TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

My theory on all this (Spoilers)

  • Avatar of Darkness1234

    Darkness1234

    [1]Jun 14, 2008
    • member since: 08/18/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 990

    I think this is what happened.

    Earth WW3 they used Nuclear Weapons (As evident with the radiation detector in the last episode) this might have been due to Human vs Human or Human vs Cyclon

    They left Earth to find other planets to live upon, and along the way they left tracks to find their way back.

    They found a planet (The one where that priestess woman dies) can't remember the name.

    After 100s maybe 1000s of years on this planet war again Human vs Human or Human vs Cyclon

    They set of again into space to other planets, this time they founded the 12 Colonies. After 100s or 1000s of years fact become mixed with fictions such as Earth becoming the 13th colony instead of the planet they left.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KO35

    KO35

    [2]Jun 14, 2008
    • member since: 06/13/08
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 188
    it's obvious that the humans just wiped each other out with nuclear weopns The cylons had nothing to do with it because they were made by the Twelve Colonies of Kobol
    Edited on 06/14/2008 2:47pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Darkness1234

    Darkness1234

    [3]Jun 14, 2008
    • member since: 08/18/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 990
    KO35 wrote:
    it's obvious that the humans just wiped each other out with nuclear weopns The cylons had nothing to do with it because the Twelve Colonies of Kobol

    I am not saying these Cyclons I am saying the Earth Humans themselves created AIs that turned back on them.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Peter_vonFrosta

    Peter_vonFrosta

    [4]Jun 14, 2008
    • member since: 12/15/05
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 28
    Darkness1234 wrote:

    I think this is what happened.

    Earth WW3 they used Nuclear Weapons (As evident with the radiation detector in the last episode) this might have been due to Human vs Human or Human vs Cyclon

    They left Earth to find other planets to live upon, and along the way they left tracks to find their way back.

    They found a planet (The one where that priestess woman dies) can't remember the name.

    After 100s maybe 1000s of years on this planet war again Human vs Human or Human vs Cyclon

    They set of again into space to other planets, this time they founded the 12 Colonies. After 100s or 1000s of years fact become mixed with fictions such as Earth becoming the 13th colony instead of the planet they left.



    You're referring to Kobol, the birthplace of mankind. Elosha died there at the beginning of the second season.
    However the 13th tribe started from Kobol, not the other way around.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of trip31

    trip31

    [5]Jun 14, 2008
    • member since: 08/12/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 218
    I've thought the same kind of thing at times; that the colonials scriptures are all messed up (let's face it most are). Kobol was settled from Earth and their was some sort of breakdown amongst the colonists that saw them split into 12 tribes perhaps the ship they traveled on consisted of 12 different departments, that could also explain the divisions / ranking structure that still exist between the colonists. Their legends are relatively accurate after leaving Kobol but on how things started out have been re written enough as to leave the truth open to interpretation.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Darkness1234

    Darkness1234

    [6]Jun 15, 2008
    • member since: 08/18/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 990
    Peter_vonFrosta wrote:
    Darkness1234 wrote:

    I think this is what happened.

    Earth WW3 they used Nuclear Weapons (As evident with the radiation detector in the last episode) this might have been due to Human vs Human or Human vs Cyclon

    They left Earth to find other planets to live upon, and along the way they left tracks to find their way back.

    They found a planet (The one where that priestess woman dies) can't remember the name.

    After 100s maybe 1000s of years on this planet war again Human vs Human or Human vs Cyclon

    They set of again into space to other planets, this time they founded the 12 Colonies. After 100s or 1000s of years fact become mixed with fictions such as Earth becoming the 13th colony instead of the planet they left.



    You're referring to Kobol, the birthplace of mankind. Elosha died there at the beginning of the second season.
    However the 13th tribe started from Kobol, not the other way around.

    The scriptures say it started there and they also contain a sort of roadmap to Earth, for roadmap to happen someone would have had to travel to Earth build stuff along the way (The planet near a star that exploded where D'Anna saw the faces of the final 5) and then come to Earth and then go back to the Kobol. This just seems silly. I think it starts at Earth and I am going to guess 1000s of years ago FTL travel engines weren't that good so they had to stop along the way.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Freeman79

    Freeman79

    [7]Jun 15, 2008
    • member since: 09/06/03
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 71

    He has a good point.

    Here is another theory.

