Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

LAMe!!!

PSaad87

[1]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 6
    I found it SOOO lame and disappointing that all the intense and dramatic secenes from the Oath trailer were from the last 10 minutes of the episode. and the fact that the trailer shows us how the episode ends. when i sat down to watch the episode before it even started i was wondering, " hmm, i wonder what happens when tigh and adama get a grenade thrown in with them". and at the end of the episode i still didnt know. For god's sake, we only have 7 episodes left, with all the drama and cliffhangers that they entail, it would be nice if episdoes werent spoiled a week in advance.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

psychickiller

[2]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 9
    Don't watch the previews. They're just a spoiling awful bunch of scenes pulled in together to make non-BSG fans want to watch the episode.

scififan12921

[3]Feb 6, 2009
    • level: 6
    psychickiller wrote:
    Don't watch the previews. They're just a spoiling awful bunch of scenes pulled in together to make non-BSG fans want to watch the episode.

I second that. I made the mistake of watching "The Oath" preview and was good and aggravated when the episode aired. The sneak peak however was pretty cool.

Bionetic

[4]Feb 7, 2009
    • level: 8

The previews weren't completely obvious. In fact I thought they were misleading.

SPOILERS

I thought they were gonna kill off Saul Tigh which they could have easily done considering that apparently the final five can resurrect.

What I found really lame was how this episode ended. I hated the whole forgiveness angle. It's getting annoying. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for forgiveness and the overall message, but it doesn't fit into the context of the story. Unless they plan on executing all the traitors or exiling them on some remote planet, which they should do.

I understand they executed Gaeta and the vice president, but that isn't enough. And I mean the way Adama gave the traitors who were about the execute him a choice to joining him was REALLY lame. I mean I think they made their choice when they decided to mutiny against him. What if one of them were really vested in this whole mutiny, and they decided to shoot him once he gave them back their gun. And the way they just walked up to the CIC in that group was just ridiculous. I understand the symbolism, but it really was anti-climactic.

To me, they should build up a story like a mutiny if they don't plan on carrying the story out in a way that is logical within the context of the story. The only other time they did this was when they escaped New Caprica. While the New Caprica storyline was great, they ending was ridiculous. These two episodes within the BSG saga make BSG a flawed diamond.

Edited on 02/07/2009 9:09pm