We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

News and notes for Season 4.5

123home123

[81]Oct 5, 2008
    • level: 56
    Filming for the BSG TV movie should be wrapping up now if it hasn't already. The production team still needs to work on editing and postproduction work (special visual effects, sound effects, cleaning up particular lines, and of course the music soundtrack from Bear McCreary). The movie is scheduled to air after the regular episodes of Season 4.5. I don't think there's a definite air date yet.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tripping82

[82]Oct 6, 2008
    • level: 14
    2009's gonna be a great year for TV!

123home123

[83]Oct 7, 2008
    Don't forget about the BSG webisodes coming soon, hopefully before the end of this year.

123home123

[84]Oct 9, 2008
    The Season 4.0 DVD set will be released on January 6, 2009, according to TVShowsonDVD.com.

The set will include all 10 episodes from Season 4.0 as well as the broadcast and extended versions of Razor. The Razor flashback minisodes are also included. The set will also have the usual extras like the Ronald Moore audio commentaries, the David Eick video blogs, deleted scenes, and additional episode commentaries from Ronald Moore and various writers.

I'm guessing that the release date confirms the air date of the first episode of Season 4.5 as Friday, January 9, 2009, but that could change.

AndreasOS

[85]Oct 15, 2008
    • level: 6

Season 4 (Part I) has been released on DVD in the UK (Region 2 format) since October 6th. At the moment I'm unsure of the Special features on this set, and it's likely that there will be some differences between this release and the Region 1 release (due to be out on Jan 6th 2009, as stated above by 123home123).

I expect to receive my copy early next week, and I'll try to update on the Special Features (if there are any) in due course.

123home123

[86]Oct 15, 2008
    Does the UK version include Razor?

AndreasOS

[87]Oct 16, 2008
    123home123 wrote:
    Does the UK version include Razor?

Razor is included on this release. I'll check when I receive it to see if it's the extended version.

MrBovineOrdure

[88]Oct 17, 2008

FINAL AIR DATES!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38768

Mr BO

redhawk100

[89]Oct 17, 2008
    Thats a bit strange. It says a "10-week run". Does that mean that we are getting 10 episodes instead of the proposed 11? Was the final episode made into a two parter? Or have they cut another episode?

123home123

[90]Oct 17, 2008
    They might air two episodes on the same night. Sci Fi Channel has already done that with the Season 1 and Season 3 premiere episodes. So maybe the final two episodes will air on the same night. Or the first two episodes might air on the same night.

I think Ain't It Cool is just guessing about the exact air dates. The Sci Fi Wire article only lists the date of the first episode and the date of the final episode.

Lord079

[91]Oct 18, 2008
    • level: 4
    Actually its not part 1 that has been released in the good cold UK of mine. The fraks have called it season 4!

Its like Family guy rather than call it parts one and two they label them the next season instead.... completley insane! I loved BSG but the producers and suits making fans wait all this time for just 10hours of telly is too much! I'll watch them but my passion for the show has gone out of the window.

The Caprica show looks meh in my opinion and web episodes are just that... short and cheap! Razor ones were reasonably good but they were part of a puzzle and better on the extended version of Razor dvd.

AndreasOS

[92]Oct 20, 2008
    Lord079 wrote:
    Actually its not part 1 that has been released in the good cold UK of mine. The fraks have called it season 4!

Its like Family guy rather than call it parts one and two they label them the next season instead.... completley insane! I loved BSG but the producers and suits making fans wait all this time for just 10hours of telly is too much! I'll watch them but my passion for the show has gone out of the window.

The Caprica show looks meh in my opinion and web episodes are just that... short and cheap! Razor ones were reasonably good but they were part of a puzzle and better on the extended version of Razor dvd.

Lord79 is Correct. My mistake. It is being sold as Season 4.

Razor is also the Extended Feature, according to the packaging. Haven't watched it yet though, as I'm enjoying the episodes too much at the moment.

123home123

[93]Oct 21, 2008
    The producers weren't involved in the scheduling decisions. The delays are the fault of the Sci Fi Channel executives alone. Well, the writers' strike shares some of the blame for the delay of Season 4.5. The year-long gap between Season 3 and Season 4 was the bright idea of the Sci Fi Channel alone. I doubt Ronald Moore or David Eick asked the channel to schedule a year-long gap between seasons.

