Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

My Theory on Cylons Humans and the repeated history

dr-kermit

[1]Jan 23, 2007
    • level: 1

Humans themselves are cylons that have evolved into perfect humans, and
    now history repeats itself.

Humans develop robots tha becomes highly intelligent, eventually wipes out the humans, settle on a planet and
    evolves into humans, develop robots.

These robots gets higly intelligent, wipes out humans. And everything is repeated.

You get the point?

Best regards Kenneth

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boromirbeauty

[2]Jan 23, 2007
    • level: 61
    Interesting. I had a similar theory about this, but I like yours as well.

MichaudMR

[3]Jan 23, 2007
    • level: 17
    One of my favorite lines when teaching history "Same circus, different clowns"

speshtian

[4]Jan 23, 2007
    • level: 4
    Wow it never occurred to me before, but it's an intriguing theory.  "All of this has happened before; all of this will happen again" holds a new meaning to me now.

Rocket_Man141

[5]Jan 24, 2007
    • level: 17
    i dunno, even though the Cylons have attempted to become humans, they are still machines underneath everything. There is still something not quite organic about them.

dr-kermit

[6]Jan 24, 2007
    I cant see u point there, i think they evolve over time to something that we call biological, but in fact is an highy developed robot ;o)

planet-ex

[7]Jan 24, 2007
    • level: 8
    I have some problems with the repeating thing:

1. How they can "forget" that this ever happend before?
    2. How is it possible that they always end up at the same technology level? They leave Kobol/Earth, create Cylons, Cylon-Human-War, leave the 12 Colonies and find earth and the 13th tribe.
    3. If they reach earth and they will return in the future to Kobol and their colonies, why they do the same mistakes again (creating cylons.....war.....billion of deaths). I mean....look at my first point: How they can forget this...why they don't write it down.....put it into their computers or whatever. I don't count the prophecy in the books. If this wars happend to them they should write down: Remember, don't build androids. This shall be the first law. And even if it works well in the End with he Cylons....they mix...or they have peace. They should have written something down, too.

Maybe it could only work like this: Kobol will be the home of the Final 5 (gods) who create the perfect mix of humans and cylons. Earth is the place (new home) of the "old" humans. When the Final 5 have finished the building of their own civilisation of mixed, they will send them out to the now "free" 12 colonies. There their children can build up their own future, till it leads to the big conflict again. But also here is the problem: Why the 5 wouldn't tell them that they should not build robots.....mabye because it is the law of life....or they are responsible for themself!?

Llanfechell

[8]Jan 24, 2007
    I think the current exodus IS the 13th tribe.

The 12 colonies come together and head for earth to make a new home.

I think the final 5 cylons deliver them to thier new world and are then remembered as gods who saved them.

The 5 remaining cylon models are the people who are guiding the rest of the colonies towards a new begining.

The problem is they can not download and there is only 1 copy of them.

They were made too human and as a result sided more with the humans than with the cylons.

lustorende

[9]Jan 24, 2007
        Ron Moore has already stated that it was an old verse from the old show that he brought back because he thought it was an interesting philosiphical idea to play off of and we know that show deals heavily with the ideas of reincarnation. First Lora and Sharon (Athena) now Starbuck, along with the major plot points of the narrative are all being refered to in their scriptures, and it's stated that it is all happened before (thus reincarnation), this points to this story is being replayed every several millinia.

Now whether that means the humans and cylon's are evolving into and creating each other every 20,000 years or if they are mating with each other till their is no difference between the two makes no difference. Although, the later is more probable. The bottom line is that their is some sort of comsic repetition going.
    Edited on 01/24/2007 12:06pm

xxxBEASTxxx

[10]Jan 25, 2007
    • level: 22
    Llanfechell wrote:
    I think the current exodus IS the 13th tribe.

The 12 colonies come together and head for earth to make a new home.

I think the final 5 cylons deliver them to thier new world and are then remembered as gods who saved them.

The 5 remaining cylon models are the people who are guiding the rest of the colonies towards a new begining.

The problem is they can not download and there is only 1 copy of them.

They were made too human and as a result sided more with the humans than with the cylons.

