TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Kara season 3.5 spoilers

Ajclannachan

[1]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 8

I believe that Kara is the Herra of her Generation.

It would explain why she is able to download into new bodies and if she was a child of one of the final 5 it would make sense that they would safegard her aswell as themselves.

If we are to believe that Ties wife is the 5th thats the only thing I can come up with. What do you all think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sheli20

[2]Jan 17, 2009
    Interesting

martymcflyjb

[3]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 10

That's the most plausible theory I've heard about Kara so far.

Beany13

[4]Jan 19, 2009
    • level: 7
    Hmm, interesting theory indeed.
    From the first episode i've always thought Kara might have been the daughter of Tigh. Cause they fight like father daughter.
    Could it be she's their daughter?

Ajclannachan

[5]Jan 19, 2009

Yeah I thought she could be Ties daughter, but if she isn't and she is the Herra of her generation one of the final five is her father or mother excluding Anders because that would just be wrong. Looking at the age of the members of the final 5 I think she is either the daughter of Sol or Ellen.

Assuming that there was several copies of each of the final 5 as there are with the current skin jobs I am leaning more towards Ellen been her mother rather than Sol. Going by the whole its all happened before and will happen again. She cant be both their child as she would have to be half human/half machine to be the Herra of her generation and with Sol and Ellen both been machines they both cant be her parents but I believe it is one of them.

Anyone else got any ideas? Is Ellen Kara's mother?

scififan12921

[6]Jan 19, 2009
    • level: 6

I like that theory for Kara with Tigh being the father. I don't think Ellen is the mother though, perhaps Kara's mother realized on some level that Tigh was a cylon-she always told Kara she was special. It would also explain why her mother was so messed up and nasty to her. I don't think the cylons realized they could procreate with each other until Tigh got Caprica Six pregnant. He was truly shocked.

It also keeps the goal of the 7 models trying to have children on track-they were forbidden to speak of the final five so why would they think that they had descendants?

I think the next nine episodes are going to be full of surprises-I count down to Fridays now.

pashao

[7]Jan 20, 2009
    • level: 13
    I like the idea of Kara being a hybrid but I don't think hybrids can download. Our Kara is dead. She has been replaced by another player in the game. That was her destiny. When Kara told Leoben what the hybrid had said he legged it because he realised he wasn't looking at "his" Kara but something else and it scared him. This Kara really is the harbinger of death.

Daxx00004

[8]Jan 20, 2009
    • level: 9
    pashao wrote:
    I like the idea of Kara being a hybrid but I don't think hybrids can download. Our Kara is dead. She has been replaced by another player in the game. That was her destiny. When Kara told Leoben what the hybrid had said he legged it because he realised he wasn't looking at "his" Kara but something else and it scared him. This Kara really is the harbinger of death.

Harbinger of death could just mean she carried the message not brought on the death. She brought them to the dead world. That part of the prophecy could be finished now. Still doesn't tell us who she is.

pashao

[9]Jan 21, 2009
    • level: 13

Daxx00004 wrote:
    pashao wrote:
    Harbinger of death could just mean she carried the message not brought on the death. She brought them to the dead world. That part of the prophecy could be finished now. Still doesn't tell us who she is.

True. I have been thinking of her as a messenger for a while now. I even came to a crazy conclusion that she was the embodiment of the god Hermes, messenger of the gods. But although the pantheon plays a lot in the storylines I don't see the writers going that far.