Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

New Ronald Moore BSG project?

123home123

[1]Mar 16, 2010
    • level: 55
    There have been reports that Syfy is in discussions with Ronald Moore to create a "nontraditional" spinoff of "Battlestar Galactica," in addition to the current prequel series "Caprica." This would not be a regular series. The exact format hasn't been described. Maybe it could be occasional TV movies like "Razor" and "The Plan." Or maybe another web series. They aren't saying yet.

I'd prefer a miniseries or TV movie. The web series "minisodes" are just too short to really develop any storylines or characters.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

h00plah

[2]Mar 22, 2010
    • level: 10

I don't really know where this could possibly go. With Caprica, the possibilities of what happens before the fall of the twelve colonies is simply unlimited. A new Battlestar Galactica related series/mini-series/telemovie would be interesting but frankly they've run out of things to cover.

wild_krrd

[3]Mar 24, 2010
    • level: 1

Yeah, I think a weekly series would be too much. I don't want to see this turn into a situation where there are 2 or 3 related shows on at once, like Start Trek/ DS9/ Voyager. Likewise, I agree that webisodes don't really do a show justice. I don't think we'll ever see anything as epic as the mini-series but I do have faith that Ron Moore can come up with something that does the franchise justice.

A semi regular movie schedule would be the ticket.

my1sunshine

[4]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 12

I think more prequel movies/miniseriesare in order to add to the richness of the mythology.

Two ideas I would love to see explored/clarified are Kobol... and The Final Five. As far as Kobol is concerned. some clarifiction on how the religious war begins.. what seperated the Skin Jobs from their masters... who developed ressurection tech, humans or Cylons... what made the humans choose skinjob instead of Centurian... why the Cylon population left Kobol before the humans, etc.

As far as the Final Five, no explaination needed. I think all the fans would loove to see the story of these five on film, rather than just a conversational explaination, and I'm pretty positive the actors would be eager to cap off the storyline! So many things we would love to see that were covered in Sam and Ellen's exposition.

There was a comic/graphic novel which had some interesting ideas: IE: Saul creating the Six model, based on theangel which visited himon (Cylon) Earth .

What do you guys think?

Edited on 04/15/2010 11:05am

wedgeantilles54

[5]Apr 21, 2010
    • level: 12

There are alot of options, espcially when cosidering that caprica is set well before BSG and it is really so dobut full that it is going to cover a long enough amount of time for us to see the first Cylon ware unless they make it last overa decade considering that Adama is only 8 in Caprica and we know he dosen't join the colonial fleet untill his late teens or ealry 20s based webisodes tied to Razor

So it is possible that this new project could be related to frist cylon ware and showing what happened durring it.

goldtop2007

[6]Jun 28, 2011
    • level: 14
    Even though Caprica was somewhat disappointing I'd still like to see more from Moore. Whether concerning the BSG universe or not, still would be great.