Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

News and notes for Season 4.5

redhawk100

[21]Jun 27, 2008
    • level: 6
    nottynotme wrote:
    redhawk100 wrote:

Well I certainly hope they extend it if RDM thinks it requires more than one episode.

Anyway is the actors strike going to effect production ? It starts on the 30th of June and they havent finished filming yet.

Of course they have not finished yet....

"They" are all probably stumbling thru their lines....

"They" are only human....

Or Are THEY

Are you feeling ok ?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ContinuumVortex

[22]Jun 27, 2008
    • level: 15
    aah good so there is still more to go right? just finished watching them in the uk now and i was hoping that wasnt the end right there where they found earth so how much more is there to go 12 more episodes?

aloyoon

[23]Jun 28, 2008
    • level: 7
    the Promo for Season 4.5 was great first we see Saul holding a gun and point it at some one head i think adama then we see Adama crying i think he was standing beside Laura dead buddy or Lee iam not sure then we see Kara burning some thing and she had alook on her face very sad then we here Saul voice saying you are the fifth

nottynotme

[24]Jun 28, 2008
    • level: 3
    aloyoon wrote:
    the Promo for Season 4.5 was great first we see Saul holding a gun and point it at some one head i think adama then we see Adama crying i think he was standing beside Laura dead buddy or Lee iam not sure then we see Kara burning some thing and she had alook on her face very sad then we here Saul voice saying you are the fifth

Kara is burning evidence of her old vyper and evidence of her death when she came thru to earth before. I hope know one forgot she died.

Daxx00004

[25]Jun 28, 2008
    • level: 9

nottynotme wrote:
    aloyoon wrote:
    Kara is burning evidence of her old vyper and evidence of her death when she came thru to earth before. I hope know one forgot she died.

This could be correct. Maybe some Earth cylons still residing on Earth learned how to upload human memories to a cylon body then sent her back with her "new" viper.

mfirefly10

[26]Jun 28, 2008

I agree with whoever said the Caprica TV movie should air after BSG completes it's run. I was hoping they'd do the back 10 (or 11 or 12 or whatever it turns out to be) in September and they'd finish their run just before Caprica is set to air in December. Alas, no dice. I hope SciFi changes things and holds Caprica until BSG finished, but I doubt it.

As someone else said, I think if RDM needs a longer finale, he should get one. 2 hours, 3 hours...whatever is needed to make the finale the best it can be.

The one possibly good thing about the upcoming actors' strike is that it may not effect BSG too much. Yes, they're still filming but since the back 10 won't air until 2009, they've got plenty of time to finish up. The only forseeable problem will be the actors' schedules. For those who have already lined up other projects, it'll be hard for them to film two shows at the same time. I know Tricia's doing Burn Notice, Grace has a show on A&E, Tahmoh's in Dollhouse, and Katee signed on for Nip/Tuck's new season. But I also think the actors will do whatever they need to in order to wrap up the show they've worked on for 4 seasons.

123home123

[27]Jun 28, 2008
    • level: 56
    But the interesting thing about the possible actors' strike is that if it shuts down the BSG production schedule, it will also shut down the schedules for almost every other project (90% of TV shows fall under SAG jurisdiction, as well as all major studio movies).

On the other hand, if the strike lasts a long time, those other shows might want to start back up quickly, so some of the BSG cast members might not have much time to finish up with BSG before switching over to the new shows and movies. I don't think this will be a problem for the BSG TV movie(s). As any long-time fan knows, there isn't enough screen time to cover every character in depth in a particular episode. The same applies with TV movies. "Razor" only focused on a few characters (Kendra Shaw, Admiral Cain, Kara, Adama and Lee). Several others appeared only momentarily and Helo didn't show up at all. As long as the key actors in the TV movie(s) are still willing to complete them, the strike shouldn't affect those projects.

Superstrokey

[28]Jul 1, 2008
    • level: 4
    Thank god there is more... after watching revelations i was really freaking sad.

mattgus

[29]Jul 2, 2008
    • level: 14
    how is it that battlestar did not make the long list for best drama for an emmy?

efeatherston

[30]Jul 2, 2008
    • level: 3
    mattgus wrote:
    how is it that battlestar did not make the long list for best drama for an emmy?

Because the Emmy's traditionally look down their nose at science fiction, not considering it 'serious' in the sense of performing arts.
    Edited on 07/02/2008 4:43am

123home123

[31]Jul 2, 2008
    Also, the Emmy nominators look down at series on basic cable channels. While pay-cable channels like HBO and Showtime have won numerous Emmy Awards in the past, no show on basic cable has ever won a Best Drama award. A couple shows have made the final 10 list this year, which was considered to be a surprise. Unfortunately, neither of those shows was BSG.

