also got killed?, still unsure as to how she got back to Galactica in the new Viper yet though, but it is just a theory.
    Edited on 01/29/2009 12:25am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

zukiki

[2]Jan 28, 2009
    • level: 10
    I may be misinterpreting what you're saying, but I don't think that's an option since the cylons were wiped from the earth 2,000 years ago.

Jeric-Ho

[3]Jan 28, 2009
    zukiki wrote:
    I may be misinterpreting what you're saying, but I don't think that's an option since the cylons were wiped from the earth 2,000 years ago.

Yeah but Kara also said that she saw Earth and it was beautiful, and it was not destroyed when she said she had been to Earth, so we don't know how much time had passed since she said she had been to Earth and when Galactica found it.

123home123

[4]Jan 29, 2009
    • level: 55
    I changed the title of the thread because it revealed a massive spoiler for those who haven't seen the last 3 episodes. Keep in mind that the show does not air at the same time in all countries. Some viewers in the U.S. might have missed a few episodes so they may not be aware of the fate of Earth either.

In any case, please keep spoilers out of thread titles. Use more generic thread titles. However, once you mark a thread with a "spoiler" warning, then you can discuss spoilers related to the topic.

Kondix

[5]Jan 29, 2009
    • level: 11
    Lots of strange stuff to be explained... maybe it means she will be responsible for the ultimate mix of the cylons and humans... maybe only half-cylons and half-humans are to survive... all pure-bloods have to die... maybe she'll be the reason of that.

Somehow this time travel stuff... it sound like medicore Sci-Fi... I hope they won't do that!

Jeric-Ho

[6]Jan 29, 2009
    123home123 wrote:
    I changed the title of the thread because it revealed a massive spoiler for those who haven't seen the last 3 episodes. Keep in mind that the show does not air at the same time in all countries. Some viewers in the U.S. might have missed a few episodes so they may not be aware of the fate of Earth either.

In any case, please keep spoilers out of thread titles. Use more generic thread titles. However, once you mark a thread with a "spoiler" warning, then you can discuss spoilers related to the topic.

Thanks! sorry about that! didnt realise!

123home123

[7]Jan 29, 2009
    • level: 55
    No problem.

NeedDream

[8]Jan 29, 2009
    • level: 1
    I still hold on to one thought, 13 colonies... why not 13 models?

Jeric-Ho

[9]Jan 29, 2009
    NeedDream wrote:
    I still hold on to one thought, 13 colonies... why not 13 models?
    Yeah i was thinking that too, maybe Kara is the 13th, and when she dies she is reborn. There is definatly something messed up about her, otherwise how did she come back, she is definatly not 100% human.
    Edited on 01/29/2009 8:03pm

Ajclannachan

[10]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 8

I think Kara is the Hera of her generation, going on the old its all happened before and will happen again. The memories she has of Earth could be like those of the final 4 when they landed on Earth.

Plus if she was a daughter of one of the final 5 then it would make sence that they would want to save her and resurrect her into her new life.

What do you all think?

Daxx00004

[11]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 9
    Ajclannachan wrote:

I think Kara is the Hera of her generation, going on the old its all happened before and will happen again. The memories she has of Earth could be like those of the final 4 when they landed on Earth.

Plus if she was a daughter of one of the final 5 then it would make sence that they would want to save her and resurrect her into her new life.

What do you all think?

She could very well be the daughter of Tigh. That would really explain why she and Tigh bump heads so hard. They are too much alike. Her mother did say she was special and had a destiny. But her mother was also hateful to her. Could be because her mother knew she wasn't fully human.

darth_mage

[12]Feb 6, 2009
    • level: 10
    From what we saw of Earth through the flashbacks it was, despite being all cylon, a genetically diverse population. it could very well be that there are more models or survivors in the fleet and the final five were simply the leadership/ones who were known to the 12 colonies version of the cylons. leaving the way for Kara to be either a 13th tribe cylon or a hybrid. It is also possible that her, Baltar and Roslin all have at some point from the time the 13 colonies lived on Kobol and perhaps interbred through their ancestors some Cylon genetic material.

SuperBoyPrime0

[13]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 3

i was going to make a thread but apparently i cant for some reason...about me thinking that kara is the number 7 model Cylon

or a hybrid idk

Bionetic

[14]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 8
    I agree with the idea that Kara is some type of Cylon model. She might be a hybrid. I think she's the Number Seven model. Someone mentioned that they think earth had a diverse population. There really is no evidence of that. During the flashbacks, we only hear voices in the background, but we don't really see anyone other then a few of the Final Five. This is a re-post of mine from another thread. It seems to fit more appropriately in this thread. The way 'humanity and the way cylons' are now represents bad fruit. I think the only good fruit may be Kara. I believe everyone will follow the path Kara has set leading to a holocaust on that planet where the original Kara's Viper exploded and she died. The entire fleet will die and be reborn anew. They will abandon their "old/spoiled fruit" in the form of there current bodies and their current lives and they will embrace new bodies and less hateful lives representing "fresh/good fruit". In past episodes the hybrid said Kara was the "harbinger of death". Kara will lead everyone to a death that will result in resurrection. We also come across the theme of being born again with Kara's Viper. She leaves Galactica with an old beat up Viper which explodes, and then returns with a brand new looking Viper. In Christianity it says it's only in death that we are born again, or something like that. I played Tyrol's flashback scene from when he was near the wall on earth with closed captions (subtitles). The scene goes "Fresh fruit, get you fresh fruit. Fresh fruit, four for one. Fresh fruit, all organic, four for one. Four for one. Fresh fruit, Get your fresh fruit. Fresh fruit, four for one. Fresh fruit, get four for one." On the wall Tyrol is near when he has the flash back you see a sign saying "Fresh Produce". The Closed Captions continue... [cars horns honking.] [voices overlapping] [baby crying] Fresh Fruit Here! [wind chimes chiming] Can I ask for tiger lilies in those. Are these ripe? Get you fresh fruit here! Strawberries, fresh pineapple! [rumbling] Then we see a intense flash of light which is what seems to be an explosion. The scene has an underlying message. Perhaps a metaphor revolving around the repetition of the phrases, "Four for one." "Fresh fruit." and the mention of the phrase "All organic." In previous episodes, when Gauis was on the rebel baseship with Roslyn, when he got injured and was medicated, he mentioned how he was blessed with being the destroyer of civilization. Maybe humanity and cylon civilization are bad fruit. The reference to "Four for one" is a reference to the final five. The reference to "all organic" is meant to infer that the fresh fruit are the organic beings; humans and cylon".