    Kobol, birthplace pf mankind, was the 1st planet. And from there they left to colonies other planets and that it just happened to be 13 ships that they managed to built. 12 went one way the 13th went another way. Because someone did Kamala, crack among the humans, and had a premonition about the future. 12 of 13 did not listen. So the 13th ship/tribe left alone. Building and leaving signs behind them. And when the 13th ship got to "Earth" they colonized it and then sent one smaller ship back with word of there success. But at that time a disater stroke Earth and it was destroyed. But they maneged to send one ship to another planet. And thats the real Earth.

    But then you can't forget that the writers of this show screwed up the time-line. Adm. Adama and Col. Tigh has 30 years of friendship. And Col. Tigh has 45 years of service in the fleet. WTF? Hes one words and in the colonial records. Just as long as Adama has. And the final 5 has been to Earth? How? They can't have been.

    I really hope the fix things in 4.5. Or it would be the biggest frakup in the history of television. Bigger than the one in Dallas.

    "Added"

    The Final 5 Cylons is the ones that genetically design and produced the already known 7 Cylon models. According to the 7 known cylons them self. What? That can't be.

    Again. I really hope they fix things in 4.5.

    Edited on 06/15/2008 1:15pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Bionetic

    Bionetic

    [8]Jun 15, 2008
    • member since: 08/01/02
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 352

    Here's my theory:

    What if the Battlestar Galactica and the fleet are the 13th colony? What if this drive towards earth is part of some genetic imperative driving them towards a mass exodus and this exodus is part of a repeated cycle in Cylon/Human history.

    Basically we assume that humans always controlled the 12 colonies, but what if the original colonies were founded by Cylons. Then at some point 1000's of years ago (not sure precisely how long) these Cylons gained the ability to procreate and what started as a Cylon society flourished into a human society. During this time, just like now the Cylons conquered the previous society and those who were left from that society fled. These people who fled became known as the "first" 13th colony and in time they founded what came to be known as Earth.

    Now it's all happening again. A new group of Cylons have appeared. conquering the predecessors to make way for a new colonial civilization and the Battlestar Galactica have become the new 13th colony. They will colonize Earth and the Cylons currently occupying the 12 colonies will reinvigorate Colonial society with their new found ability to procreate (through Hera - the mother of the gods) and they will gain the ability to procreate. in time what started as 7 models will emerge into a diverse society with unique individuals aka humans.

    So technically all the characters on Battlestar Galactica are descendants of Cylons. They are all hybrids.

    And one day everything that is happening of BSG will happen again. The current Cylons in the colonies will be wiped out by new models and those who survive will follow the trail left behind by the Galactica Fleet to Earth which I imagine will be decimated. Supposedly whoever wiped out earth will wipe it out again and again clearing a way for the next "13th colony".

    And what drives this cycle is a trait inherent to all Cylon/ Humans. So the hallucinations/Visions/Prophecies driving many of the characters are actually this genetic imperative - an genetic impulse all human/cylons are born with.

    From a certain stand point Adam and Eve are two Cylon models.

    Edited on 06/15/2008 1:21pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of eater11

    eater11

    [9]Jun 15, 2008
    • member since: 02/11/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 521
    It isn't so much of a screw up with Tighs age, because by all indications tigh was created at least 40 years ago. Which means he could be Number 7, but that would mean many Cylons predate the war.
    Edited on 06/15/2008 6:35pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AndreasOS

    AndreasOS

    [10]Jun 15, 2008
    • member since: 05/21/04
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 50

    As far as I can remember, there is no mention of Bill Adama knowing Saul Tigh during the original Cylon War. From what I recall, they met after the war on a civilian freighter.

    So it could be assumed that Saul Tigh has had a definite history for ~ 30 - 35 years.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Freeman79

    Freeman79

    [11]Jun 16, 2008
    • member since: 09/06/03
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 71
    They did not know one another in the first Cylon war that is correct, I was wrong about that. But they do have over 30 years of friendship. And Tigh HAS been in the Colonial Fleet for 45 years. Just as Adama has. And then we have the fact that the rest of the cylons, 7 models, say that the Final 5 created them and have been to Earth, The Hybrid. It's the Chewbacca defense all over again. It makes no sense.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of my1sunshine

    my1sunshine

    [12]Jun 16, 2008
    • member since: 09/15/07
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 349

    When it comes to the Final five, we know almost nothing of their true nature..where they came from..who created them, when.. etc. Fans have also assumed that the Final five created the other "skinjobs". Speculation. Nothing and nobody has been brought aboard to suggest this is true. In fact, all indications so far are that the Five might have been created by different makers then the rest of them. They probably had some interaction/involvement with the construction and programming of the other seven, which is probably why they are so revered. But it's very hard to say.. "well this can't be because so and so"...because so much of the Five is unknown, and what we DO know contradicts other cylon edicts. There are reasons. They just haven't been explained yet.

