Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

News and notes for Season 4.5

hazelnut144

[101]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 8
    123home123 wrote:
    The Season 4.0 DVD set will be released on Jan. 6, 2009. Since I recorded all of those episodes on the DVR, I probably won't buy this DVD set. (I'm kind of short on money these days too.) I'll just wait until there's a full Season 4 DVD set. I'm guessing that could be released in late 2009 or sometime in 2010. That's just speculation so don't treat those dates as anything other than educated guesses.

I don't think that they ever released season 2 as a full box set though, did they?? I think it's still being sold as 2.0 and 2.5. Might they not do the same for season 4.0 and 4.5?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

123home123

[102]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 55
    Season 2.0 and 2.5 were sold together as a two-for-one deal for a brief time. I guess that was only a temporary promotion. It was nothing more than the two sets shrink-wrapped together. I don't know if it was even a good deal. So there sort of was a Season 2 set, but not really.

Lei_K

[103]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 11
    nomatic11 wrote:

I find it quite funny that NBC Universal (parent company of SciFi channel) is now in financial disarray and are having to layoff 500 employees this week at NBC. NBC Universal is trying to eliminate $500 million in operating costs. NBC is considering reducing their programming hours and number of days a week of airing programming.

The reason I find all of this is so funny because these are the geniuses that wrecked their own schedules (Scrubs, ER, Knight Rider, Heroes, etc). Ratings dropped double digits on their networks to some unprecedent levels. Battlestar Galactica is a classic example of this. They (Scifi/NBC Universal) had an opportunity to stay on the air and grow their audience to the exciting series finale. Instead, I believe--and may be wrong here-- the general audience has left on this foolish and unnecessary hiatus. They should have finished the series, increased viewership, tie-in DVD's, and hooked the Caprica crowd while they were interested. Only the true die hards (people reading this) will come back. I believe that the ratings for the final 10 episodes will be more or less flat with little improvement. They lost their audience, and now, they will lose their jobs.

Good job, SciFi and NBC Universal. Your brilliance is simply astounding.

You couldn't be more right.

123home123

[104]Jan 19, 2009
    • level: 55
    I'm unpinning this thread since the Season 4.5 episodes have now started airing. However, the thread remains open for future relevant messages.