Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Need some help...to know in which order should I watch...

pinot10

[22]Jan 15, 2009
    • level: 5

Ok then Kondix, you convinced me, ill watch it chroniclocally.

But here is the thing, i guess its stupid 4 me to buy the Razor movie by its self right now seeing it will properly come with the complete season 4 box set which i am planning to buy when it comes out.

So in your list Razor comes after 2.17 so if i watch one episode each week, hopefully after 17 weeks the complete season 4 will b out on dvd right. How long did it take from the end of the 1st half of season 4 to finish airing to them releasing the box set?

And also with the web episodes (The Resistance), are they meant to be apart of any box set. Cause i bought a big box set containing the mini series + seasons 1-3 and i cant find the web episodes. I downloaded them anyway but it will still be nice to have them as part of the battlestar galactica set.

Cause i am sure (and hope) when they do release the complete 4th season they will include the flashbacks, Razor and the other web episodes (The face of the enermy)

And if we are going chronically, (i no it still might b 2 days early to tell) is 4.11 b4 or after the The Face of the Enemy (A 10-part online series) as it suggests on the episode guide. I guess i should ask that question again in 2 days right?

Thanx

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pinot10

[23]Jan 15, 2009

Hmm, now i am not sure

I found a youtube style video on the Razor flashback and watched it. And (i have seen season 1, so i no that the cylons look like humans) it was kinda cool to learn that 40 years ealier the cylons where starting to build the human looking cylons.

And i guess its what you prefer, but i like that fact that you learn (even if its out of place chronicallically) that they were starting to build human cylons 40 years b4 hand and u only find out that fact in season 4 (i have not season past season 1 though but even though it did not make a difference when i saw it chronicallically, it was still cool to rewind to find out new things). And i guess this is what i was talking about with the star wars example.

So now i am not sure, seeing i like that way of story telling is it still worth me watching chronically or should i watch it in the order of airing 4 the 1st time. Is there more things like that if i watched it in the order of airing?

Doom442

[24]Jan 15, 2009
    • level: 4
    Watch it chronologically. The whole story arc within Razor takes place between 2 17 and 2 18. Watching after season 3 has no value whatsoever except for one 5 second scene which people have exaggerated the importance of.

pinot10

[25]Jan 15, 2009

Ok, i guess i just got my second opion. Thanx Doom442

One final thing though is Razor the movie related to the flashbacks, also called Razor. Is there a conection b/w the 2. Becuse i watched a clip saying that the flashbacks (which aired 1st) are shown in preparation 4 the razor movie and i am a little confussed by the conection of those 2 videos (Razor + Razor FB).

Especlly seeing chronicallically they are so far apart

Thanx

Doom442

[26]Jan 15, 2009
    To my knowledge the Razor Flashbacks are pretty much deleted scenes from Razor. As the name suggest, they are Flashbacks from within Razor. The Extended version of Razor contains most of these flashbacks in the correct place (apart from 2 of them).

Kondix

[27]Jan 15, 2009
    • level: 11
    That's true... It is not a big deal... there is a connection between the movie and the flashbacks... but it is not very big... and there are not all flashbacks in the extended version of the film as Doom said...
    But it kinda is not a good thing to watch em directly before Razor movie, couse you will see most of it in the film a second time. Watching it before the Miniseries was cool... couse, when you get to those flashbacks in the movie at the end of season 2... well, after seeing them at the beginning.... they really do feel like flashbacks

pinot10

[28]Jan 16, 2009

Now that i think about it, it could have gone either way with the flashbacks

On 1 hand, i like how they rewind the story to let us learn that they were starting to build human cylons 40 years b4 hand. But on the other hand if i had not seen the mini series or season 1 and this was all new to me and i started with the flashbacks, i would have wondered what the body parts were doing and found out by watching the mini series that there were human looking cylons, which would have been cool as well. Seeing it would have related back to those body parts.

And i guess another good thing is watching it chronicallically is got to do with the ending of the flashbacks. When it showed the ending of the flashbacks and Adama standing in the musium and (i think it was) Gayta telling him about Appolo joining the decommissioning cermony etc. I dont no how that scene would have worked, having aired at the start of season 4 and going back to the very begining.

In my opion that secene could have been off looking at that from the start of season 4 seeing that part was not a flashback.

Kondix

[29]Jan 16, 2009
    • level: 11
    That is another point... you see Adama before the attack... before his speech at the ceremony... so it ties in with the miniseries almost perfectly...

and the thing with the bodyparts is also great argument for starting with razor flashbacks... you see body parts... but you understand the meaning/purpose of them a lot later in the miniseries...

I think from a storytelling point of view chronological viewing of BSG is (in my opinion) the best.

pinot10

[30]Jan 16, 2009

Hey all

I no its a couple of hours early but ill ask my question again anyway.

So whats with the new episode Sometimes a Great Notion, does it come b4 or after the web episodes The Face of the Enemy chronicallically. Becuse, again the episode guide on this web site places it b4 the web episodes

So just wondering

Thanx

Doom442

[31]Jan 17, 2009
    Sometimes a Great Notion comes before the webisodes. Although we're not sure how much before. Judging from the promo for next week it looks like the Face of the Enemy webisodes take place after next weeks episode

pinot10

[32]Jan 17, 2009

Thanx doom

Plz keep me posted on the where abouts of next weeks episode in the placements between the new episodes and the web episodes

Cheers

klylu

[33]Jan 25, 2009
    • level: 8
    hi all,

sorry if i'm way late, but thank you so much for your help. hopefully, i will be able to get all the episodes.

thanx!

pinot10

[34]Jan 25, 2009

Hey all

By now another episode (A Disquiet Follows My Soul) has been and gone and i just like to put my question to you guys, again.

Does the webepisodes come after 'A disquiet Follows My Soul' chroniclogical or does this episode jump ahead in the timeline to after the events of 'The Face of the Enemy Webisodes'

And if this is the case, the order will b:

Season 4 (up to episode 4.12 A DISQUIET FOLLOWS MY SOUL)

The Face of the Enemy Web-Episodes

Season 4 (Beginning with 4.13 THE OATH)

Right????

Or could there b a possability that 'The Oath' also come b4 the webepisodes??

Thanx