It's frustrating but maybe the delays helped to make it possible to film the new stand-alone BSG TV movie, which will air after the regular Season 4.5 episodes finish up. The new set of Webisodes should be on their way soon. It's already late October. Since the new episodes will start showing on the Sci Fi Channel in early January, there isn't much time left before Sci Fi could show the Webisodes.

jugglepuff

[94]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 1
    With the upcoming start of the rest of Series 4 most people are wondering about who will be the final Cylon. (possible spoilers)
    ***SPOILER***
    There are so many questions that need to be answered before the series finishes, you know its going to be jammed packed from start to finish (second installment).
    Edited on 11/14/2008 12:52am

hazelnut144

[95]Nov 13, 2008
    • level: 8
    Any word on the webisodes??

Kondix

[96]Nov 14, 2008
    • level: 11
    jugglepuff, could you give some links to the stuff you wrote,
    ***SPOILER***
    Edited on 11/14/2008 12:53am

123home123

[97]Nov 14, 2008
    If anyone posts spoilers, be sure to use the spoiler tags to hide the information. Enclose the word "spoiler" in square brackets and then add a closing "spoiler" tag with square brackets and a slash mark before the word "spoiler". This thread should remain safe for people to read without running into significant spoilers. Thanks.

I edited a couple of the previous posts. I didn't delete any text but I did include spoiler tags to hide any possible spoilers. Other people can still read the text by clicking on the "spoiler" link.
    Edited on 11/14/2008 12:54am

ebony_kunoichi

[98]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 13
    I dont know if i'm scared or excited. i can't wait, but then again I don't want it to end.

123home123

[99]Dec 3, 2008
    The Season 4 Webisodes are finally on their way. Maureen Ryan at The Chicago Tribune reports that the first Webisode will be available on the Sci Fi site on Fri., Dec. 12, just nine days from now.

Two Webisodes will be posted each week for five weeks, for a total of 10 Webisodes. Each installment should be relatively short. The last set of Webisodes consisted of 2 to 4-minute videos, I think.

The Season 4.0 DVD set will be released on Jan. 6, 2009. Since I recorded all of those episodes on the DVR, I probably won't buy this DVD set. (I'm kind of short on money these days too.) I'll just wait until there's a full Season 4 DVD set. I'm guessing that could be released in late 2009 or sometime in 2010. That's just speculation so don't treat those dates as anything other than educated guesses.

There will also be some sort of 30-min. special on the Sci Fi Channel in January titled "BSG: Essential Elements". It might be a recap show or a behind-the-scenes special. I don't know when the premiere will be but I do know that it's also scheduled to air on Sun., Jan. 11, 2009 at 11 pm. Kind of late for a premiere airing. It will repeat throughout that week.

Surprisingly, there won't be much of a BSG marathon in January. At this point, Sci Fi seems to have scheduled BSG repeats only on the day of the premiere of Season 4.5. "BSG: Essential Elements" will air again at 8 am. Then 10 full episodes of BSG will air until 6:30 pm. I'm assuming that these will be all of the episodes from Season 4.0 but that is unconfirmed right now. "BSG: Essential Elements" will air again at 6:30 pm followed by 3 more repeats episodes of BSG. Then the first new episode of Season 4.5 will premiere at the usual time of 10 pm ET. Other than the repeat airing a couple hours later, this new episode will not air again on Sci Fi at any time during the following week. Very odd, unless the schedule is later changed.
    Edited on 12/03/2008 1:09am

nomatic11

[100]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 3

I find it quite funny that NBC Universal (parent company of SciFi channel) is now in financial disarray and are having to layoff 500 employees this week at NBC. NBC Universal is trying to eliminate $500 million in operating costs. NBC is considering reducing their programming hours and number of days a week of airing programming.

The reason I find all of this is so funny because these are the geniuses that wrecked their own schedules (Scrubs, ER, Knight Rider, Heroes, etc). Ratings dropped double digits on their networks to some unprecedent levels. Battlestar Galactica is a classic example of this. They (Scifi/NBC Universal) had an opportunity to stay on the air and grow their audience to the exciting series finale. Instead, I believe--and may be wrong here-- the general audience has left on this foolish and unnecessary hiatus. They should have finished the series, increased viewership, tie-in DVD's, and hooked the Caprica crowd while they were interested. Only the true die hards (people reading this) will come back. I believe that the ratings for the final 10 episodes will be more or less flat with little improvement. They lost their audience, and now, they will lose their jobs.

Good job, SciFi and NBC Universal. Your brilliance is simply astounding.