    As for the past history of Tigh and his military career...we've learned from another Cylon model, that what is constued as past history...even memory, can be false, or programmed. Sharon Valleri has clear memories of Troy and the disaster that killed her parents. Did she ever really live through it? Probably not. All we KNOW for sure, is that Tigh and Adama met in a bar, probably about ten years after the war.. when Adama introduced himself as Sauls new shipmate. His service before that may have been programed, and his record could have been fabricated. Anybody who went through this much to assimilate the Five into Colonial society so seemlessly, no doubt went through a lot to build past backrounds. Or maybe he did serve that long. It's been said the Five have been to Earth. They could have been constructed hundreds of years ago. Who knows? I guess we'll find out, won't we?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of guyroy1971

    guyroy1971

    [13]Jun 16, 2008
    • member since: 04/18/08
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 87

    I believe bionetic has it just about right. I believe the final four (not five, but four) are either very old and reprogram themselves to wipe their memories clean every seventy years or so and start over, to be reactivated by some kind of marker (such as the way to earth) or that it was programmed into their DNA by their forefathers eons ago to reactivate. Under this view, Tigh, Anders, etc.. became the final four cylons by chance (it is in their DNA and may be in others) and was activated when they reached a marker to earth. They themselves are a map to earth who only awakened to their true nature when they were on the road to earth. If they were not activated, I believe (under this theory) they would have lived the rest of their lives never being cylons and their offspring, or someone else's in humanity that has the DNA would have been activated if they got near earth. I know it is out there, but I think its a good explaination and answers the complaints about Tigh being so old, etc..

    I believe the final cylon not shown is on earth or wherever they are now and will answer the question about the cylons true nature. I also share the view that Earth was humanities home and the cylons were built before and they destroyed earth (and the humans in turn destroyed them), which caused the survivors to go to Kobol, where they again fled some disaster to form the twelve colonies. Thousands of years later, human (or hybrids if they mated before) again built intelligent machines who again destroyed them. Under this view, the thirteenth tribe didn't leave Kobol, but was actually the original survors from earth, and the story got mixed up through the centuries. Now they are back to the beginning (earth) and the whole thing will start again. This kind of "life is a wheel" story is actually common (see the Matrix or Steven King's Dark Tower books where Roland gets to the dark tower and finds out he repeated the journey over and over again for eons and he must repeat it again, he is in his own personal hell for his sins (which I won't describe here, you'll have to read the book).

    Although many don't like the religous aspects of the show, I believe the "higher power" they referred to last episode is either a divine or genetic imperative to relive their sins (both cylons and human) over and over again. They destroyed themselves on Earth and they keep destroying themselves over and over again, and therefore both humans and cylons are damned in a real sense, and for this sin the "punishment" is to relive the cycle over and over again until the humans and cylons do not destroy themselves. This would explain Kara's ship, Balter's healing, the final five, etc.. (God is reasserting himself in their lives to go back to the beginning to start the wheel again)

    Now that the ressurection hub is destroyed and the cylons are mortal they will get rid of the metal cylons, mate with humans and reclaim earth. I great ending for the series would be for them to show the new hybrids (now humans) two thousand years from now activating a brand new discovery, a metal cylon with the red eye going back and forth and the cyle start anew.

    I am sorry if this is deep, but ts my theory and I am sticking to it, for now. lol

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kanniballl

    kanniballl

    [14]Jun 16, 2008
    • member since: 07/02/03
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,312
    guyroy1971 wrote:

    IUnder this view, Tigh, Anders, etc.. became the final four cylons by chance (it is in their DNA and may be in others) and was activated when they reached a marker to earth. They themselves are a map to earth who only awakened to their true nature when they were on the road to earth. If they were not activated, I believe (under this theory) they would have lived the rest of their lives never being cylons and their offspring, or someone else's in humanity that has the DNA would have been activated if they got near earth. I know it is out there, but I think its a good explaination and answers the complaints about Tigh being so old, etc..

    I do like the idea of endless penance, keep setting them up to repeat their major sin until they wise up (or the stars burn out). That works out well and would buy it if the writers choose that route.

    As for a fuzzy defined list of candidates for the the final 4 (or 5) I'd have a harder time believing it.

    The problem with that is what if 8 or 10 people survived the holocaust and made it to the nebula. And let's take that a step further that another group of them was on another ship, found that ship's group out upon entering the nebula in their excercise room or whatever.

    Then we'd have the "final eight:" 2 group of 4 (or so) on different ships, yet we've known forever that there are only 5.

