Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Need some help...to know in which order should I watch...

hades200621

[1]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 7
    Local channel just started broadcasting this amazing TVshow from the begining. I had the chance to see few moments from this TVshow and that how I realized that it quite decent and worth watching show. I already saw episodes 1-11 from season 1, then I decided to make some searching and after a short search I found out that there are plenty other titles for this show such as "Battlestar Galactica Miniserie" "Battlestar Galactica Razor" "Battlestar Galactica: The Phenomenon" so I would appreicate if someone explain me in which order should I keep watching this TVshow!!!Thanks in advance!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

WuKeSong

[2]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 3
    1) Miniserie (works as a pilot for the whole show)
    2) Season 1
    3) Season 2
    4) Resistance Minisodes
    5) Season 3
    6) Razor Flashbacks Minisodes
    7) Razor (2 hours episode, between season 3 & 4)
    Season 4
    9) Kill yourself, cause it's over.

And you can skip "the phenomenon", which is not really part of the series, but more like a giant teaser for the show.

hades200621

[3]Jun 19, 2008
    wow... thanks alot for this essential information and for replying so fast!!!

and are you saying there are only 4 seasons?

MrBovineOrdure

[4]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 6

Yup. 1 3-hour miniseries, 1 movie, a handful of webisodes and 4 seasons.

They've only aired 10 episodes of the 4th season so far.

Mr BO

hazelnut144

[5]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 8
    They are also making webisodes apparently for between 4.0 and 4.5, and they may be doing at least one TV movie, like Razor.

hades200621

[6]Jun 19, 2008
    well thanks alot guys.

I definitely will look forward for anything BG has to offer till than I still few seasons to watch

Lei_K

[7]Jun 20, 2008
    • level: 11
    hades200621 wrote:
    well thanks alot guys. I definitely will look forward for anything BG has to offer till than I still few seasons to watch
    welcome to the forum! just had to say... wish I had a few seasons to watch right about now that I hadn't seen!!

my1sunshine

[8]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 12
    Heck, I'm Re-watching anyway. A few times. And yes, I do have a life. But I see something new everytime, and you gain new perspectives, and new light shone on certain issues. And...it's frakkin fun!

Kondix

[9]Jun 26, 2008
    If u want to watch Razor chronologicaly correct then u should see it before CAPTAINS HAND I guess... the only contra on watching it then is u might get a little bit spoiled for season 3, but I am always for chronological viewing
    Greets

redhawk100

[10]Jun 26, 2008

You know, I completely understand the confusion here. Since I came into the series late (in the 3rd season) I had the same problem with the miniseries.

Why couldnt they have simply have called the miniseries "Pilot" later on when they knew it was picked up as a series and discontinue selling it alone and only sell it with the season 1 boxset?

my1sunshine

[11]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 12

Kondix wrote:
    If u want to watch Razor chronologicaly correct then u should see it before CAPTAINS HAND I guess... the only contra on watching it then is u might get a little bit spoiled for season 3, but I am always for chronological viewing Greets

So am I..however it takes place directly AFTER The Captain's Hand..not before.

123home123

[12]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 55
    redhawk100 wrote:

You know, I completely understand the confusion here. Since I came into the series late (in the 3rd season) I had the same problem with the miniseries.

Why couldnt they have simply have called the miniseries "Pilot" later on when they knew it was picked up as a series and discontinue selling it alone and only sell it with the season 1 boxset?

The regular U.S. version of the Season 1 DVD includes the full Miniseries.

The U.K. version of the Season 1 DVD set did not include the Miniseries. Neither did the "Best Buy Special Edition" DVD set of Season 1. I still see the Miniseries DVD on store shelves. New viewers need to be careful when buying the Season 1 DVD. Read the product description and the back cover to make sure the Miniseries is included.

Kondix

[13]Jun 27, 2008

New viewers also need to be carefull when they buy S2 and S3... couse some of them sets have extended editions of Pegasus (S2) and Unfinished Buisness (S3)and some of them have not...

Plain example... Unfinished buisness is right now only available at US DVD sets... no european has it... thats why I still wait for the right set for me to be released! And believe me... it truly is worth to watch the extended editions (its not much changed... but it makes a diffrence)...

I hope they do one for Season 4.1!

PS: Sorry for the RAZOR mistake

Edited on 06/27/2008 12:55am

Kondix

[14]Nov 10, 2008
    I just rewatched BSG up to the end of the New Caprica storyline with RAZOR in its correct chronological place (just after the Captains Hand) and I can say safely... there are absolutley no spoilers in this one... the only diffrence is, that you get to know about the hybrids and Kara - Harbringer of Death a bit earlier... but no real spoilers regarding the Cylons or any other REAL major story arcs.

waddaho

[15]Nov 11, 2008

just to make sure im two episodes away from finishing the first season

never thought id lve this show but hey

it happens

ne way

want to make sure

i shud watch razor

after the captains hand which is the 17th ep of season 2

then finish the rest of season 2 and 3

then webisodes

then 4

right?