What also hurts BSG is the scheduling. With only ten episodes this year (and none in the fall), BSG has much less of a chance to reach Emmy voters. Hopefully things turn out a little differently next year when the final 10 episodes air.

In other news, it appears that filming on the series finale has finished up. The (first?) BSG TV movie is widely thought to be going forward but production hasn't started yet. Maybe in August. Keep your fingers crossed that they film that movie and possibly two others.

redhawk100

[32]Jul 2, 2008
    I thought season 4 wasnt nominated because it isnt a full season yet?

123home123

[33]Jul 2, 2008
    My guess is that the process only looks at shows during the regular TV year, maybe starting in June or July and continuing on through May or June of the following year. Even though Season 4 will continue next calendar year, I think those episodes would be considered separately because they fall in a different "TV season."

trevorvos

[34]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 7

redhawk100 wrote:
    I thought season 4 wasnt nominated because it isnt a full season yet?

For all intents and purposes, it was a full season.

why they insist on calling it season 4 and 4.5 is beyond me, and it actually seems quite silly.

as if a tv season can't just have 10-13 episodes and be a full season.

anyway, it doesn't matter if it has aired a whole season or not, they can still be nominated for an Emmy. unfortunately, there's a reason why the Emmys are the joke of the awards world.

123home123

[35]Jul 8, 2008
    NEWS UPDATES

The BSG TV movie

Grace Park and Aaron Douglas confirmed that the (first?) BSG TV movie is underway, with shooting set to begin in September. Co-executive producer Jane Espenson will write the script while Edward James Olmos will direct. That also means that we're likely to see at least a few scenes with Commander Adama. I say Commander because the story is reported to be set during the events of Season 1, when Adama's rank was Commander.

There may be a focus on the Cylon characters but that's all I'll say here. To reveal which characters might give away some spoilers.

Season 4.5

Filming for the remaining regular episodes of Season 4 finished this summer. Post-production work will be going on over the summer (audio dubs, editing, sound effects, special visual effects and music).

Emmy Award snub

The show was not included on the short list of ten proposed finalists for Outstanding Drama Series. Disappointing but to be expected, given the traditional bias against both sci-fi shows and basic cable shows.

But an acting Emmy nomination is still possible

Mary McDonnell apparently made it to the list of ten finalists for Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series. We'll find out soon whether she makes "the final five" list of official nominees. (Yes, that pun was intentional, but no, it doesn't signal whether or not Roslin is the final Cylon. I have no idea about that.)
    Edited on 07/11/2008 5:26am
    Edited 3 total times.

adiav

[36]Jul 11, 2008
    • level: 8
    123home123 wrote:
    adiav wrote:
    We're obviously still in beta.

Nice line. I might have to borrow it sometime.

I don't think the season finale has been set yet. I thought the report was that the final episode could be expanded into two or three episodes but it hasn't been finalized yet.

You're more than welcome to. Use it wisely, for good and not evil. Or perhaps a dash of evil...

123home123

[37]Jul 14, 2008
    NEWS UPDATE

Season 4.0 DVD set available on December 30, 2008?

TVShowsonDVD.com reports that the Season 4.0 DVD set (which will contain the 1st 10 episodes of Season 4) will be released on December 30, 2008. They seem pretty certain about the information but the date could change.

In the past, NBC Universal has released DVD sets of the previous season or half-season shortly before the next season or half-season aired on the Sci Fi Channel. If they continue this practice, then this could be a signal that Season 4.5 will start up as early as January. This is just an educated guess so don't take this as a verified fact.

I'll try to keep this thread updated as new information becomes available.

redhawk100

[38]Jul 17, 2008
    I really hope the news about the DVD release is true. Let's hope its loaded with some extras and extended versions of certain episodes (*cough* Sine Qua Non).

tribalchic

[39]Jul 17, 2008
    • level: 17

****Battlestar Galactica got nominated for an Emmy as one of the five top drama's in the writing catagory.

http://www.tv.com/emmys/?tag=topslot;link;0&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

finally it recieves some recognition for its writing and not just its technical brilliance.

Edited on 07/17/2008 7:40pm

hazelnut144

[40]Jul 18, 2008
    • level: 8
    NICE!! Glad to see it acknowledged as the awesome show it is!