I really like your idea about the reasoning of the final 5 cylons. It seems to be the most plausible of all the theories I've read so far. It would be interesting if they did side with the humans over the cylons.

dr-kermit

[11]Mar 21, 2009
    I have said it before, as stated in my first post here in this thread.

"All of this has happened before; all of this will happen again"

And i think that my theory is the most likely. We are even given an hint in the finale, that the robots will evolve again.

Best Series ever. So Say We All.

dragon22a

[12]Mar 21, 2009
    • level: 32

Its possible that they did wirte down and record what happened and that it was lost over time. But it is also possible that their writings became the stuff of myth and legend, maybe even religion as we know it. Think about it, many of the things we see as myths were held as true relgion at one point.

Since some of colonies settled on other continents and over the years changed and passed on their beliefs in their own ways with their own peronal changes. over the years this grew into wildly different relegions and cultures. Some of the colonies settled with the ideas of polytheisim and others with monotheistic beliefs. These beliefs over time could have evolved into the releigions we know today. The colony which ended up in greece, through texts or paintings or sculptures handed down the greek gods. those in egypt changed the names of their gods to fit their new different culture.

As for todays humans being evolved forms of humans, in a way it is true. While it is possible that the cylons eventually died out for all we know in time the cylons became able to reproduce nad would do so with humans to spread and change. over the years they cross bred with humans and their hybrid children did so on and so on. in a few hundred generations the cylon genome would have been assimilated with the human a part of the dna. basically put modern day humans are all part cylon.

when it comes to the fact that history will repeat its self, it is that humanity becomes too dependant on technology. Begins to put to much power and faith into it and it eventually turns against it. They may not be called cylons when it happens again, they could be called terminators or what ever distinction we give them. but the end remains the same.

my1sunshine

[13]Mar 22, 2009
    • level: 12

planet-ex wrote:
    I have some problems with the repeating thing:

1. How they can "forget" that this ever happend before?
    2. How is it possible that they always end up at the same technology level? They leave Kobol/Earth, create Cylons, Cylon-Human-War, leave the 12 Colonies and find earth and the 13th tribe.
    3. If they reach earth and they will return in the future to Kobol and their colonies, why they do the same mistakes again (creating cylons.....war.....billion of deaths). I mean....look at my first point: How they can forget this...why they don't write it down.....put it into their computers or whatever. I don't count the prophecy in the books. If this wars happend to them they should write down: Remember, don't build androids. This shall be the first law. And even if it works well in the End with he Cylons....they mix...or they have peace. They should have written something down, too.

Maybe it could only work like this: Kobol will be the home of the Final 5 (gods) who create the perfect mix of humans and cylons. Earth is the place (new home) of the "old" humans. When the Final 5 have finished the building of their own civilisation of mixed, they will send them out to the now "free" 12 colonies. There their children can build up their own future, till it leads to the big conflict again. But also here is the problem: Why the 5 wouldn't tell them that they should not build robots.....mabye because it is the law of life....or they are responsible for themself!?

It's called selective memory loss, or apathy.

It's human nature. We are capable of incredible, creative feats.. but when you get right down to it.. when given a choice, we'll always choose to do the wrong thing no matter how wrong it may seem, or how good the intentions.

So even when we know what "Happened before ".. we're alway just arrogant enough to think that we can do something brilliant to "Break the cycle" . Usually, it's this arrogance that gets us into trouble.

Oh, wait. we're tlking about a TV show, aren't we? I forgot.

dr-kermit

[14]Mar 23, 2009
    my1sunshine wrote:

Oh, wait. we're tlking about a TV show, aren't we? I forgot.

That is so well put, there is many folks out there lifting this show to the status of "Documentary" or even the one truth ;o)

Nice one....

Gezquester

[15]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 43

Yeah, it'll be the Matrix all over again, lol. They do say history has a habit of repeating itself. It would be kinda cool if a spin-off from BSG could be set in the future and it all happens again!

Back to the real world though, I honestly get worried sometimes with some people's drive to build these hyper artificially intelligent robots and what not. Have these people never seen The Terminator, or The Matrix, or I, Robot?