Kondix

[16]Nov 12, 2008
    Yes, watch RAZOR after THE CAPTAINS HAND, and then proceed with Downloaded... Here is the right chronology:

The Captains Hand
    Razor
    Downloaded & Lay down your burdens 1 & 2
    Webisodes - The Resistance
    Season 3
    Season 4

And don't worry... RAZOR is not spoiling anything... you simply get some info a bit earlier... but it's not spoilers for the regular show! I think it even makes it easier to understand some of the more "strange" topics from Season 3.

Have fun, I am now in the middle of season 3 rewatching the show before the conclusion... gotta say, this show is mindblowing
    Edited on 11/12/2008 12:07am
    Edited 2 total times.

klylu

[17]Jan 14, 2009
    • level: 8
    okay... sorry if it is a stupid question but when you say 'miniserie' you refer to the episodes aired in the '78, right?

Kondix

[18]Jan 14, 2009

No...

definetly I will never in my whole life recomend anyone to watch that thing from the late 70ies...

The Miniseries is th epilot 3h episode which sets the whole story in motion! I actually recommend you to watch the razor flashback webisodes even before the miniseries... they give you quite a nice scope on what a hell of a ride awaits you (space battles, little erotica, lot of drama) whithout spoiling anything!

Here you have my recomendation altered from WuKeSong

1) Razor Flashbacks Minisodes

2) Miniserie (works as a pilot for the whole show)

3) Season 1

4) Season 2 (up to episode 2.17 THE CAPTAiNS HAND)

5) Razor

6) Season 2 (Beginning with 2.18 DOWNLOADED)

7) Resistance Minisodes

8 Season 3

9) Season 4.1

10)The Face of the Enemy Webisodes

11)Season 4.5

12) Then in some near future THE PLAN telemovie will air... but you will have the show finished by then, couse it's THAT good!

Greets and be sure to watch the extended episodes of PEGASUS and UNFINISHED BUISNESS!!!

Edited on 01/14/2009 2:23pm
    Edited 2 total times.

pinot10

[19]Jan 14, 2009
    • level: 5

Kondix, i guess this order below that you posted is the chroniclocally placed order right?

1) Razor Flashbacks Minisodes

2) Miniserie (works as a pilot for the whole show)

3) Season 1

4) Season 2 (up to episode 2.17 THE CAPTAiNS HAND)

5) Razor

6) Season 2 (Beginning with 2.18 DOWNLOADED)

7) Resistance Minisodes

8 Season 3

9) Season 4.1

10)The Face of the Enemy Webisodes

11)Season 4.5

Thats cool, but my question is (and i no there is no spoilers as you mentioned) that if u watched the series how it aired, wouldn't that be more fun to watch.

For example with the Star Wars movies they did 4-6 first then 1-3 and it was cool watching 1-3 4 the 1st time, how everything seemed 2 slip into place nicely 4 the end game (4-6). How some1 gave the bad guys the plans 4 the death star, how Lukes uncle and aunty game in, how the emproir became all scarry and ugly.

Those where cool things 2 c how they happen instread of being suprised when it did happen.

That said, is it the same if u watched BSG as it aired rather then chroncolically, if you get my drift.

Kondix

[20]Jan 14, 2009
    Yeah... I get it...
    I tell you this way...

Watching Razorflashbacks first, just gives you a great preview on the special effects, the drama... and one sentence that will become more and more important (and that is it's chronological place).
    The Minisierie... it's really cool... but it's very story-heavy... so it's my recomandation... to start of with a bit action from the first Cylon War (RAZOR FB)... you will not get spoilers... but you will get action before the long story (i won't say it's draging... but the pace is slow on this one)

With the RAZOR thing... it gives you one or two minor informations (not spoilers). These informations are about a key aspect of Cylon-technology and something prophecy-like (which is still unexplained, so it doesn't matter if you know before S3 or before S4, it just makes one major character even more interesting)... and I believe, these aspects are better explained in RAZOR then in season 3 (on the run and by the way)... and the main characters are in totally diffrent situations at the end of season 3... so when you suddenly jump back 2 years... it gets confusing... It's just my opinion, but story-wise I would definetly recommend the chronological order! (As I would now watch Star Wars Ep1,Ep2,Everything Clone Wars, Ep3 -> Original Trilogy) PS: The prequel Trilogy spoils the original Trilogy of Star Wars... in BSG chronological Viewing only improves the understanding of the story without spoiling anything.

Hope I could help