    In that scenario you'd still need some third party to choose who to activate upon entering the nebula to make sure you don't end up with dozens of activations.

    The whole question is a big one, how the frak did the final 4/5 come to be, survive, and wind up in the same place. That's too big to be coincidence.

    You're explanation of a fuzzy group works that all out but then you still have the question of making sure the numbers match up.

    I don't have a better one, only that maybe they each had subliminal imperatives to persue certain jobs/positions and to be in certain places at certain times to ensure they survive. That maybe a third party (or the 5th-five) was covertly directing the Cylons specifics (like strike coordinates and times) and making sure that the key players were all safe. And the 7 models were embedded with an imperative to not wonder about them because then they might realize who's pulling their strings.

    Edited on 06/16/2008 4:10pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Bionetic

    Bionetic

    [15]Jun 17, 2008
    • member since: 08/01/02
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 352
    guyroy1971 wrote:

    I believe bionetic has it just about right. I believe the final four (not five, but four) are either very old and reprogram themselves to wipe their memories clean every seventy years or so and start over, to be reactivated by some kind of marker (such as the way to earth) or that it was programmed into their DNA by their forefathers eons ago to reactivate. Under this view, Tigh, Anders, etc.. became the final four cylons by chance (it is in their DNA and may be in others) and was activated when they reached a marker to earth. They themselves are a map to earth who only awakened to their true nature when they were on the road to earth. If they were not activated, I believe (under this theory) they would have lived the rest of their lives never being cylons and their offspring, or someone else's in humanity that has the DNA would have been activated if they got near earth. I know it is out there, but I think its a good explaination and answers the complaints about Tigh being so old, etc..

    I believe the final cylon not shown is on earth or wherever they are now and will answer the question about the cylons true nature. I also share the view that Earth was humanities home and the cylons were built before and they destroyed earth (and the humans in turn destroyed them), which caused the survivors to go to Kobol, where they again fled some disaster to form the twelve colonies. Thousands of years later, human (or hybrids if they mated before) again built intelligent machines who again destroyed them. Under this view, the thirteenth tribe didn't leave Kobol, but was actually the original survors from earth, and the story got mixed up through the centuries. Now they are back to the beginning (earth) and the whole thing will start again. This kind of "life is a wheel" story is actually common (see the Matrix or Steven King's Dark Tower books where Roland gets to the dark tower and finds out he repeated the journey over and over again for eons and he must repeat it again, he is in his own personal hell for his sins (which I won't describe here, you'll have to read the book).

    Although many don't like the religous aspects of the show, I believe the "higher power" they referred to last episode is either a divine or genetic imperative to relive their sins (both cylons and human) over and over again. They destroyed themselves on Earth and they keep destroying themselves over and over again, and therefore both humans and cylons are damned in a real sense, and for this sin the "punishment" is to relive the cycle over and over again until the humans and cylons do not destroy themselves. This would explain Kara's ship, Balter's healing, the final five, etc.. (God is reasserting himself in their lives to go back to the beginning to start the wheel again)

    Now that the ressurection hub is destroyed and the cylons are mortal they will get rid of the metal cylons, mate with humans and reclaim earth. I great ending for the series would be for them to show the new hybrids (now humans) two thousand years from now activating a brand new discovery, a metal cylon with the red eye going back and forth and the cyle start anew.

    I am sorry if this is deep, but ts my theory and I am sticking to it, for now. lol

    Thanks, guyroy1971! I personally still think Earth came from Kobol and not the other way around. I think most people use the idea that the Colonies came from Earth as a way to explain the prophetic aspects of BGS; but if they are truly repeating events that occurred in the past, this then would explain how all these prophecies came to pass. They aren't seeing the future, but they are remembering the past and repeating the actions of their ancestors.

    I honestly think that all humans are descended from cylons and that the only real differences between humans and Cylons is how they reproduce. In fact I think humans are actually descended from Cylons. Everyone in the fleet therefore is descended from a hybrid; thus answering the question "Are you a human or a Cylon?". We (technically they) are both Cylons and Humans.

    I know someone is going to say another key difference between Cylons and humans is that Cylons can resurrect. I think both human or Cylon can resurrect. Then the only difference between the 7 cylon models and humans would be why Cylons resurrect and humans don't. Outside of technological advancement; one could assume that it's a difficult painstaking process to pinpoint the "frequency" the soul "departs" on. In order for humans to be resurrected you'd have to pinpoint that frequency in which each individual human resurrects on and recalibrate each the Resurrection ship to catch that frequency. Since all cylons are the same, they all resurrect on relatively the same 7 frequencies. Thus the Cylons only have to worry about monitoring 7 frequencies plus the hybrid frequencies.

    I have another theory. Sorry about all the theories. What if the final 5 aren't physical models, but what if they are just ghosts. When i say ghosts I mean software; like "ghost in the machine". So technically for example the ghost in a cylon is the software or mind and the machine is the hardware or body. What if the final five don't have physical bodies and somehow there ghosts were uploaded into Saul Tigh, Galen Tyrol, Samuel Anders, and Tory Foster. So the Temple of Five didn't reveal the final five, but in essence it released them. The possession/communion would occur more or less the same way resurrection occurs. So then, how does D'Anna-Three know who the final five are, you ask? Perhaps D'Anna-Three doesn't see physical traits, like facial features and such, but maybe she only has specs like a frequency which only a cylons can detect. Perhaps it is the same trait which allows Cylons to distinguish one another; for example how they can tell the differance between Boomer and Athena or Caprica-six and Natalie-six (the Six Athena killed; leader of the Cylon rebels). Basically the frequency specs were uploaded into D'Anna-Three when she interacted with the Temple of the Five. Notice how she never names the final five. Maybe she didn't know who they were until she saw them, or more specifically until she saw the frequency associated with each of them. So for example Tigh physically isn't a cylon (although he is descended from one); he is just being possessed by/communing with a Cylon and this possession/communion occurred sometime after they visited the Temple of the Five.

    In fact maybe all these prophecies that Roslyn and Kara and whoever are seeing/dreaming are the result of info uploaded into human minds from a third part (an alternative explanation to where the prophesies come from). That's my long winded theories.

    Edited on 06/17/2008 7:21am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Darkness1234

    Darkness1234

    [16]Jun 17, 2008
    • member since: 08/18/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 990


    ***SPOILER***



    Shouldn't have read that part, you could have put a spoiler tag since I was thinking of reading that book series.

    Getting back on topic, I still stand by my theory it is a sound theory, we won't we able to proof or disproof my theory until more episodes get aired which won't be for another 6 months

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of nottynotme

    nottynotme

    [17]Jun 17, 2008
    • member since: 05/28/08
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 56
    In an interview about his Dark Tower series (appearing in issue #4 of the 2007 Marvel Comic adaptation The Gunslinger Born), Stephen King was asked if there are spoilers in the first few novels that would ruin someone's experience of the comic. "There are no spoilers!" King replied. "You might as well say "I'm never gonna watch Wizard of Oz again because I know how it comes out.'"
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Darkness1234

    Darkness1234

    [18]Jun 18, 2008
    • member since: 08/18/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 990
    nottynotme wrote:
    In an interview about his Dark Tower series (appearing in issue #4 of the 2007 Marvel Comic adaptation The Gunslinger Born), Stephen King was asked if there are spoilers in the first few novels that would ruin someone's experience of the comic. "There are no spoilers!" King replied. "You might as well say "I'm never gonna watch Wizard of Oz again because I know how it comes out.'"

    I read the comic book and thought it was good, but what guyroy1971 said was the ending of the book. I can't really blame him since the book is old now.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of misterwobbley

    misterwobbley

    [19]Jun 18, 2008
    • member since: 06/30/05
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 12

    My take is that humans started out on earth. They created a slave race which rebelled. At the end of the war the earth was devastated and the survivors headed off into space and eventually settled on Kobol. However these survivors werent the creators but the created.

    The twelve lords of kobol weren't single people, but rather the representatives of twelve seperate groups of their peoples (similar to the quorum of 12). The symbols on the flags of the 12 colonies were originally the symbos these 12 groups used and would have originated on Earth.

    After some time these people created their own race of servants. These new people knew nothing of the true histories of their creators and took the story of the movement to Kobol to be the 13 tribe myth. Eventually strife broke out between these new servants and their masters and again the servants who survived tok to the starts to form the 13 colonies.

    Calling themselves human these new peoples once again went through the cycle and created the Cylons, which once again rebelled. Only this time something has changed.

    The Cylons haven't been able to complete their original plan of wiping out humanity and their plan changed. Something has interfered with the cycle - the 4 cylons of the original humans created on Kobol and the One an original from earth.

    The One hasn't awakened because the One hasn't slept.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Bionetic

    Bionetic

    [20]Jun 18, 2008
    • member since: 08/01/02
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 352
    misterwobbley wrote:

    The One hasn't awakened because the One hasn't slept.



    I like that last quote, it sounds like it should be a slogan on a BSG ad or something.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.